BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Passport Collision

I just wanted to post a quick review Passport Collision in Suitland Maryland, right across the street from Passport BMW.

They are a new shop that just opened up in the past year. I have taken my car there twice now to get some minor bumper damage fixed (people seem unable to park behind me without tapping my bumper in Baltimore) as well as some key marks taken out (the car got randomly keyed in my work garage in Baltimore even though I was appropriately parked). Needless to say, the M3 is no longer allowed in Baltimore.

Anywho... the guy I have worked with there is Costa Manolas and he has been great. The reason I ended up going with this new shop the first time around was because Mr. Manolas was the first guy to mention the need to pull off the bumper for the repair and described the correct sequence for doing so. He also took me on a tour of their floor and paint booth. The work was superb the first time around and after getting bumped again and then keyed, I went straight to Passport to have Mr. Manolas take a look. The first thing he asked me when I walked in "Are you going to keep this car? Because if not you may just wait it out until you trade it in and let the dealer worry about it." How many shops would try to steer you away from getting work done on your car?

I decided to get the work done and he was able to get the work done for half of the price as I was originally quoted and in half the time. He called me daily to give me updates and walked me through everything that was done to the car, and anytime there was a change in what we had talked about he would call and ask first. He also made it a point to tell everyone (painters, techs) that I was a repeat customer and we really needed to get this done right for me because I was putting faith in them.

I know the thread is useless with out pics, so here is one:

(click to enlarge)

Before there was a very large white key mark going from the driver side front and rear door, that was visible even in low light conditions (Jerez Black is really unforgiving). Now both those panels are back to being mirrors (well, as much as the underlying orange peel would allow).

So if you are in the DMV and you need a guy you can trust who won't try to nickel and dime you for minor cosmetic repairs on your car, Mr. Manolas is a guy that I would highly recommend. I haven't worked with anyone else there, but I trust Mr. Manolas.