BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

10-18-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

How lucky we are...European M3 prices

Someone asked me recently how much the M3's run here in France...and coincidentally, BMW France just debuted a configuration-type option on their website. The out the door price for an E90 M3 sedan fully optioned is now around 92,000euros; or about US$137,000. I am pretty sure that reflects a significant increase in euro terms (never mind the dollar) from last year.

I'm attaching a nice PDF copy of the price for an E90 optioned as I bought mine (the DCT option could not be selected on the site, but the official price list shows it runs 4,200 euros (or around $6500). In comparison, my fully optioned US-spec car ran a shade over $60K (with every option, less the mil/diplomatic discount and about $3000 back from M3 for having misled me on what US-spec options worked here and which didn't--and of course, no taxes). If I converted the US price I paid to euros, I think I could buy a 325i here...but not well optioned. Kind of explains why these M cars are a rarity here.

On the plus side, as you can see on the official "tarifs" for the M3, French customers gets some extra option possibilities and the individual color options, which, while expensive, look nice.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf tarifs_m3.pdf (1.09 MB, 244 views)
File Type: pdf French M3 Price.pdf (332.5 KB, 560 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 range rover vogue SE

The price of being european, things cost pretty much double of USA price, and in terms of average wage, we earn less also!

going to configure my M3 later, with first drops of snow arriving, i wont be able to drive a M3 till March, guess 3-4 months order time, start of December sounds a good time.

thanks for the info, i wanted to have a decent idea of the expenses and extras before i went into the store, as my french is only basic/medium level great bit of info here!

glad you spotted the configure option on the site, i noticed most car companys dont have this and its good idea and useful source.

what sucks even more, if you want a 911 turbo you need 120k euro so then closer to 200,000 USD

then you got american cars that imported to europe and cost double the sticker price then in america and often 2 years old.

let the good times roll, and be a bit more aprecitive of your M3 because it is really that special of a car.

also 1 MILLLION MERCIS for the new discovery of the french configure function, we own 3 land rovers and hopefully will convert over to BMWs so theres a few more cars then the M3 that i need to configure
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

The average price for a new rather loaded E90 M3 here in Holland is about 115,000 euros, for the E92 M3 about 120k euros. At my dealership in the showroom a few months ago: loaded E93 M3, 139,000 euros....

OMG how I love my country......
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
The average price for a new rather loaded E90 M3 here in Holland is about 115,000 euros, for the E92 M3 about 120k euros. At my dealership in the showroom a few months ago: loaded E93 M3, 139,000 euros....

was it you who got a ticket for 104 in a 100km zone? that would never happen in france. you get a minimum of 10 percent over the limit before you get offical ticket.

some things just dont add up
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

87k is my quote without knowing exact options so 92 sounds fair

just gotta wait it out till about december
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Don't they tax you European types pretty hard to pay for health care & other government run programs? Don't these taxes make up a large amount of the difference between US & European prices?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Pete The Greek
the greek guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 AW/FR

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [0.00]

wow thats rediculous
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I'm assuming it's because their euro to dollar conversion is greater? I spent sometime in the UK and couldn't stop converting the cost of living and salary from euro to dollar. It was nuts!
      10-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

i thought it comes down to population of america and the consumer rate/market.

either way you couldnt charge more then what they do for a M3 in america or they wouldnt sell any.

europe is quite strange on prices i found.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Fou!

(crazy, for the non French speakers)
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

That's funny. They're going for mid sixties here, which is like 50k euros.
      10-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Stop complaining.
You have like 3 times more vacation days than average US vacation times in business and fully paid amazing healthcare vs. our sucky 3rd party health insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
Someone asked me recently how much the M3's run here in France...and coincidentally, BMW France just debuted a configuration-type option on their website. The out the door price for an E90 M3 sedan fully optioned is now around 92,000euros; or about US$137,000. I am pretty sure that reflects a significant increase in euro terms (never mind the dollar) from last year.

I'm attaching a nice PDF copy of the price for an E90 optioned as I bought mine (the DCT option could not be selected on the site, but the official price list shows it runs 4,200 euros (or around $6500). In comparison, my fully optioned US-spec car ran a shade over $60K (with every option, less the mil/diplomatic discount and about $3000 back from M3 for having misled me on what US-spec options worked here and which didn't--and of course, no taxes). If I converted the US price I paid to euros, I think I could buy a 325i here...but not well optioned. Kind of explains why these M cars are a rarity here.

On the plus side, as you can see on the official "tarifs" for the M3, French customers gets some extra option possibilities and the individual color options, which, while expensive, look nice.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Stop complaining.
You can smoke pot while walking your dog on the street.
I can't even smoke my Carmel Light next to building entrance.

Quote:

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
Stop complaining.
You have like 3 times more vacation days than average US vacation times in business and fully paid amazing healthcare vs. our sucky 3rd party health insurance.
Perhaps you ought to read my posting before writing...you will see that I have nothing to complain about (nor did I do so) re the price of an M3 since I have a US-spec car here in Europe which I bought for less than most US-spec cars are sold in the US. What I explained in my posting was in fact to point out the difference in prices to show how lucky we are in the U.S. to be able to afford these cars. Complaining, how so?

As far as your OT points re vacation days and health care, don't believe everything you read or hear. To be sure, gov't workers or those in big companies in France may get several weeks off from their jobs a year (but so do federal employees), but if you work for yourself or in a smaller company, you don't take much time off here either. And pretty much everyone in France that can afford to do so, pays for a supplemental health insurance policy. And what you pay for other fixed costs here such as car insurance, utilities, etc in France partially offsets the cost of your health insurance.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #15
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I'm assuming it's because their euro to dollar conversion is greater? I spent sometime in the UK and couldn't stop converting the cost of living and salary from euro to dollar. It was nuts!
Hence why you really can't just do a direct comparison..With Euro, Jpn and US prices..

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
As far as your OT points re vacation days and health care, don't believe everything you read or hear. To be sure, gov't workers or those in big companies in France may get several weeks off from their jobs a year (but so do federal employees), but if you work for yourself or in a smaller company, you don't take much time off here either. And pretty much everyone in France that can afford to do so, pays for a supplemental health insurance policy. And what you pay for other fixed costs here such as car insurance, utilities, etc in France partially offsets the cost of your health insurance.
From what I see it's simple fix..Get a better job. More time off and no bitching about prices (yes i'm being sarcastic)

Even with your complaints (every country has dislikes) its still better than our ripoff health care insurance and auto insurance companies.

btw My wife is from Marseille. My french connection..
Appreciate 0