BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
OZ!M3
Australia
Rep
Drives: Undecided

Australian M3 pricing...

Hi All,

The official base price for the new M3 here in AUS is $157K... hope this helps pricing speculation for you in the US.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
OTC_IPO
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/RR Sport 95' 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ!M3 View Post
Hi All,

The official base price for the new M3 here in AUS is $157K... hope this helps pricing speculation for you in the US.

Cheers
Converted, its still more than double the expected base price.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
You cant check from the conversion. Prices in the US dont go by conversion rates. Therefore prices outside the US dont help much really.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
deandob
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E39

You need to also compare the options - the Australian M3 is fully loaded, basically the base price has every option available ticked except the 19" forged rims, "high end" stereo and ski bag.

Still expensive compared to US prices, but not a huge jump compared with a fully loaded Australian 335.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandob View Post
You need to also compare the options - the Australian M3 is fully loaded, basically the base price has every option available ticked except the 19" forged rims, "high end" stereo and ski bag.

Still expensive compared to US prices, but not a huge jump compared with a fully loaded Australian 335.
very good point. one can't compare non-US prices to US prices for the purposes of estimating the price. but one can compare the % markup from one australian M3 to the next to see what kind of a markup we might see here in the US. deandob did something similar by comparing the % markup from the 335i to the M3.

still though, it's unfortunate that the people in the market for an australian M3 are basically forced into taking a fully loaded car, with little opportunity to lessen their own price by opting out of certain features.

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
First production car for Australia

My dealer confirmed this week that my car will be the first customer car to roll out of the production line for Australia. When I signed up the indicative base price was $165,000 and it was going to cost $182,000 with all fees and charges.
With the new pricing I think I will have the extended leather to go with the 19", high-end audion and comfort windscreen. I don't know whether it's too late to add the extended leather given the production is already locked in for September. I must check on Monday. Thanks OZ!M3 for the pricing update.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
deandob
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E39

AussieM3,

Congrats for first in line for Oz. My dealer expects the dealer demo cars out by mid Oct (and there is a M3 drive day in Brisbane planned for that week, assume same for other states) and first orders soon to follow. I'll have to wait a lot longer, ETA February but might be quicker as I want a manual. Be sure to post your impressions when it arrives.

I have been tossing up between a loaded 335 with mods or a M3. Initial impressions is that the M3 was way more expensive and not good value but now that I can see the M3 will have all the options I would have added as extras on the 335 the value looks better. The resale potential and the uniqueness of the M3 (at least for a while in the Oz market) are also factors to consider when looking at the sticker price.

I have the new M3 Australian brochure that just arrived, inclusions that are extra on a 335 coupe but included in an Australian M3:
- Alarm
- Electronic damping control (early reports had this as an option but the brochure indicates its standard).
- Logic 7 stereo
- iDrive
- USB, bluetooth, auxin
- M branded seats with better support
- Novillo leather

Optional:
- 19" forged wheels $3800
- high end audio $1900
- Extended leather
- Ski bag

What I can't find is:
- Adaptive cruise control
- comfort windscreen

When comparing prices/options with a 335 also remember the M3 has:
- regenerative power from the brakes, so no load from an alternator
- Better quality leather
- purpose built suspension
- LSD
- Better wheels and no run flats!
- No risk to warranty with mods (eg. procede)
- Better styling

Now I have to sell my E39 M5 and wait....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ!M3 View Post
Hi All,

Cheers
This converts to ~1 million HK$, our 100% tax brings this to a base price 1.4m, nearly doubled M3 E46.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #9
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Four demo/press cars in Melbourne

There are four M3s at BMW Australia HQ in Mulgrave. I am note sure about a M drive day in Perth, but will check with the dealership on Monday.

I almost bought a fully loaded 550 which is just $10,000 more than the M3, but it doesn't have the driver-appeal like the M3. It was serenely quick car, and once you are addicted to the raw power of an M car you will get bored after a while, hence my reason to get the new M3.

Given that I was looking for a comfortable car - getting old, will be 43 next April - I think the new M3 will really suite what I am looking for and at the same time give me that kick when I want.

Deadnob: Comfort windscreen is a $350 option and is really worth because I had it in my E46 M3, which has gone to a good home in Adelaide.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #10
OZ!MSport
-----------------~
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335 6MT

Hi All,

I got these docs from my dealer a week ago - thought I'd share:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AusM3Info.pdf (877.3 KB, 1018 views)
File Type: pdf AusM3Specs.pdf (887.6 KB, 613 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #11
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
All up cost

Hi all,

Just joined and this is my first post. I've been hunting for a new car for the last couple of months and finally decided on a new E92 M3 late last week. I rang my local BMW dealer to get my name on the waiting list and put down a deposit. Given the first Australian production run was all spoken for I was expecting to wait until April 2008 (or later) for delivery. A few hours later, I recieved a call back from the salesman ... someone on the list had just cancelled and would I consider finalising an order for the September production run?

As this thread is about pricing, I have ordered an Alpine White, Fox Red Interior, Aluminium Trim, Manual. Options (there aren't many for Australian spec cars) are sun roof (I'm no purist), comfort windscreen, rear roller blind, 19" alloys, high end audio. Basically, the only thing this car doesn't have is extended leather and a ski-bag. The all up on road cost (including luxury car tax and stamp duty) is $181,000 AUD.

The actual price of the base Australian spec car is $127,000 AUD. The killer is the luxury car tax, GST, and stamp duty ... but I don't care .... beacuse I'll be driving this sucker before Christmas!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #12
OZ!M3
Australia
Rep
Drives: Undecided

CONGRATS! - Christmas will be here before you know it.
Appreciate 0