BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
When I get the unit, I am just shipping it back to where it came from.
Just refuse it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Just refuse it.
Really? What can I get done with that? I am at work, so should I just refuse the package when it gets here?
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Well to all, I'm the seller and I did not "Dupe" Mike. On the printed out Manuel, it clearly states that the device is able to be rest. Which I did. Before doing this I asked Roman if this is possible. He advised that it was but I would have to sell the unit cheap cause the person who buys the direct flash would have to purchase their tune at a full price and not the $10 I would be charged since I bought the device. So I followed all directions and never mislead anyone or posted anything shady. I have sold tons of stuff on here with a hiccup.
If I was given false info then I blame ESS. I even emailed AJ about the situation and how much it would cost someone to buy a tune after they buy it from me. AJ never said this can not be done, nor did he give me a price on a 3rd parties tune. Mike then contacted ess and they told him that it would be $50. Mike then emailed me saying that he contacted ESS and was given the tune price so he would buy the item. i dont know how all off a sudden this is no longer possible. Sounds to me like Ess wants people to pay the full$1000 instead of getting it chraper from a person who no longer wants the direct flash.

I followed the directions on the manuel and everything appeared to be to be Reset. If everyone wants to researched the sale forum, I even posted a feeler post about selling the direct flash about 4 months ago to see if people would be interested. I'm not hiding, I'm here, I was not being dishonest.

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep

Is this it?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662525
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLSVTM3 View Post
Well to all, I'm the seller and I did not "Dupe" Mike. On the printed out Manuel, it clearly states that the device is able to be rest. Which I did. Before doing this I asked Roman if this is possible. He advised that it was but I would have to sell the unit cheap cause the person who buys the direct flash would have to purchase their tune at a full price and not the $10 I would be charged since I bought the device. So I followed all directions and never mislead anyone or posted anything shady. I have sold tons of stuff on here with a hiccup.
If I was given false info then I blame ESS. I even emailed AJ about the situation and how much it would cost someone to buy a tune after they buy it from me. AJ never said this can not be done, nor did he give me a price on a 3rd parties tune. Mike then contacted ess and they told him that it would be $50. Mike then emailed me saying that he contacted ESS and was given the tune price so he would buy the item. i dont know how all off a sudden this is no longer possible. Sounds to me like Ess wants people to pay the full$1000 instead of getting it chraper from a person who no longer wants the direct flash.

I followed the directions on the manuel and everything appeared to be to be Reset. If everyone wants to researched the sale forum, I even posted a feeler post about selling the direct flash about 4 months ago to see if people would be interested. I'm not hiding, I'm here, I was not being dishonest.
I do not know what to believe. Roman@ESS told me I would have to pay the FULL price and kept asking me to keep buyin the E-Flash Unit. If ESS is making me pay full price for a tune that they probably have saved onto a server somewhere, then that is a bit ridiculous. I want to say 90% of the tune costs comes in the equipment alone. The rest of it is the cost of a tune, which should not cost more than $100. If I get the unit and plug it in (when I have time as I currently work in NYC and am only home once in awhile), and it is indeed VIN Unlocked, I really hope roman@ess does not give me a hard time about it. That would be unethical of them, becuase what if I had paid the $700 the seller was asking for a few months ago--would ESS have still charged me the full $1000 for a tune?

I need to figure this out.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Really? What can I get done with that? I am at work, so should I just refuse the package when it gets here?
Well you said you would ship it back when you got it. This is better and costs you nothing. When they try to deliver just tell them you are refusing it and they will send it back to the sender.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #29
bretster
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have a used E-flash cable here with the usb with the software and shit on my desk right now. Is this worth anything? lmao i just like looking at it
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLSVTM3 View Post

Directly from ESS:

Might be a mistake on his part but I have never told anyone the Directflash can be used on more than one car, reset or not. Reset just clears current settings, it does NOT clear the VIN.

I will be refusing delivery and I am expecting a refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

What I sent you is correct once the Directflash has been coded to a car it cannot be used on another. We have never advertised it to do so. The unit can be cleared and reset of any files in it, this does not mean it can be sold or given away to be reused on a new VIN. My suggestion is to purchase a new E-flash unit instead of spending money and effort on an interface we no longer sell when the money you spend when finished will be the same and will involve more inconvenience than necessary.

The seller of the directflash was most likely mistaken and assumed by resetting the unit it could be then reused on another car.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #32
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep

Thanks Roman. I am awaiting a refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #33
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Quote:
That was it..... I was told the same thing them as now.... Wtf...

Appreciate 0