BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

What will happen if...

I will install the whole exhaust system (Supersprint) with two cats (instead of factory four) with stock ecu managment system? Will everything be ok (no checks, steady work)? or i will have to reflash it with some aftermarket ecu upgrade?

Secound question - same situation, but the exhaust system now without cats at all (Supersprint can provide with catless system)?

Iam sure, most of you here, installed full, headers back systems, any problems, remarks?

Example: On some subaru's(EDM) it is needed to reflash stock ecu to get rid of check engine fault sign, slightly change boost presure setings (decrease boost) for the engine to work properly, on some(JDM) it is not.

In "two words" - will i have to alter software in order it to work properly with new hardware? Or it wont be needed?
      12-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Well, only way to find out is to do it and see. lol!
      12-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysv View Post
I will install the whole exhaust system (Supersprint) with two cats (instead of factory four) with stock ecu managment system? Will everything be ok (no checks, steady work)? or i will have to reflash it with some aftermarket ecu upgrade?
You'll be fine

Secound question - same situation, but the exhaust system now without cats at all (Supersprint can provide with catless system)?
you'll get a CEL...need to flash the ECU for catless or install O2simulators

Example: On some subaru's(EDM) it is needed to reflash stock ecu to get rid of check engine fault sign, slightly change boost presure setings (decrease boost) for the engine to work properly, on some(JDM) it is not.
unfortunately, Trey Cobb doesn't have an Accessport for us, so mail-in-tune or a tuner near you will need to be done for the more enterprising mods.

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0