BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

02-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

USB Trips and 2009 iDrive Svc Menu

Anyone know what type of format is used for the "trips" data in the new iDrive navigation system? You are supposed to be able to import "trips" into the navigation system, which would be a real help here since BMW Assist does not work for me, and I can't send address entries by Googlemaps. The manual explains how to import the "trips", and the iDrive regular menu has the option to do so (see attached photos), but there is no explanation as to what kind of data I should be saving onto the USB drive to be able to import a "trip". And no way to save a trip as far as I can tell, which might help to decode this.

On a related point: this may be old news, but using the instructions in a BMW manual, I entered the service menu for the new iDrive and its interesting because it allows you to see the information being read in from the GPS. It also shows the BMW Assist settings information. It is interesting that my car's GSM SIM, after I played with it a bit, showed up as "registered" here in Europe (even though its a U.S.-spec) But it still does not connect to any of the BMW functions. And no RTTI (long shot anyway, since it works over RDS). I did not try the svc menu while moving but I'll give it a shot to see how the GPS speed entry matches the speedo. Here are a few screenshots as well, including one showing how to update the Gracenote DB.

Another interesting point: since the iDrive in my car was updated several months ago when the alarm was installed, I no longer have the navigation volume setting nor am I able to display the map version--and it also does not show up on the service menu. Nav volume actually seems to work better now, though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0