BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

01-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Arkym delays on ESS Plenums? NO ETA after over a month

So I ordered my ESS supercharger with the Arkym CF plenum over a month ago (originally told there would be a lead time of 3 weeks). I went through vendors which are both on this forum which I have had very positive experiences with in the past. I'm not going to name names becaues I don't blame them AT ALL for what is occurring.

I have been trying to get some sort of ETA on the kits arrival for the past couple of weeks and neither has been able to give me anything. Apparently the hold up is with Arkym on the CF plenum. They have not been able to get in touch with Arkym to figure out what the deal is hence them not being able to give me an ETA.

Obviously I'm pretty upset about it since I've been out 5 digits for over a month and I can't even figure out when my kit will arrive (was supposed to be my Christmas gift to myself ). Has anyone had this sort of experience with Arkym? If you have the CF plenum how long did it take for yours to arrive?

I'm considering cancelling my order and just going with some sort of painted finish, but I am also thinking I should just be patient since I've already waited this long.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
So I ordered my ESS supercharger with the Arkym CF plenum over a month ago (originally told there would be a lead time of 3 weeks). I went through vendors which are both on this forum which I have had very positive experiences with in the past. I'm not going to name names becaues I don't blame them AT ALL for what is occurring.

I have been trying to get some sort of ETA on the kits arrival for the past couple of weeks and neither has been able to give me anything. Apparently the hold up is with Arkym on the CF plenum. They have not been able to get in touch with Arkym to figure out what the deal is hence them not being able to give me an ETA.

Obviously I'm pretty upset about it since I've been out 5 digits for over a month and I can't even figure out when my kit will arrive (was supposed to be my Christmas gift to myself ). Has anyone had this sort of experience with Arkym? If you have the CF plenum how long did it take for yours to arrive?

I'm considering cancelling my order and just going with some sort of painted finish, but I am also thinking I should just be patient since I've already waited this long.
Search Arkym and you'll get an idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

If you ordered through pyspeed that is the same thing as ordering through arkym.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
If you ordered through pyspeed that is the same thing as ordering through arkym.
I did not order through PYSpeed after what I've heard about them on this forum. If they're the same thing as Arkym, they're local... I've read bad things about Arkym, but figured that since I ordered through reputable vendors it would be fine. I also figured that if ESS would offer that option, they would have some sort of close working relationship with them on these parts.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics

Last edited by Jbook; 01-10-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:

Typical turn around on CF manifolds from Arkym has been about 3 weeks. Due to the holiday Arkym was closed for a couple weeks I believe which has caused a delay on holiday orders. We have only one manifold out to them at this time which we expect to ship back to us next week. Im going to guess this is yours. If it is you can email or PM me direct for updates and I will pass them along as I get them.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Typical turn around on CF manifolds from Arkym has been about 3 weeks. Due to the holiday Arkym was closed for a couple weeks I believe which has caused a delay on holiday orders. We have only one manifold out to them at this time which we expect to ship back to us next week. Im going to guess this is yours. If it is you can email or PM me direct for updates and I will pass them along as I get them.
Thanks for the quick update Roman! The only thing that has been bothering me is the fact that I haven't been able to get an update like the one you just gave me. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one next week.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the quick update Roman! The only thing that has been bothering me is the fact that I haven't been able to get an update like the one you just gave me. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one next week.
No problem, I oversee all orders so if there is ever a question just check with me direct anytime.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Search Arkym and you'll get an idea.

+1

2015 F80 M3: JB4 and MPE

2022 G80 M3CX: At port
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:

That blows. Hopefully since you are out 5 digits you have another nice car/suv/truck you can drive for a couple more weeks till it arrives. Thats what I do.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
That blows. Hopefully since you are out 5 digits you have another nice car/suv/truck you can drive for a couple more weeks till it arrives. Thats what I do.
Well I'm out 5 digits and I do have another car I could drive, but my car is still functional (just not supercharged )
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Thank you Roman!! I received the kit today and I can't wait to get it on. The CF plenum really is a thing of beauty and worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Roman!! I received the kit today and I can't wait to get it on. The CF plenum really is a thing of beauty and worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [9.00]
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
nice!! congrats now get that thing installed so we can check it out!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 哇靠~M3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
nice!! congrats now get that thing installed so we can check it out!
Dropping the car off tomorrow morning! Also replaced my Dinan exhaust with a Akra slip-on and added Dinan CF struts and sway bar. Haven't posted pics with my new wheels either. My Stack gauges didn't come in even though those could have been shipped when I placed the order, but I'll live.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Nardo E92 '15 Fashion F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
QUOTE=Jbook;13392546]

Dropping the car off tomorrow morning! Also replaced my Dinan exhaust with a Akra slip-on and added Dinan CF struts and sway bar. Haven't posted pics with my new wheels either. My Stack gauges didn't come in even though those could have been shipped when I placed the order, but I'll live. [/QUOTE]

I always told myself I would drop the extra $1500 for the CF manifold if/when I did it. Looks like there are finger prints all over the place... lol somebody has been caressing this thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
I always told myself I would drop the extra $1500 for the CF manifold if/when I did it. Looks like there are finger prints all over the place... lol somebody has been caressing this thing.
Couldn't help myself
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
HoodR$CH
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
Couldn't help myself
That looks sick, do yourself a favor and have it re-clear coated if its made by Arkym. Won't cost you much.

Brembo BBK|BPM Tune|HRE P43 SC|BMW Performance Seats|KWV3
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Is the piece a full CF part or is it just overlayed with carbon?

It definitely looks like it needs a good buffing out too.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
Gil@McKennaPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO M sport 2 series

Can't wait to see it installed!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AASuperchargedE92 View Post
That looks sick, do yourself a favor and have it re-clear coated if its made by Arkym. Won't cost you much.
It's already on the car, but I'll see what a local shop says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Is the piece a full CF part or is it just overlayed with carbon?

It definitely looks like it needs a good buffing out too.
It's a CF overlay and I figured I'd wait til it's on to do some buffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil@McKennaPerformance View Post
Can't wait to see it installed!
I'll post a pic soon
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #22
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Install it already! when are you free to meet up?
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0