BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

09-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

VIN Question (for tracking)

My car is in production and scheduled for completion 9/28 (hopefully sooner). When I go to track it on the shipt, by using www.2wglobal.com , I know they ask for your VIN to track which ship it is on. When and how do I get my VIN? Once my car has been produced does the CA or SA get the VIN, or will I be able to get it through the Track Your Car, on Owners Circle?

Thanks
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Spence, Can't help you mate.... but I feel your pain. Mine is schedule for production this week (was meant to be 2 weeks ago!) and I was expecting my VIN once they confirmed the build date/week.

I have been chasing all the info from my dealer, but I think that you can get some details from BMW NA 1800 alternatively other info from OC.
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

I emailed my salesman after my car went into production and he gave it to me. Once the car is actually being built it will have a VIN number. Your dealer will have this.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Spence, Can't help you mate.... but I feel your pain. Mine is schedule for production this week (was meant to be 2 weeks ago!) and I was expecting my VIN once they confirmed the build date/week.

I have been chasing all the info from my dealer, but I think that you can get some details from BMW NA 1800 alternatively other info from OC.
We are in a very similar boat. My order was also placed weeks ago, and I was under the impression that it would’ve been built and shipped by now, oh well. Just make it that much sweeter when it comes right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I emailed my salesman after my car went into production and he gave it to me. Once the car is actually being built it will have a VIN number. Your dealer will have this.
Thanks Cabinetman, it was actually your post about tracking your car that made me ask the VIN question. My car has only been in production for a few days, once we get closer to the 9/28 completion date I’ll give my SA a call and see if he has the VIN for me. Thanks.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Thanks Cabinetman, it was actually your post about tracking your car that made me ask the VIN question. My car has only been in production for a few days, once we get closer to the 9/28 completion date I’ll give my SA a call and see if he has the VIN for me. Thanks.
My CA gave me the VIN the day after the 800 number said my car was in production. If your car is being built right now they will have the number.

I'm going crazy right now trying to figure out which boat my car is on. I thought it might be on the Fedora due to the date it sailed, but my VIN won't track on WW's website. I verified my VIN is correct by using it instead of my production number on OC. My CA won't be back in the office until tomorrow so I'm stuck just guessing where my car is at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
My CA gave me the VIN the day after the 800 number said my car was in production. If your car is being built right now they will have the number.

I'm going crazy right now trying to figure out which boat my car is on. I thought it might be on the Fedora due to the date it sailed, but my VIN won't track on WW's website. I verified my VIN is correct by using it instead of my production number on OC. My CA won't be back in the office until tomorrow so I'm stuck just guessing where my car is at the moment.
What he said - Your dealer should have the vin. Looks like they started production early on a lot of our cars. I found out mine was in paint last Friday and there's a good chance I'll be driving it this weekend

For some reason the tracking website didn't update today, but from what I read on here, it shoud be complete 2-3 days after it hits paint.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my VIN won't track on WW's website
By WW website, do you mean www.2wglobal.com ?

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
By WW website, do you mean www.2wglobal.com ?
Yep. My car supposedly left the port last Friday, but my VIN doesn't show up in their system. I guess my car might have been shipped through a different company.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep. My car supposedly left the port last Friday, but my VIN doesn't show up in their system. I guess my car might have been shipped through a different company.
Hmmmm

I was under the impression WW could track just about any ship?

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #10
Shake-N-Bake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3

Quote:
Hmmmm

This info may be a little dated but I found it in "The Ultimate Order / Ship Tracking Guide!" Sticky, hopefully it helps.

"BMW uses different shipping companies for east and west coast. For west coast, BMW uses NYKLine for shipping, however, NYKLine did not have the updated schedule on the web like Wallenius Wilhelmsen (east coast deliveries) has.

Below are some useful links to track the ships. (source credited to e36M3r @ bimmerfest.com)

Wallenius Wilhelmsen (east coast deliveries)
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

N Y K line (West coast deliveries)
http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.html

Shipping schedule from Bremerhaven (use Port Hueneme for the EXPORT) <---- I found this one to be very useful for us <people in west coast> because NYKLine schedule is hard to find.
http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&L=0

San Diego Marine Information Systems. <--- use this one to get the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme (west coast delivery)
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/"
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmm

You can only track ships in their fleet. My car may very well be on one of their ships and just isn't showing up in the tracking.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Cheers mate - hopefully should get something later this week then...

Quote:

How is that experience going? I imagine a little crazy with anticipation that it is almost in country would be very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
What he said - Your dealer should have the vin. Looks like they started production early on a lot of our cars. I found out mine was in paint last Friday and there's a good chance I'll be driving it this weekend

For some reason the tracking website didn't update today, but from what I read on here, it shoud be complete 2-3 days after it hits paint.
Moxie - do you have a 2010 on order? If so.... are you do a Welt Pickup? That has got to be very exciting!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
How is that experience going? I imagine a little crazy with anticipation that it is almost in country would be very cool!
I am going a bit crazy. My wife would probably argue that I was already crazy before I ever ordered the M.

Right now I'm waiting to hear from my CA about which boat my car is on. Based on other shipping schedules I'm guessing my car with arrive in the US during the first week of October.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake View Post
This info may be a little dated but I found it in "The Ultimate Order / Ship Tracking Guide!" Sticky, hopefully it helps.

"BMW uses different shipping companies for east and west coast. For west coast, BMW uses NYKLine for shipping, however, NYKLine did not have the updated schedule on the web like Wallenius Wilhelmsen (east coast deliveries) has.

Below are some useful links to track the ships. (source credited to e36M3r @ bimmerfest.com)

Wallenius Wilhelmsen (east coast deliveries)
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

N Y K line (West coast deliveries)
http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.html

Shipping schedule from Bremerhaven (use Port Hueneme for the EXPORT) <---- I found this one to be very useful for us <people in west coast> because NYKLine schedule is hard to find.

San Diego Marine Information Systems. <--- use this one to get the arrival schedule for Port Hueneme (west coast delivery)
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/"
Shake-N-Bake! Very nice man, I appreciate that info. Being in L.A., and only about 40 mins from Port Hueneme, the N Y K Line is where my car would be. It’s funny, now that I think about it, I have seen so many N Y K containers around town, I guess that is why.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appears to be a dead link. From what I have read, N Y K Line is far more difficult and not as user friendly to track as WW

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #16
Shake-N-Bake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3

Quote:
Appears to be a dead link. From what I have read, N Y K Line is far more difficult and not as user friendly to track as WW
Sorry man, the thread I got it from was a little dated. If I come across any recent threads about it I will let you know.

I am actually in limbo right now because my car got to the NYC port last Friday and I haven't been able to get in touch with my CA to get any info on it. Is there any way to track it after it gets to port?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #17
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry man, the thread I got it from was a little dated. If I come across any recent threads about it I will let you know.

I am actually in limbo right now because my car got to the NYC port last Friday and I haven't been able to get in touch with my CA to get any info on it. Is there any way to track it after it gets to port?
I think what I am going to have to do is get the info on the ship from my SA once the build is complete, then just check various ship tracking sites to see which one if any can track my ship.

After reading a “tracking” post on E90post.com, it sounds like once it gets to the port.VDC it can take upwards of 2 weeks to get prepped and ready to transport to your dealer. I doubt there I anything that you can do at that point to track the car. Just be happy it is on US soil!

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

I was on WW's website, and looks like cars coming into Port Hueneme do ship on WW.

Check this map:

Appreciate 0