BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

EXXEL Distributions

10-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Tiggers!!!

Good night, New York.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

FUCK

YES.

GO LIONS THOUGH.

Detroit is a football town, no matter how much better the Tigers are.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
eat 'em up Tigahs!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Congrats, the Tigers played a great series

FUCK YOU A ROD YOU FUCKING CHOKE ARTIST !!!!!!!

The worst part was seeing Jorge play for the last time as a Yankee
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

GO RANGERS!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

I was there for the game. What a let down.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie83 View Post
GO RANGERS!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

If the phillies don't advance, its good to know that NY didn't either. hahaha
      10-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie83 View Post
GO NY RANGERS!
fixed
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #11
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

nelson cruz = hero
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Attached Images

10-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I absolutely agree.

How we beat NYY with all of our big guys (both pitching and hitting) completely asleep is beyond me. The only guys who have met or exceeded expectations are a couple normally shitty relievers and our role players.

That being said, if you would have showed me the combined playoff stats for Verlander, Martinez, Cabrera, Avila, Peralta, Fister, and Alburquerque as they stand right now, without cluing me in on what the situation is, I would have guessed we got swept out of the first round. our top hitters so far are Ordonez, Raburn, Kelly, Inge, and Santiago. WTF. Our best starting pitcher so far has been Scherzer. Again, WTF.

It's AMAZING all these guys can suck this badly so far, and we've still got a shot. It's a long shot, but still.... The loss of Ordonez is a big one. Also Boesch. And Young is playing hurt.... Jackson can't seem to do anything but strike out.... Our OF is pretty sad right now.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Needless to say, the Tigers HAVE to win this evening.

Texas is firing on all cylinders and have come from behind/score all year. Not to JiNx but they look World Champion caliber right now.
      10-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
The worst part was seeing Jorge play for the last time as a Yankee
Yeah that is pretty sad. Watching the Yankees dugout react to the final out, you could see he just stood there and maybe it sank in at that moment. I HATE the Yankees, but you have to respect a guy like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Needless to say, the Tigers HAVE to win this evening.

Texas is firing on all cylinders and have come from behind/score all year. Not to JiNx but they look World Champion caliber right now.
Yes, the Tigers must win. With Fister on the mound and if our lineup wakes up, we should be able to take it. Who knows though, even Fister has been shaky in the playoffs thus far.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

10-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

No fight left in this dog. Just put him down so I can concentrate on the Lions and UofM football, and other stuff.

High stress games almost every night are detrimental to my health.

Avila? All Star? FUCK HIM. He's what? 2-for-thirtysomething with half his at bats resulting in K's during the playoffs? Can't throw a runner out to save his life. What a joke.

Also, good thing we went ahead and wore JV out so he could lock in the Cy Young and triple crown. Way to go guys. Now we're paying for it, and I fully expect to see the crappy JV on the mound again for Game 5. We've got no chance.

...and what do we do if we're up by one in the ninth? Bring Valverde in? Good thing we tired him out by throwing all those pitches in a non-save situation, where HE WAS CONSISTENTLY TERRIBLE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SEASON. I rather would have seen Penny out there at that point. At least it would save our closer a bit and keep them from getting so used to seeing his pitches.... I wouldn't be surprised if he finally ends up with his first BS if the opportunity arises.

WTF Leyland.

And V-Mart? Well I don't know what to say about that guy. He's somewhat producing the last couple days, but he was a guy who used to win games for us from the plate. He's a far cry from that right now. Yeah, he's hurt, but a lot of people are hurt right now at this time of year. Either man up and play through the pain, or if the pain is too much (we're all human), get someone healthy in your spot.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

or maybe the rangers are just the better team.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
It's possible, but then again what about the fact that the season series was 6-3 in favor of Detroit and both teams made great pushes towards the end of the season?

I'll give you that the Rangers are the better postseason team. Too many choke artists and a manager who is probably medically losing his ability to reason in Detroit.

Down the stretch, the Tigers were the hottest team in baseball. This is probably mostly due to their AL Central heavy schedule during that time. However, immediately as the playoffs hit, they turned into the 2008 Detroit Lions. It's amazing we beat NY. I still don't know how.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Rangers though. You guys are handling us pretty easily even though Young is basically taking a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited by ragingclue; 10-13-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
It's possible, but then again what about the fact that the season series was 6-3 in favor of Detroit and both teams made great pushes towards the end of the season?

I'll give you that the Rangers are the better postseason team. Too many choke artists and a manager who is probably medically losing his ability to reason in Detroit.

Down the stretch, the Tigers were the hottest team in baseball. This is probably mostly due to their AL Central heavy schedule during that time. However, immediately as the playoffs hit, they turned into the 2008 Detroit Lions. It's amazing we beat NY. I still don't know how.
sorry man, but the regular season is null and void anymore. the whole 'well we pwnd the series against you in the regular season' sounds like when i used to justify the cowboys getting whipped in the postseason. perhaps your team just got tired from fighting their way into the postseason and it's just exhaustion. that's what verlander looked like game 1 before the rain delay.

with respect to NY, that just looks like a team of excellent individuals. i watched the series and they just looked like they were going through the motions on their own. but i would expect nothing more from a team with many egos and not a defined leader. the cowboys have been doing that for over a decade.

i think a large reason to the rangers success is team chemistry. this group meshes well and has off the chart clutch play. nelly cruz will be the MVP of the postseason no matter the outcome. but also credit the texas bullpen. they've been lights out as well. people often talk about teams peaking at the right time, and texas, for the second year in a row, is peaking at the perfect time. i don't make wild championship predictions anymore, but i expect to see texas going a little bit farther than they did last year. hell, we've only lost 2 games in the postseason so far. all other teams in the postseason have lost at least that many in each series so far!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
...perhaps your team just got tired from fighting their way into the postseason and it's just exhaustion. that's what verlander looked like game 1 before the rain delay.

people often talk about teams peaking at the right time, and texas, for the second year in a row, is peaking at the perfect time.
Trust me, I do not intend to take anything away from the Rangers here. Not only are the Tigers sucking, but Texas is really motoring pretty hard. I agree that we exhausted ourselves, and Verlander's exhaustion was fueled by arguably selfish motives in combination with a manager who encouraged it. I will not try to act like it's no big deal to win a Cy Young, and I sure as shit couldn't do it, but I think that quest hurt the team overall. Nothing's more devastating than seeing your insanely dominant ace go out there and look like shit. He was almost too good in the regular season, so now when he's off, it's a stark contrast, and it seems like it put quite a dent in our confidence.

I think we peaked a bit early. That's probably also what tired us out. Guys were playing injured down the stretch because we were jockeying for home field when maybe it would have been a good idea to let them get healthy. Then again, who knows.

Obviously if I was a managerial genius, I would be doing that. I'm not. However, I just wonder what caused the team to go from playing lights out every day to this train wreck that now exists across the board.
Appreciate 0