BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #23
Silver TT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Hunting for M5 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matei View Post
I can tell you my opinion about the GT2. First of all my car is not my daily driver. The sound is a bit loud for a dd.
I changed your stock refference for a more better review.
Idle:
If Stock = 2
GT = ?
GT2 = 3.5

Mid RPM Cruising:
If Stock = 2
GT = ?
GT2 = 5.5 ( between 2500 - 3500 quite some drone )

Full Throttle / High RPM:
If Stock = 2
GT = ?
GT2 = 7.5 - 8.0

Hope this helps.
This is helpful, thanks. As for comparisons of GT vs GT2 is it just volume or is there also a pitch / sound change like there is between GTS and the GT/GT2?

I've listened to all the clips I can find on Youtube and on this forum and it seems the GTS is very deep and throaty but never really gets the high pitch scream at high RPMs that I love. I don't need the loudest exhaust in the world, actually work at a conservative firm and want to be able to drive in/out at low speed without being noticed...but when opening it up on the highway or in a tunnel I really love a loud high pitch / Ferrari Scuderia sounding exhaust. Would I be happy with the Meisterschaft GT based on that description or is it just way too loud?

Also would either of these GT or GT2 have a drone like this setup (no offense to owner of this exhaust...sounds awesome but too much drone for me personally):

[u2b]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9HBx1ivxQI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9HBx1ivxQI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Last edited by Silver TT; 12-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Added vid
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #24
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Here's my 2 cents...

I have the MGT and I love it!! Business practices aside, the exhaust itself is awesome! I get thumbs up on a daily basis from other drivers on the road. Sound wise, it is in my opinion the best sounding system out there. It's loud! Really loud! But a good loud! There is a very slight drone (ever so slightly) at 3000rpm/120kmh, but again, it's ever so slightly. I've heard from other members that the drone on the MGT2 is a lot louder. Quality wise, my installer with over 30 years in the exhaust business said that it bolted up easliy without any fit or finish issues. Looks wise, the split tips look sick!

I am confident that you will have zero regrets with the MGT.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

hi

hey im stuck also on the same exhaust's.. which one did you end up getting??
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
WCKL
Rep
Drives: 535i

Me too

I'm looking to just get the meisterschaft gt, and not getting sec 1 and 2. Coz I don't want anything oem being cut. Would this be loud enough?
Any suggestios would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

I just put in the meisterschaft GT it's pretty loud and sounds amazing but I still want to hear the gt2 I think I would want it a lil louder still..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 GTS edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASGM3
personally after dealing with GThaus and IND i wud say IND's cutomer service is impeccable and GThaus dun giv a crap about their customers. Next time i need anything im ordering from IND but i luv'd the tone of the meisterschaft thats y i waited for it . If you can get a meist from any other source go for it . The thing with eisenmann and akra is that they could be better in terms of performance but for sum1 who prefers loud exhausts i dont think they wud go for akra or eisenmann .
Right !!
Appreciate 0