BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
twozzie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
hahahahahahahahaha...who is this tuner you speak of? Obviously knows nothing about cars...
I wont say but he is mentioned as being respected in these here forums. Seems like the wife wants to keep the car now (at least today). I can still blow the doors off her in my X5 though, from a standing start at least.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #24
twozzie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i Xdrive

This Saturday I decided to get this sorted out once and for all, so I put the missus in the passenger seat, took off early out of town and decided to see what the car can actually do. First tried the standing start from the lights etc, using normal mode.Not bad but above 3-4k rpm is when it wakes up (you all knew this of course). 1 mile straight, floored it and off she went (the car not the misses). Blimey, that's quick. Did the whole thing again using the M button (I had spent a while before configuring it all). Bloody hell its frikkin fast. Now i get it.
So we decided to keep it and take out an extended warranty on it, the wife can tootle to work and occasionally give it 'some welly', and at weekend, we'll take it out and tear around like a couple of demented loons.
Took me a while to get there but I did eventually.
Appreciate 0