BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

08-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvr4 View Post
Buy a used C6 z06. It's better than a mustang in every single way.
so put the child and dog in the trunk?
      08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Last time I looked, our local dealer has a brand new one for sale asking $47k. (Canadian) the car has 8km on their advertisement
      08-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsM3 View Post
Is there any other cars that you guys like under 45k...
My choice for a new sports car under $45k would be a loaded up 370Z. I emphasize "new", because it will have a warranty for the next 4 years which is important to you.
      08-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
I would just buy an extended warranty instead of downgrading in every category imaginable.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
salsM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m3 f80

I'm not comparing the two cars- I too don't think there is a better car out there- what I'm interested in knowing is the opinions on the boss 302
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
I'm not comparing the two cars- I too don't think there is a better car out there- what I'm interested in knowing is the opinions on the boss 302
I think the boss 302 is a sick car.

what about a camaro SS , Im a huge GM fan

I think you said your cap was 45k but if you could swing an extra 10k the ZL1 is an animal !!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 02:52 AM   #29
Robmaster
Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2010 E82 135, 2005 E87 130i

I'm also thinking to sell my M3 and buy a 2011 Shelby GT500. but i'm a bit worried about the interior.

I'm thinking to sell the M3 cause here in Switzerland the M3's have a very bad image.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #30
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmaster View Post
I'm also thinking to sell my M3 and buy a 2011 Shelby GT500. but i'm a bit worried about the interior.

I'm thinking to sell the M3 cause here in Switzerland the M3's have a very bad image.
So what kind of image does the M3 have in Switzerland?
      08-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #31
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

If you are thinking about a Boss, why not hang on for a Camaro 1LE?
[Although not for those who like to see behind or more of the outside world than a 2'x3' view from the windscreen!]
      08-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #32
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
The same one the Mustang is going to have after he gets one.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #33
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
POS comes to mind. I smoked the slow ass Mustangs in my group last weekend at VIR. One of them was a 302 and think the other two were GTs with their cool racing stripes that add 20 hps and knock 10 secs off their lap times. I'm not hating on the Mustangs, think they are good cars for the money. I would get a Camaro before I get a Mustang though. End opinion.

Last edited by armyav8tor; 08-31-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
POS comes to mind. I smoked the slow ass Mustangs in my group last weekend at VIR. One of them was a 302 and think the other two were GTs with their cool racing stripes that add 20 hps and knock 10 secs off their lap times. I'm not hating on the Mustangs, think they are good cars for the money. I would get a Camaro before I get a Mustang though. End opinion.

If the driver in the 302 was a "good driver", he'd be on your ass or you'd be trailing his.

Have you driven a Camaro? Visibility is atrocious. Interior guages are tacky. And Transformers ruined it for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
If the driver in the 302 was a "good driver", he'd be on your ass or you'd be trailing his.

Have you driven a Camaro? Visibility is atrocious. Interior guages are tacky. And Transformers ruined it for me.
I was trying to say opinions are like assholes, and made mine as stinky as possible. But I mean, I like the Mustangs, its got that whole muscle car thing going for it. Can't stand the suspension no matter what bs Ford feeds the fanbois. They eat it up too. If I was the OP, I would see what the next gen Mustang looks like.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
You call the Boss 302 a POS, then say you're not hating on Mustangs?

Listen, I'm already on record in this string, saying that the M3 is a better overall vehicle than the Boss, and wins in every way except on track, drag strip or at the gas pump.

Still, the Boss is a great value. The LS model is not worth the extra money, in my opinion (since it's only slightly quicker than the base model), but even the LS goes out the door for less than $50K. At less than $45K for the base model (with Torsen), it's a steal.

Objectively speaking, these cars are absolutely not competitors, though. The only reason they get compared is because Ford stated their track performance goal was the M3 at Laguna Seca. Of course, they had already beaten the M3 like a rented mule at LS, or they wouldn't have stated that goal in the first place.

Click here at fastestlaps.com for a track comparison of the two cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #37
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
You call the Boss 302 a POS, then say you're not hating on Mustangs?

Listen, I'm already on record in this string, saying that the M3 is a better overall vehicle than the Boss, and wins in every way except on track, drag strip or at the gas pump.

Still, the Boss is a great value. The LS model is not worth the extra money, in my opinion (since it's only slightly quicker than the base model), but even the LS goes out the door for less than $50K. At less than $45K for the base model (with Torsen), it's a steal.

Objectively speaking, these cars are absolutely not competitors, though. The only reason they get compared is because Ford stated their track performance goal was the M3 at Laguna Seca. Of course, they had already beaten the M3 like a rented mule at LS, or they wouldn't have stated that goal in the first place.

Click here at fastestlaps.com for a track comparison of the two cars.
You are the most opinionated guy in this forum and I still have not figured you out after how many years now? Like, you put in your info that you drive a Subaru Legacy and yet you are on this forum more than me. Retired? A lot of time? I don't know.... Just figure I put that out there... hehe

I'm not going to get sucked into a discussion with you because I know you have very good debating skills and have a lot of book knowledge. If your driving skill is half that, I would be really impressed. All I'm going to say is until I see one beat me on the track, I'm not going to show it the respect it may deserve. And I was overly critical of the Rustangs because they were trying to hold on for dear life not to give me the point by on Saturday (because the magazines and Ford had told them that they could hang with a M3). They learned to get the hell out of my way with a quickness on Sunday though. They were probably running in the 2:25s at most. This was at VIR. Like the instructors say, I didn't drop out of the sky. It's all in good fun though.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Maybe the same as in the UK where used ones are associated with chavs and new ones with successful drug dealers. The M3 suits British roads perfectly but without doubt the car comes with some baggage due to this popularity
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Is the Boss really that definitively better in the performance categories? Not being argumentative -- I've seen some apparently legitimate data that suggests otherwise. DCT vs manual for the Boss in this comparo, but 4 seconds difference in lap time.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #40
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Is the Boss really that definitively better in the performance categories? Not being argumentative -- I've seen some apparently legitimate data that suggests otherwise. DCT vs manual for the Boss in this comparo, but 4 seconds difference in lap time.

You mind scanning the whole article? I'm bored at work
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
You mind scanning the whole article? I'm bored at work
Boredom cured: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585705

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #42
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You are the most opinionated guy in this forum and I still have not figured you out after how many years now?
Thank you. It's simple, though. I have a fair amount of knowledge, and no allegiance to any car company. I am, in fact, a promiscuous car lover.

Quote:
Like, you put in your info that you drive a Subaru Legacy and yet you are on this forum more than me. Retired? A lot of time? I don't know.... Just figure I put that out there... hehe
My first Subie. Can't believe how much I enjoy driving this car. As much, in fact, as our first M3 (an E36), and more than our second (an E46). Went looking for an STI and returned with the Legacy.

I am here because there are several members who have both good knowledge and good writing skills, plus I have a lot of respect for BMW in two significant areas. First, they are masters of the ride/handling compromise, and second, they tend to make the best back-road bandits in any given category in which they compete.

Of course, I also publicly grind my teeth over their size and weight gains.

Quote:
I'm not going to get sucked into a discussion with you because I know you have very good debating skills and have a lot of book knowledge. If your driving skill is half that, I would be really impressed...
At a guess, if you and I went at it today on track in identical cars, you'd kick my ass hard enough so that you'd have to go to the hospital with me to get your shoe back.

On the other hand, I was a track rat for 14 seasons, the first several as a student, and the balance as an instructor. It's just that, since I hung it up in 2009 (mostly out of boredom), I'm quite sure that I'm completely covered in rust.

When active, I was faster than many. However in my opinion it wasn't due to high talent, but mostly because I was willing to cut into the margins more than most at any given session. (Read: The Red Mist.)

So, if we went back at it again tomorrow, I'd give you a lot of trouble.

OK, we can stop beating our chests now.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #43
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Minor differences in acceleration can probably be attributed to track conditions, or in fact if the BOSS LS tires aren't warm, they are way the hell down on traction.

However, I find the way-slow lap time to be a head-scratcher. Normally, you'd find the Audi to be a little quicker than the M, with the Merc winning and losing against the Bimmer, but you'd expect the Boss to be pretty much leading the charge.

Bumpy track, maybe? That would absolutely be a downfall for the Ford against these other three.

Good post. Thanks.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #44
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

I got a Boss302 and love it. If u have any questions pm. Ex m3 owner
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6