BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

01-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #67
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauss View Post
If you want to make a million, start with a hundred million. I'm pretty sure an unemployed guy in a bathrobe living in a doublewide with a free trial to bloomberg can make 1%.
Damn, you figured it out. Shhh
      01-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #68
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Flintmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Damn, you figured it out. Shhh
yay for capital

read: family money of jackass college kid
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #69
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
yay for capital

read: family money of jackass college kid
Quote:
I got some support from those in my family, or whomever had expertise. But don't think, by-and-large, that any of them carried me to where I am.
The support I was referring to was their "knowledge".

Thanks, though. You're as classy as the other guy.

I'm going to stop posting in here now cause the thread is obviously going off the original topic.
      01-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #70
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapesta206 View Post
I actually work for JPM. At the moment, i'm a VP Branch Manger at a dt Seattle location
personal banker at Chase
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #71
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
personal banker at Chase
Right on! I helped the Clements branch during the conversion to Chase.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #72
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm the wrong person to ask on why it's so hard to get a job there, I got an offer
You must really know how to work the equipment.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #73
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

for an internship? You don't have to know anyone there. Just attend the "info" sessions when they come to your school usually set up the the undergrad business departments. They just don't go to mid-level schools. What school do you go to?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #74
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Btw OP, if you're looking for a good connection list, try asking your professors. I know the professor at my Business school in University had previously worked a career before assuming professorship. Some even worked at places like Morgan Stanley. Try asking them.
I learned more about finance in one semester from a class, in which the teacher was a ex fund manager, than my whole college career.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #75
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
for an internship? You don't have to know anyone there. Just attend the "info" sessions when they come to your school usually set up the the undergrad business departments. They just don't go to mid-level schools. What school do you go to?
I'm at a local California state university
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #76
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsrunem8 View Post
Transfer somewhere better.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #77
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauss
Quote:
Transfer somewhere better.
Wtf. Lol
"nice advice" I'm not transferring somewhere in my 4th year of school. And if you don't know how the cal state system works, its nearly impossible to transfer out to another UC or 4-year university.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #78
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Wtf. Lol
"nice advice" I'm not transferring somewhere in my 4th year of school. And if you don't know how the cal state system works, its nearly impossible to transfer out to another UC or 4-year university.
its not bad advice, i got accepted into the CS schools a week after i applied.. there not hard schools to get into, aka people dont look at them as "good" schools. Basically a big firm would pick someone with a 3.5 from a "good" school instead of someone with a 4.0 from an easier school. Are you planning on doing your masters? if so do your best to get into a really good masters program
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #79
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

I understand what you mean but I'm not transferring in my 4th year. And even though it is just a cal state, it's still reputable; plus our MBA program is known.
I will get my masters with time, but as far as my bachelors I'm just going to finish it from here
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #80
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
I understand what you mean but I'm not transferring in my 4th year. And even though it is just a cal state, it's still reputable; plus our MBA program is known.
I will get my masters with time, but as far as my bachelors I'm just going to finish it from here
Lots of "reputable" schools.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #81
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Goldman Sachs doesn't hire out of UC blablabla. Wanna know why? Because there's literally 20+ UC blablablas. I know you're saying you don't want to transfer in your fourth year, but honestly, if you haven't already interned at a BB, you have literally no chance of getting hired at one from a UC blablabla. If you're idea of a career is a BB, transfer, it's the only way. Sorry for being realistic.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #82
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Goldman Sachs doesn't hire out of UC blablabla. Wanna know why? Because there's literally 20+ UC blablablas. I know you're saying you don't want to transfer in your fourth year, but honestly, if you haven't already interned at a BB, you have literally no chance of getting hired at one from a UC blablabla. If you're idea of a career is a BB, transfer, it's the only way. Sorry for being realistic.
Agreed.
My plan now is just get my masters, at a highly "reputable" college, since my gpa is quite sufficient. In the meantime, I'll see what type of job I land
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #83
easyman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
This man speaks the truth. Coming from a school outside the target programs your chances of landing an IBD/ S&T/ Asset Mgt role is going to be VERY tough.

Sure you can go into Op's or FA but those jobs aren't the money making jobs everyone hears about / aspires to.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #84
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agreed.
My plan now is just get my masters, at a highly "reputable" college, since my gpa is quite sufficient. In the meantime, I'll see what type of job I land
Finance degrees from non-target schools are worth about as much as a non top 10 law degree, the paper they're written on. Literally everyone, their cousin and brother has one. Your best bet is a teller job at BofA.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #85
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed.
Finance degrees from non-target schools are worth about as much as a non top 10 law degree, the paper they're written on. Literally everyone, their cousin and brother has one. Your best bet is a teller job at BofA.
You fail miserably trying to talk shit. But good try!
Appreciate 0