Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

09-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Sailorbaz
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2004 M3 CSL

Heater / Heating interior

On top of the lack of heated seats, I'm now got the Mrs complaining that the heating in the new car is crap. No heat coming from the vents at all, even after a 30 minute run. Her Golf is in at the dealers getting some work done so she's using our E90 M3.

When I left to come back offshore, I don't think I'd used the heating to be honest if anything I was still using the AC since we rarely used the car in the evenings when it was cooler.

Question is, is there anything straight forward she can check herself? Obviously both dials are up to Max and left on 'Auto' with the wee wheel up by the Hazards rolled up to 'Red' and open but still she says it's luke warm.

I'm thinking it might be air-locked but why it might be air-locked, I don't know. Would it have had a coolant change in 3 years? Fuse maybe?

I'm kinda getting fed up with this car, every time I'm home it's in the dealer once, maybe twice for something. And I'm only home 4 weeks at a time.

2004 M3 CSL with Supersprint and 2013 F10 520d
Worldwide M3 CSL Register based in the UK
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
hugehead
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
maybe the heating valve/flaps is not working, other than that....... cant figure why you would not feel the heat after 30 minute for use !!

also make sure the temperature dail is turn up atleast 20c+.
oh and heated seat are a "must" tick option

Last edited by hugehead; 09-19-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Sailorbaz
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2004 M3 CSL

An update I had last week was they'd found a kinked hose but how it happened, is anyone's guess.

The gearbox was replaced recently, could someone have kinked a hose when reinstalling that? Just an idea, I've no idea if it was working before the gearbox was replaced since I've only had the car since May and it's never been cold enough to notice/need the heating.

2004 M3 CSL with Supersprint and 2013 F10 520d
Worldwide M3 CSL Register based in the UK
Appreciate 0