BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Mmmdreamer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black

Here everyday, not sure why

Majority of people have been coming to this forum for a good few years now...I come daily...with no particular aim or purpose.

I look at the gallery, local forum (you know, see if anyone has spotted me around town), then the main forum. Occasionally I dip into the Engine forum just to see all the drama about the extra 2hp one tune made over another.

Even the gallery is kind of underwhelming, I feel like I've seen almost every permutation of the e9x...wheels, bumpers, diffusers, stripes, seats...it's all looking pretty plain to me now.

Still love driving the car...enjoy seeing other Ms on the road...they have a nice presence on the roads...more menacing than they look in pictures.

I could have probably learned some valuable skill with all the time I've put into the forum...instead, I've learned a bunch of stuff that are useless in casual conversation with normal people.
[08 e90 M3. Jet Black/Black. Dinan Rear Exhaust. ACM Test Pipes. ESS Tune. Eibach Pro-Kit + e36 bumpstops. 18x10 Apex Arc-8. AA Air Filter. RPI Scoops. CREE Angel Eyes. OEM Blacklines. Black Reflectors. Gloss Black Grills. Matte Black Gills. ZCP Shift Knob]
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

I agree with everything you said. I have only been here for approximately 6 months. I have wasted my time participating in many DCT vs MT threads...which in hindsight I now regret. Wasted my time for no reason...
Maybe I'll stick to the threads with information and less on drama....

Last edited by Cool Steel; 09-23-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Antonio1988
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel View Post
I agree with everything you said. I have only been here for approximately 6 months. I have wasted my time participating in many DCT vs MT threads...which in hindsight I now regret. Wasted my time for no reason...
My same story almost exactly

2012 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

pretty much describes me. Prior to actually signing up in april 2011 I was a forum lurker since about 2009. I too usually log in a look at the new threads posted on the General and engine forum. This is the longest time Ive been part of aforum and its been entertaining seeing the different personalities that are out there. Also have enjoyed coversation with other forum regulars. Personally I think it has been pretty cool and educational. I have learnet alot of information regarding not only the M but automobiles in general. I have to admit Ive always found the M3 vs 335 threads quite entertaining but have gotten pretty sick of the constant MT vs DCT battles.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

I've been coming here for a while now. I've learned so much from a lot of knowledgeable people on the board. I have met several local members and even one who had a business trip in my state. I also have formed wonderful friendships with a group of people on here whom I have never met. They answer all my questions for me and help me with my modding issues. I very much value their friendships. All forums have fun times, boring times, and frustrating times, but to me the friendships made here are invaluable.

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
I've been coming here for a while now. I've learned so much from a lot of knowledgeable people on the board. I have met several local members and even one who had a business trip in my state. I also have formed wonderful friendships with a group of people on here whom I have never met. They answer all my questions for me and help me with my modding issues. I very much value their friendships. All forums have fun times, boring times, and frustrating times, but to me the friendships made here are invaluable.
+1
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I have been coming here for 3 years now. I have learned so much and it was the main reason for me visiting, sharing my personal experience with my M3 was also pretty rewarding. Posting this stuff on facebook is pointless, noone has any clue what it is about, but here you get nice feedback and appreciation.

Maybe I am compensating for the lack of true car enthusiasts amongst my not so many friends

Although, the learning curve have flattened considerbly lately, because I am like OP have seen and heard it all.. Plus there is not much new from tuners these days. Now I just come here to see the latests from the well known entertainers whose names are too well-known around here to mention
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
bris2013m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Been here a year now both before and after delivery of my M and feel the same I come in look up any questions I have and have a look around for bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I'm not sure where all my posts came from but apparently I'm on the forum a fair amount. I've learned a ton about our cars and cars in general and I've met a lot of great people locally through this forum. I've noticed that the E9x M3 forum has really taken a nose dive in traffic in the last 2 months and I imagine that will continue now that we're getting M3/M4 info coming across and the new car next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD
pretty much describes me. Prior to actually signing up in april 2011 I was a forum lurker since about 2009. I too usually log in a look at the new threads posted on the General and engine forum. This is the longest time Ive been part of aforum and its been entertaining seeing the different personalities that are out there. Also have enjoyed coversation with other forum regulars. Personally I think it has been pretty cool and educational. I have learnet alot of information regarding not only the M but automobiles in general. I have to admit Ive always found the M3 vs 335 threads quite entertaining but have gotten pretty sick of the constant MT vs DCT battles.
Exactly - one can learn far more
about human psychology on this forum than BMW's or cars in general for that matter...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

do you know how much time i would have to spend talking with my wife if it werent for this forum. time well spent if you ask me. i learn something and get to give back as well. this is humanitarian work if i have ever seen it.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

someone gets it! please dont tell on me or i will end up missing.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

The e9x M3 has been around since late summer 2007. That is over 6 years. Most of the issues surrounding the actual car, tuning, performance, etc, etc, have been beaten to death. There is nothing new to be discovered and there hasn't been for a number of years.

This forum is no different than any other car enthusiast forum. The first years are packed with real information on the car. The later years tend to be more about just socializing with fellow owners and discussions that go off on tangents.

Don't worry....when the F8x platform hits, it'll all be about the car again. In the meantime, enjoy the still interesting and varied discussion topics that come up. It's all part of the online community.
      09-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

LOL...a little too close to home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
do you know how much time i would have to spend talking with my wife if it werent for this forum. time well spent if you ask me. i learn something and get to give back as well. this is humanitarian work if i have ever seen it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

I check the forums on the iPhone app everyday even though it's pretty much just pointless troll threads nowadays.

If I actually need to find some info I'll just google it and most of the time it leads to an old post on here.
      09-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

I like debating on here.

Its entertainment 95% and good info 5%.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #17
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD
You know you are thinking about the "engine exhaust" thread while you are with patients. Dont lie. Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

This thread is one of the best threads lately...why some of us are here daily, and sometimes aimlessly.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #19
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT
This thread is one of the best threads lately...why some of us are here daily, and sometimes aimlessly.
This is my facebook. I have no friends.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #20
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hehe, I'm also way too much on the forums. But don't want to miss out any news on the latest mods for our cars

For sure I've learnt ALOT here over the past three years of ownership. From troubleshooting to tuning, from setups to reviews, from groupbuys to inspiration for mods, from helpful installation guides even for my shop to the occasional DIY.

And I've gotten to know several members here in "real life" which have become good friends now.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #21
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

This thread describes me perfectly.. I started in e90post right around when BMS released the JB4 and meth was new; awesome wealth of info and I had a "good" excuse to come here daily. I then found myself lurking m3post before I had the m3.. Now I'm pretty much done modding the M... I think lol but I still come here everyday; looking through the general section, then galleryyy, regional for local deals on things I won't even buy, then wheels/tires to see if any new wheels are out. I dunno I still enjoy it even tho there really is no groundbreaking information to discover about the e9x anymore.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #22
Mmmdreamer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Mr. 1more, I knew you'd reply =) How's the e46 doing? Miss the v8 at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
I will say - I've met quite a few people at meet ups etc. It's funny how quickly people can bond over things they have in common...like M ownership...people I'd normally not talk to...it's like when I got a dog...I talk to all sorts of weirdos at the dog park. Not saying M owners are weirdos...hehe My wife refers to everyone as my gay car friends...and gay car meetups...which they could be mistaken for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
This thread describes me perfectly.. I started in e90post right around when BMS released the JB4 and meth was new; awesome wealth of info and I had a "good" excuse to come here daily. I then found myself lurking m3post before I had the m3.. Now I'm pretty much done modding the M... I think lol but I still come here everyday; looking through the general section, then galleryyy, regional for local deals on things I won't even buy, then wheels/tires to see if any new wheels are out. I dunno I still enjoy it even tho there really is no groundbreaking information to discover about the e9x anymore.
Considering you've got a 2013...you've modded up quick! But it's true...I will check for sale forums just to see what 'market value' on certain items are...like BBS LM-Rs for example...which I'm never going to purchase lol
[08 e90 M3. Jet Black/Black. Dinan Rear Exhaust. ACM Test Pipes. ESS Tune. Eibach Pro-Kit + e36 bumpstops. 18x10 Apex Arc-8. AA Air Filter. RPI Scoops. CREE Angel Eyes. OEM Blacklines. Black Reflectors. Gloss Black Grills. Matte Black Gills. ZCP Shift Knob]
Appreciate 0