BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-14-2022, 06:54 AM   #1
manvirchakal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3

Tried a DTM halo headlights DIY install on my e92 M3. Didn’t get it right?

So this was my first DIY on my e92 m3 that I got a couple months ago. I found a cheap DTM headlight set off of eBay (It was cheaper than most options because it reused a lot of the components from the OEM headlights like the controller and bulb). I’ll link the eBay listing and the tutorial I followed down below but the problem I seem to have is that for headlight on the driver side, the headlight’s lighting such as the DLR components, left turn signal work perfectly but the main bulb doesn’t (no low beam or high beam functionality either). On the other side, the headlight components don’t work at all (so no DRL lights or right turn signal) but the interestingly the main bulb does (with low beam high beam functionality). I can’t seem to figure what the problem could be. Is it the controllers or the connections? I’m almost entirely sure it’s my fault because this is my first DIY but I just don’t know how to diagnose what I did wrong. I would greatly appreciate y’all’s help!

eBay item listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17323151233...mis&media=COPY

YouTube tutorial link-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0