BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SSii M3

e90 M3... will it baby? YES!

On April 1st my wife and I welcomed our 2nd child into the world so leading up to this I needed to see if my e90 would comfortably hold a rear facing and front facing seat. I am happy to say they both fit along with myself and my wife comfortably! I'm about 6ft and can still comfortably sit with my son in his forward facing seat behind me. This past weekend was my first Cars and Coffee outing for the season and I received more comments and compliments about the two seats fitting in back than anything else !

Now, am I taking any long trips with this set up? Hell no, that's what my XC90 and XC70 are for but for getting around town this works perfectly!

MVIMG_20190323_194709 (1) by patrick hamilton, on Flickr
95 325is *sold*
93 nissan 240sx KA-T *sold*
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Hell yeah! I’ve got a rear facing seat behind the passenger seat for now, but I’m sure will be adding a forward facing behind my own seat within the next 18 months. The E90 is the ultimate Dadmobile! Wifey’s Ford Edge is however the preferred vehicle choice for baby schlepping.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Hopefully the six pack will help with the long nights ahead. Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

congrats, my two boys, 5 and 6 are growing up in the E90
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Congrats (again)

Love it as a family car. It's just the right size. I'm glad we have some larger vehicles but if we couldn't swing that for some reason, I wouldn't change a thing. Almost 6 and 2.5 here. They both came home from the hospital in it and hopefully they'll both learn to drive stick on it! Dropped them off at school in it today, will pick up in it, and I'm usually the kid wrangler. I'm using Diono radian seats which the kids really like and frequently are able to fall asleep in. They're lower and thinner than some so they can climb in themselves and they add some extra legroom vs. some of the other convertibles onces you go front facing. Would have been a mess rear-facing with the Diono which is extremely tall, we used a carrier and then a chicco convertible during the rear-facing years

We take the whole family out in it surprisingly often. My wife would have been uncomfortable in front of the rear-facer behind the passenger seat if she was much taller but now that they're both forward, piece of cake for everybody. And my arm can reach all corners of the back seat for assistance/enforcement purposes. Double-edged sword though, lol

Last edited by Richbot; 04-09-2019 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SSii M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Hell yeah! I’ve got a rear facing seat behind the passenger seat for now, but I’m sure will be adding a forward facing behind my own seat within the next 18 months. The E90 is the ultimate Dadmobile! Wifey’s Ford Edge is however the preferred vehicle choice for baby schlepping.
This chassis continues to surprise me! I had an e90 335i before the m3 so I knew what kind of space I was working with interior wise but so far I haven't found much the e90 can't do for me on a daily basis. I love the looks of shock and confusion from people when I'm downshifting with the car seats in the back. Anyone who tells me that you can't have fun once you have kids is doing life wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Hopefully the six pack will help with the long nights ahead. Congrats!
Hahaha! That night I was actually giving some beer away. For a few years I went pretty heavy in beer collecting and amassed a collection much faster than I could drink it so I've slowly been giving away some of my aged stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Congrats (again)

Love it as a family car. It's just the right size. I'm glad we have some larger vehicles but if we couldn't swing that for some reason, I wouldn't change a thing. Almost 6 and 2.5 here. They both came home from the hospital in it and hopefully they'll both learn to drive stick on it! Dropped them off at school in it today, will pick up in it, and I'm usually the kid wrangler. I'm using Diono radian seats which the kids really like and frequently are able to fall asleep in. They're lower and thinner than some so they can climb in themselves and they add some extra legroom vs. some of the other convertibles onces you go front facing. Would have been a mess rear-facing with the Diono which is extremely tall, we used a carrier and then a chicco convertible during the rear-facing years

We take the whole family out in it surprisingly often. My wife would have been uncomfortable in front of the rear-facer behind the passenger seat if she was much taller but now that they're both forward, piece of cake for everybody. And my arm can reach all corners of the back seat for assistance/enforcement purposes. Double-edged sword though, lol
Like you i'm the primary kid mover so my 3 year old son get's dropped off and picked up each day in the M3, weather permitting (Thanks WI). He loves riding in it and will giggle his head off when I punch it in a tunnel or do a quick pull (within the speed limit of course). I'm not sure which model seats we have but the front facing Evenflo gives him enough room to climb in and out on his own which he insists on doing.

Prior to my wife giving birth this last time I was explicitly told that we were NOT taking the m3 to the hospital because she didn't want her water to break in the car.
95 325is *sold*
93 nissan 240sx KA-T *sold*
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #7
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbimmer1 View Post
Hahaha! That night I was actually giving some beer away. For a few years I went pretty heavy in beer collecting and amassed a collection much faster than I could drink it so I've slowly been giving away some of my aged stuff.
Good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbimmer1 View Post
Prior to my wife giving birth this last time I was explicitly told that we were NOT taking the m3 to the hospital because she didn't want her water to break in the car.
And good woman!

Enjoy in good health
Appreciate 0