BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-11-2020, 11:12 PM   #1
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Enthusiast Auto Group - ///M Dreamland

Who knew Enthusiast Auto Group (EAG) in Cincinnati. Ohio has a youtube channel?

http://www.enthusiastauto.com/

Yes, apparently they make an ///M3 embroidered trunk mat.

EAG HQ

If you need a M3 CLS LTW like Paul Walker's F&F whip or a funky Z8...this is the place.

Cheers

PS See the red vintage E30 M3 in the background against the wall.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

I think most knew? Someone also posted the estoril vid about a week ago
      08-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Yeah they post stuff on FB/Instagram too.

Seems like they have a bad rap with some people but I had a friend pickup a beautiful E91 Msport from them and he was very happy with it, wound up selling it for almost what he paid.

Their prices are high, but they certainly have a very OCD level of documentation they provide when buying a car (oil analysis, detailed high res photos of every blemish, service records, refurbishing anything that isn't close to perfect) - so for people that are willing to pay to play you can definitely find a pretty nice example.

The flip side of course is they are probably single handedly responsible for inflating the used car values. People saw them able to rake in massive premiums on E46 cars and now finding a decent E46 for less than $25k is basically impossible and everyone wants to flip them like they're small houses.
peterc05114.00
      08-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

... I hate this group with a passion. Literally buy the cars and hoarder them and then years later sell them lol.

And then create hype over a color and options. Like sometimes I think this is extremely wack.
LostPanda276.00
slcook541863.00
      08-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

This is where most likely slick top , no navigation, cloth seats originated. Can't fault them for making a business out of it.
Appreciate 4
shimmy232350.00
GeorgeA758.00
aaa335252.50
      08-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
I think they do a real service preserving special cars.

I understand we all want deals, but if 1 of 1 or LRP is sought after, shouldn't it go to the individual that's willing to pay the most for it?Also, they do a beautiful job restoring the cars to near perfect condition for their customers.
Frozen570.00
      08-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post

I understand we all want deals, but if 1 of 1 or LRP is sought after, shouldn't it go to the individual that's willing to pay the most for it?Also, they do a beautiful job restoring the cars to near perfect condition for their customers.
I'm mixed - I do think they provide a service, there's value to both sellers and buyers.

I also think establishing such a high price ceilling to the market probably entices owners to properly maintain cars, which is ultimately great for the community.

The question I'd ask is this; is EAG following the market or creating scarcity to inflate prices?
Appreciate 1
Merlin_83473.50
      08-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #8
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post
Quote:

I'm mixed - I do think they provide a service, there's value to both sellers and buyers.

I also think establishing such a high price ceilling to the market probably entices owners to properly maintain cars, which is ultimately great for the community.

The question I'd ask is this; is EAG following the market or creating scarcity to inflate prices?
How are they creating scarcity? They have a supply they're willing to sell?
      08-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They take cars off the market at lower prices, and resell at higher prices at a later date - they're creating scarcity in pricing segments.

They frequently buy cars off BAT, a platform that should already be reflecting the market of enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They take cars off the market at lower prices, and resell at higher prices at a later date - they're creating scarcity in pricing segments.

They frequently buy cars off BAT, a platform that should already be reflecting the market of enthusiasts.
BAT is just an auction site. Highest bid wins. If the enthusiast in question wanted the car they could bid until EAG doesn't have the requisite margin to cover their resale investment (transporting, cleaning, replacing parts, etc).

If they were taking cars off the market, and shelving them until a later date that would be creating scarcity. They just want a return on their investment while offering a premium purchasing experience for those willing to pay.
      08-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #11
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BAT is just an auction site. Highest bid wins. If the enthusiast in question wanted the car they could bid until EAG doesn't have the requisite margin to cover their resale investment (transporting, cleaning, replacing parts, etc).

If they were taking cars off the market, and shelving them until a later date that would be creating scarcity. They just want a return on their investment while offering a premium purchasing experience for those willing to pay.
True, I understand that.

My point, up for our discussion and for which I'm not entirely convinced myself, is that EAG can afford to be the highest bidder as they can resell at higher prices, because they have created that ultra high end market.

It wasn't there before. Enthusiasts didn't push the market that high up - which is what BAT should be all about. Enthusiasts don't bid it up beyond EAG as they don't have a market to resell it to - they want to own it.

EAG created a new market through their value added services, though in a market with a finite amount of supply - is it really a value add or simply market manipulation?

If we look at the actual EAG services, they're pretty standard, I'm thus leaning towards the latter.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #12
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

Or it could just sit in a warehouse I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #13
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True, I understand that.

My point, up for our discussion and for which I'm not entirely convinced myself, is that EAG can afford to be the highest bidder as they can resell at higher prices, because they have created that ultra high end market.

It wasn't there before. Enthusiasts didn't push the market that high up - which is what BAT should be all about. Enthusiasts don't bid it up beyond EAG as they don't have a market to resell it to - they want to own it.

EAG created a new market through their value added services, though in a market with a finite amount of supply - is it really a value add or simply market manipulation?

If we look at the actual EAG services, they're pretty standard, I'm thus leaning towards the latter.
It's not market manipulation if you believe something is undervalued and are confident in your ability to find a buyer. Further, I'm sure they're a pleasure to sell your car to vs random strangers.

I went to school with the younger brother at Xavier back in 2003-2007. While we were by no means friends, I remember when they started EAG. They operated more as brokers finding highly desirable BMWs for clients. I'm sure it evolved as they generated enough commissions to start buying inventory of select models to widen their spread.

If you want a car, you can outbid EAG. Yes they potentially have more purchasing power but there is a price point at which it makes no sense for them to buy it.

Sadly, that's probably at or close to the true market value of said vehicle. If you are a diehard enthusiast for said model, that's the market price. It's not manipulation of supply when you have equal opportunity own said supply.
      08-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #14
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:

EAG does not have a monopoly on selling anything
there are plenty of E9x M3's for sale with prices all over the place
if EAG can find a buyer to pay even more than what it paid at BAT or other places, more power to them

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 1
M3R12168.50
      08-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #15
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
If you want a car, you can outbid EAG. Yes they potentially have more purchasing power but there is a price point at which it makes no sense for them to buy it.
exactly
EAG is a business
EAG isn't going to flex its purchasing power just to outbid someone
it will only buy a car if it can resell it for a profit
and no one is forcing someone to buy any car at EAG prices

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 2
DRLane3988.50
M3R12168.50
      08-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #16
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Quote:
exactly
EAG is a business
EAG isn't going to flex its purchasing power just to outbid someone
it will only buy a car if it can resell it for a profit
and no one is forcing someone to buy any car at EAG prices
Damn. Just put me out of business! Well said.
      08-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #17
JRF
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

It's called capitalism and they are good at what they do.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #18
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

EAG..... the same guys who claim restoring a modern BMW bumper to factory condition is a hard thing to do in north america.... I'm convinced these guys are honest people.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 11:11 PM   #19
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
EAG..... the same guys who claim restoring a modern BMW bumper to factory condition is a hard thing to do in north america.... I'm convinced these guys are honest people.
Where/when did they claim that?

Can you cite your source?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #20
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm jealous of their collection if anything. Would love to have that Estoril blue e92, but don't want to pay 997 Turbo money for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #21
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I mean, what baffles me is people want to play a premium on a car because of the options like EDC and Competition Package.

At the end of the day, the M3 without these packages is 95% of the same car as the M3 with those packages, yet people pay +30%+ for the car.

And lastly, like guys we are just driving an M3. Don't get me wrong, great great car, but like this isn't no Bugatti or Ferrari special edition here...
br2wdc275.50
      08-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #22
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
You guys see the 8k mile E30 M3 on BaT (Bring a Trailer.com) that went for $250,000?

I've known about EAG since 2014 - and I don't know how they do it, but they find incredibly low mileage M cars, often finding many 'unicorns' per se. And they do fetch a premium for sure, but I tend to agree that EAG may actually be helping to keep prices elevated. This is good for M car owners in general, but the flip side is they do overprice cars - in some cases insanely overpriced.

BaT has become my go-to in finding cool or unique BMW's, and I missed the chance to get a very nice 2009 E92 335Xi a few weeks ago. It went for an unreal low price (for the car) - final bidding sold the car at $7300

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 1
br2wdc275.50