BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

01-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
luiscarlos59
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Worst website: Ordering from PartsVP.com

So.. i'm looking for several parts for my car and found by google that this website carried all the parts "in stock" and at a very good price. So I decided to contact directly the store to ask them several things about the refund policies and shipping. First of all PartsVP.com doesn't have any contact number or chat service. So I filled a contact info and I just receive an email from a guy from Mazda Arlington that forwarded my email to BMW of Arlington. A representative from that BMW answered my email and quoted me the parts with a different (more expensive) price than the one found on the website and also said that most of the parts were not in stock, so I replied that on the website there are different prices and it says parts are in stock and the rep just replied "prices change".

What the.. with this kind of website and services..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sounds like it's just a pass through for dealers and other inventory partners. Site doesn't actually stock the parts. Just lists a parts catalog, passes the order through to the appropriate partner for dropship. Probably can't effectively keep tabs on all of their inventories and pricing.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
grantmax
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Thanks for pointing this out. The internet is full of "pass the buck" companies that act as facilitators.

... I thought we had a deal. You stay away, I stay away.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
luiscarlos59
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

They have clarified now that the price on the PartsVP.com is the "official one" but the problem is that they don't have anything on stock. Still no contact phone available from PartsVP.com they gave me the phone from BMW.
Appreciate 0