BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
dkballer22
Private
Rep
Drives: 535i

Bmw Na Is About To Lose Another Customer!

I've been dealing with an annoying rattling sound coming from my left door on my 2012 m3. I recently purchased the car in July and had to take the car to the dealership twice for the problem.

The head foreman said my car has a manufacturer defect on the door which needs to be fixed with some type of machine, nothing that can be fixed. They had the whole side stripped open to identify the problem.

The dealership informed BMW NA and bmw NA refuses to correct the problem. Thus, I started a claim on the car with BMW NA and told them I want out of the car.

I gave BMW NA a chance to come out to the dealership to check out the car. Initially they said they would come out but then the day before they were scheduled to come out, they let me know it's not a major issue and told me to "DEAL WITH IT"

BMW NA is ridiculous, can't believe they would treat repeat customers like this. Whats the point of having a warranty if they aren't going to fix defects on cars?

WHO ARE THEY TO TELL ME THAT AN ISSUE IS MINOR? IF I PAID GOOD MONEY ON A CAR, I EXPECT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF SERVICE AND QUALITY.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

You are driving a mass produced car with millions of customers..not a limited customer exotic,.not surprised about BMW NAs response and not giving a f@ck
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Is it coming from the speaker on the door? Mine rattles. It's pretty annoying and I planned on bringing it up at my next service.
      09-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
You are driving a mass produced car with millions of customers..not a limited customer exotic,.not surprised about BMW NAs response and not giving a f@ck

I agree with your point, but if the dealer or whoever really said "deal with it"

You can bet your ass they would never see a penny from me.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

It seems that by "get out" you're insinuating that they lemon the car. You'll never be able to "get out" of the car for just a door rattle. And if something is rattling, it usually means something is loose; quite odd that the shop says that they require a machine to fix it but then you say that it's "nothing that can be fixed." Did you mean "can't"? Have you had someone else look at the door?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
That logic is senseless. The M3 is hardly mass produced with millions of owners, comparatively speaking. OP, try another dealer or work directly with the dealer service manager. Ive had good luck doing this.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
kiloil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkballer22 View Post
I've been dealing with an annoying rattling sound coming from my left door on my 2012 m3. I recently purchased the car in July and had to take the car to the dealership twice for the problem.

The head foreman said my car has a manufacturer defect on the door which needs to be fixed with some type of machine, nothing that can be fixed. They had the whole side stripped open to identify the problem.

The dealership informed BMW NA and bmw NA refuses to correct the problem. Thus, I started a claim on the car with BMW NA and told them I want out of the car.

I gave BMW NA a chance to come out to the dealership to check out the car. Initially they said they would come out but then the day before they were scheduled to come out, they let me know it's not a major issue and told me to "DEAL WITH IT"

BMW NA is ridiculous, can't believe they would treat repeat customers like this. Whats the point of having a warranty if they aren't going to fix defects on cars?

WHO ARE THEY TO TELL ME THAT AN ISSUE IS MINOR? IF I PAID GOOD MONEY ON A CAR, I EXPECT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF SERVICE AND QUALITY.
You want out of the car because of rattle? Get a life. I can understand you want out if the transmission is replaced 2 times or an engine replaced or a true lemon law problem, but really?

Find a different dealer. BMW NA does nothing and has never done anything for complaints. You need to have a better relationship with your dealer in order to solve the problem amicabaly.
      09-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
dkballer22
Private
Rep

Yeah the sound is coming from that area. The foreman and his mechanic opened up the panels and drove around to isolate the problem. They noticed some issues with the actual body of the car, nothing wire related and anything they can fix at the dealership level.

Yeah you're absolutely right but when that mass produced car cost 75K, I would expect them to care a little bit more than this. I had to hit up BMW NA and bitch to them to have them start looking into it.

Like I said before, I gave them a chance to come out to the dealership, cleared out my whole day for them and one day before, they just said "screw you, deal with it" so I told them I don't care if they tell me they will get me a new m3, I won't accept it, get me out of the car and off to my local porsche dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
dkballer22
Private
Rep

Hahaha get a life? Please, you'd be annoyed as well if the sound was constant.

I'm more pissed off at how BMW NA is approaching the situation. They could have come out as they had initially said to check out the problem but decided it wasn't worth their time.

If that's how they're going to approach the situation, then I have no choice but to keep contacting them until the problem is resolved.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
That logic is senseless. The M3 is hardly mass produced with millions of owners, comparatively speaking. OP, try another dealer or work directly with the dealer service manager. Ive had good luck doing this.
Go look and production numbers and then we'll talk..or are you one of those who "feels" they are driving a "special" car regardless of the facts

Also your advice lacks logic..hows he going to work with "another" dealer or service manager when its BMW NA themselves who have told him to f@ck off..last I checked BMW NA was in charge over ALL the dealers...

Thanks for playing though

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkballer22 View Post

I gave BMW NA a chance to come out to the dealership to check out the car. Initially they said they would come out but then the day before they were scheduled to come out, they let me know it's not a major issue and told me to "DEAL WITH IT".
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
I agree with your point, but if the dealer or whoever really said "deal with it"

You can bet your ass they would never see a penny from me.
Absolutely..as the customer you have that right..I would have probably tried to work with a local dealer maybe a friendly SA..over sounding the alarm to BMW NA though
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

lmfao..BMW NA is about to not give a shit
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

I would def try another dealer first. Dealers are indepently owned; only when things are escalated do they involve BMW NA; but that is mainly cause they don't wanna cover the cost of things in questions. In this case bring it to another delaer and have them start replacing things or try and alleviate the issue. A rattle can be tracked down and fixed prior to saying it's a major defect IMO. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
I would def try another dealer first. Dealers are indepently owned; only when things are escalated do they involve BMW NA; but that is mainly cause they don't wanna cover the cost of things in questions. In this case bring it to another delaer and have them start replacing things or try and alleviate the issue. A rattle can be tracked down and fixed prior to saying it's a major defect IMO. Good luck
Again..that will not work ...some dealerships may be independently owned but they ALL answer to BMW NA on warranty issues..so that has no bearing here..

BMW NA is one of my clients so I definitly know what I am talking about here
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Try another dealer. A rattle in the door shouldn't require such extensive measures to fix.

And please, let's not take this into "I paid [insert large dollar amount] for my [insert product to rant about] and I expect it to be perfect!" territory ...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #16
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Again..that will not work ...some dealerships may be independently owned but they ALL answer to BMW NA on warranty issues..so that has no bearing here..

But if the original dealer has mis-diagnosed the problem or is trying to apply a solution that's not necessary, the new dealer may be able to easily solve the problem in another way. BMW NA isn't willing to pay for whatever the first dealer is asking for, but we don't know for sure that that's actually the correct solution.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

There is always two sides to a story. For all we know the OP could be blemishing the story to get his point across. I hardly doubt BMW NA told him to screw off and deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

another dealer may not even go that far; they'll take the car and try and fix what's wrong; not all claims are excalated to NA; I also used to work @ a BMW repair center
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
Go look and production numbers and then we'll talk..or are you one of those who "feels" they are driving a "special" car regardless of the facts

Also your advice lacks logic..hows he going to work with "another" dealer or service manager when its BMW NA themselves who have told him to f@ck off..last I checked BMW NA was in charge over ALL the dealers...

Thanks for playing though
Do your thang then and I'll keep going to the dealer I found that'll fix every little thing wrong with my car, even issues he told me BMW NA doesnt cover. Dealers submit write ups to BMW. Thats how they know the how to cover the claim. It could be treated as a diagnosis and searched until they found a problem...IF YOU HAVE A SERVICE MANGER WHO'S WILLING!

I'm happy they're a client of yours. I've been in the industry as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Depends how loud it is. I try to enjoy the sound of my engine and exhaust rather than paying attention to every rattle this car makes. I agree with BMW NA that this is a minor problem though.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Well I hope OP gets his problem resolved with either the dealer or BMW NA. Rattles that can't be identified drive me nuts too. my car has quite a few odd noises tho, so I try not to let it get to me.

Might it be a cold weld or improperly mounted door component? Just throwing out ideas.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #22
dkballer22
Private
Rep

Hahaha yea I agree but if it's a minor problem should be a easier fix for them. I just don't like the answer they gave me. Drive the car more and if it still bothers you then contact us. Lol that's an unacceptable answer especially when the mechanics at the dealership told Bmw na that body work needs to be done to strengthen some parts in the side of the door.

I made an appointment with another dealership this coming week do we will see what happens. Don't get me wrong I love bmws this is my 3rd bmw just didn't like how BMW na dealt with the situation and won't accept this type of service.
Appreciate 0