BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #45
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Ok I read the following comment concerning low end torque... seems to make sense, atleast to me. What do you guys think?

"Top end HP, a more free flowing filter is best but for low end TQ, throttle response and thus drivability, the more restrictive filter works best due to intake charge velocity and vacuum after the filter."

Also, is this Macht Schnell an oil based filter? How often do you need to clean it and the MAF sensor as I'm thinking of grabbing one before the car gets here.

Last, can someone here advice what is the most recent software out for the 2013 M3 so I can make sure the dealer updates it before giving it to me. Thanks.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
EvenSteven
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
You've been lawyered my friend! VVVV
Not sure if it counts when it's coming from a salesman shill who works for the company that makes the product he's promoting. Posts from EAS on any technical topic can be safely dismissed as ad copy.

Anyway, if you don't have the old restrictive charcoal filter, there is very little you can do to the intake box. I would venture 99% of what you get from mods like this is induction noise. And the cosmetic upgrade, I guess (although IMHO the MS intake looks worse than stock, and I have seen several poorly fitting examples).

That said, I still want the Dinan cf intake and strut braces. Practically useless upgrade for ~$1200? Sure... but now with the M4 around the corner, the private sellers subforum is going to be blowing up with used parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Last, can someone here advice what is the most recent software out for the 2013 M3 so I can make sure the dealer updates it before giving it to me. Thanks.
240E.

Make sure to get the GTS DCT software!

Last edited by EvenSteven; 10-07-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0