BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

\ s65 1-piece universal manifold: An Inside Look /

Made from 1 single block of Aluminum, our s65 custom intake manifolds are precision engineered and manufactured from within to provide the most efficiently functional design.

Although it maintains a close to factory look on the outside, the internals of our manifolds hold the true signs of quality and detail.

Below: pictured showing bottom side for a cooled system with no welds and no bolts.

Below: finished product with standard finish installed on VF620 Lime Rock Park Edition M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Nice, now extrude hone one of those suckers and see what happens. Looks heavy, is it?
      10-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Very nice
      10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Nice, now extrude hone one of those suckers and see what happens. Looks heavy, is it?

IIRC, there was a discussion a few months ago about the weight of the s/c manifolds.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Ronnydashore
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silverstone M3 DCT

Any gains on a non-supercharged engine? I know this wouldn't fit with the piping on a stock air box but maybe an adaptor? Be nice if you did a dyno with a non-supercharged car just for kicks.

Does your velocity stacks create a higher velocity than the trumpets used by M?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Surprisingly not as heavy as it looks. Even with the Cooled configuration (VF620 or VF650 and soon to be VF595), the manifold only weighs 37 lbs. slightly less for the VF540 non-cooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Very nice
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnydashore View Post
Any gains on a non-supercharged engine? I know this wouldn't fit with the piping on a stock air box but maybe an adaptor? Be nice if you did a dyno with a non-supercharged car just for kicks.

Does your velocity stacks create a higher velocity than the trumpets used by M?
Our manifold was designed for Forced Induction purposes only. The length and width of the trumpets in the factory ///M airboxes all delve into the torque and throttle response + more. Our High Flow Radius ports, Tapered runner design, and rounded edges help to create constant/smooth airflow.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

I have this manifold on my VF620 and it's very well made. So far the kit has been great, the power is incredible
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

^Glad you're enjoying it! There's more and more VF M3's roaming Texas these days.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

I'm roaming Texas with mine. It's been fantastic, no issues.
      10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

beautiful design inside and out

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Very impressive design. It's nit picking, but I'm not a huge fan of the way the manifold looks from the exterior. Not sure how to improve it, but it has a very unfinished/after-thought look to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Cool - Nice design.

What can you say about your software?

(VF Sponsored cars - Don't respond please)
      10-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Cool - Nice design.

What can you say about your software?

(VF Sponsored cars - Don't respond please)
Thanks! We're very pleased with the our Hex Flash software. It allows for precise throttle feel and smooth power delivery (part and full-throttle) and delivers the performance you'd expect + more from all of our stages, 4.0-8.0psi. From healthy cars, owners have documented even higher performance output. At the end of the day like I've been saying to a few interested customers, words and graphs can only go so far. There's nothing like actually getting behind the wheel of one of our cars. If you know anyone with one of our superchargers installed or would like to come down and drive our long-term test car, you're welcome to stop by anytime.

Our '08 E90 long-term test car was purchased with high-mileage and has since logged +35k miles with the supercharger installed. I've taken it to a few of our local events and it is here for anyone who would like to get behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Very impressive design. It's nit picking, but I'm not a huge fan of the way the manifold looks from the exterior. Not sure how to improve it, but it has a very unfinished/after-thought look to it.
Thanks! The exterior design was inspired to closely match the look of the OEM airbox. Some favor it and some don't so we began offering custom manifolds direct from VF. In the past, customers were having to request a bare manifold and then have to pay for it to be shipped separately and then have it shipped back for final assembly after they've had it painted. Now, you can send us your custom design and we have it painted and assembled before you receive your kit.

Pictured raw direct from casting:

Getting prepped for custom smooth finish:

Some finished examples:

Custom designs direct from VF: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809426

See more Custom Manifold designs here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770923
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
Surprisingly not as heavy as it looks. Even with the Cooled configuration (VF620 or VF650 and soon to be VF595), the manifold only weighs 37 lbs. slightly less for the VF540 non-cooled.

Thank you!

Our manifold was designed for Forced Induction purposes only. The length and width of the trumpets in the factory ///M airboxes all delve into the torque and throttle response + more. Our High Flow Radius ports, Tapered runner design, and rounded edges help to create constant/smooth airflow.
Would you give some more info on the 595 kit and how it differs from the 620? Is it simply 540 kit cooled?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
Thanks! We're very pleased with the our Hex Flash software. It allows for precise throttle feel and smooth power delivery (part and full-throttle) and delivers the performance you'd expect + more from all of our stages, 4.0-8.0psi. From healthy cars, owners have documented even higher performance output. At the end of the day like I've been saying to a few interested customers, words and graphs can only go so far. There's nothing like actually getting behind the wheel of one of our cars. If you know anyone with one of our superchargers installed or would like to come down and drive our long-term test car, you're welcome to stop by anytime.

Our '08 E90 long-term test car was purchased with high-mileage and has since logged +35k miles with the supercharger installed. I've taken it to a few of our local events and it is here for anyone who would like to get behind the wheel.

Thanks! The exterior design was inspired to closely match the look of the OEM airbox. Some favor it and some don't so we began offering custom manifolds direct from VF. In the past, customers were having to request a bare manifold and then have to pay for it to be shipped separately and then have it shipped back for final assembly after they've had it painted. Now, you can send us your custom design and we have it painted and assembled before you receive your kit.

Pictured raw direct from casting:

Getting prepped for custom smooth finish:

Some finished examples:

Custom designs direct from VF: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809426

See more Custom Manifold designs here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770923
Very cool! I actually like the idea of in-house custom manifolds better than a one-size fits all. Very nicely done.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

nothing but enjoyment with our VF620 kit =)
Appreciate 0