BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #23
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
all the money they spent gets put into the economy. just because they spend it in ways you dont agree with doesnt make it wrong. if it makes them happy and they can do it more power to them. i personally dont give a shit.
+2. Some of these stars are making $20 million + PER movie, who cares how much they spend if they make that much.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #24
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu View Post

A guy I know has a great theory about Scientology. Yeah, it's bat shit crazy, but it's also makes great business sense. Think about it, it's recognized as a church by the IRS. Who are it's biggest members? Celebrities that make a ton of cash. Now if you're a celebrity, with piles of cash how better to launder it? You can donate large chunks, and then the Church of Scientology can turn around and provide you with legal teams, publicists, etc etc. You get the services you normally would have to spend money on, but now you get to write off the donation.

I don't know if they actually do it or not, but it would be an awesome scam. Cover it up with enough alien mumbo jumbo so that people are too afraid to look real close at what you're really doing.
Great theory but I'm afraid Scientologists are just kooks.
Appreciate 0