BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #23
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Shitty-ish area actually. Railroads tracks on the left, people living behind those, fast food on the right to kill them all.
It's not that bad...
You guys are such elitists. Whats wrong with Denny's,Taco Bell? Hahaha
Some of the nicest people i ve ever met were dirt poor.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #24
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
It's not that bad...
You guys are such elitists. Whats wrong with Denny's,Taco Bell? Hahaha
Some of the nicest people i ve ever met were dirt poor.
Come on dude. I've been poor if you want to know...lived in a situation where we couldn't even afford a telephone, didn't get enough food, etc. So please don't come in here and preach to me.

It was a joke. But it isn't a joke - if you think that fast food doesn't kill poor people, you are kidding yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #25
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Come on dude. I've been poor if you want to know...lived in a situation where we couldn't even afford a telephone, didn't get enough food, etc. So please don't come in here and preach to me.

It was a joke. But it isn't a joke - if you think that fast food doesn't kill poor people, you are kidding yourself.
It's not so much waht you eat but how much you eat,exercise etc.
anyway hsve a great night!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #26
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's true to an extent. Although you can look good on the outside and be killing yourself on the inside.

You too!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #27
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

I'm not sure which is more dangerous, the guy with a giant tree hanging out of his trunk or the guy taking a picture of it while driving on a 4 lanes roads with no dividers.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #28
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
New way of re-bading your ride "Look I'm a Tree"

I do this once a year with my Christmas Tree, mind you I have a small tree and with the backseat down I manage to stick the tree in all the way and close the trunk

The part I hate is cleaning up the needles after. Going to solve that this coming December I'll get a big white plastic bag

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
I believe it is a combo, of course eating tons of fatty organic food will make you unhealthy, but fast food is horrible. Any non organic bread product in this country is coated with a preservative that is also a carcinogen, it is actually banned in europe. We continue to use it because it is cost effective. Cows recieve something known as the "six pack," a combo of hormones and steroids which make them grow a third quicker. These steroids and hormones are passed on to you. When organic beef is examined in a lab, the omega complex is actually different. All mcdonalds chicken is mechanically seperated and starts out as chicken paste, even the beak gets ground up becausew the machines don't work right. The paste is then formed into nuggets, strips, etc. the meats has so many pathogens in it because of this process it iis then soaked in ammonia to kill everything and spiced toncover up the taste. They do something similar with ground beef, they use the runoff and guts in the salughter house to make something called pink slime, you think its 100 percent meat but it isnt. Even most supermarket ground beef is like this. You can google any of this and truly be grossewd out. I could go on.. Fast food = bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post

I do this once a year with my Christmas Tree, mind you I have a small tree and with the backseat down I manage to stick the tree in all the way and close the trunk

The part I hate is cleaning up the needles after. Going to solve that this coming December I'll get a big white plastic bag
Hahaha Mtree
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
I'm not sure which is more dangerous, the guy with a giant tree hanging out of his trunk or the guy taking a picture of it while driving on a 4 lanes roads with no dividers.
LOL! You can't hold up an iphone and take a picture while driving 20mph?

...and almost none of the roads have dividers here. Gotta be a man to drive in the burgh...head to head at 80-100mph with no divider on rt 28 as an example. Deaths every year.

Last edited by Singletrack; 03-16-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #32
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post

Hahahah - yah, I'm too anal with the m3 to do that.

This guy was causing a serious issue...the traffic usually flows at 45 or so on that road and everyone was slowing down to avoid him...leaves falling off the back, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #33
ksflatlander
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanE92 View Post
I believe it is a combo, of course eating tons of fatty organic food will make you unhealthy, but fast food is horrible. Any non organic bread product in this country is coated with a preservative that is also a carcinogen, it is actually banned in europe. We continue to use it because it is cost effective. Cows recieve something known as the "six pack," a combo of hormones and steroids which make them grow a third quicker. These steroids and hormones are passed on to you. When organic beef is examined in a lab, the omega complex is actually different. All mcdonalds chicken is mechanically seperated and starts out as chicken paste, even the beak gets ground up becausew the machines don't work right. The paste is then formed into nuggets, strips, etc. the meats has so many pathogens in it because of this process it iis then soaked in ammonia to kill everything and spiced toncover up the taste. They do something similar with ground beef, they use the runoff and guts in the salughter house to make something called pink slime, you think its 100 percent meat but it isnt. Even most supermarket ground beef is like this. You can google any of this and truly be grossewd out. I could go on.. Fast food = bad.
Sad, but very true. Food is big business and it's all about profit, not nutrition.

I was at my son's ballgame a few years back and there is this one dad that always came, sat with all the rest of us dads and hardly ever spoke a word. We got in this discussion about food and McDonalds came up and one of the guys said, "that stuff shouldn't even be called food." Then this guy that never says anything actually contributed to the conversation and with a monotone voice never taking his eyes off the game, just simply stated, "It'll make a turd."

I about fell of the back of the bleachers! I suppose you had to be there, but the point is, he is right. Your body has to go to all the work to process that junk, get no nutrition out of it, fight the chemicals that are in it, and "make a turd." You're better of going hungry.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanE92 View Post
Yup.

Speaking of food that will kill you and hormones - true story.

When I live in Puerto Rico in the late 80s, and over like a 5 year period, all these young boys in the projects by my house started getting "bitch tits". Reason? Cheap ass chicken pumped (Pollo Picu IIRC) with hormones made their bodies freak out! Absolutely disgusting...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #35
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yup.

Speaking of food that will kill you and hormones - true story.

When I live in Puerto Rico in the late 80s, and over like a 5 year period, all these young boys in the projects by my house started getting "bitch tits". Reason? Cheap ass chicken pumped (Pollo Picu IIRC) with hormones made their bodies freak out! Absolutely disgusting...
They re getting bitch tits bc they devoured too much chicken....
Even when you include people that are obese,we re living longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.

For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #36
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

LOL, dont' drive near Club ZOO
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They re getting bitch tits bc they devoured too much chicken....
No, that is not what happened. They got gynecomastia from the hormones, not bitch tits from being fat.

Quote:
Even when you include people that are obese,we re living longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.

For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.
Calorie counting works - of course it does, and I do it sometimes too and am still able to stay "looking good". But I have no delusions about what it is doing to my liver, pancreas, heart, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
...such as people with the IQ of a tree.

It's inappropriate to compare this person's IQ to a tree. What do you have against trees anyway? I suspect that they are smarter than that driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #39
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No, that is not what happened. They got gynecomastia from the hormones, not bitch tits from being fat.

Calorie counting works - of course it does, and I do it sometimes too and am still able to stay "looking good". But I have no delusions about what it is doing to my liver, pancreas, heart, etc...
You have to eat buckets and buckets of chicken to have a significant level of hormones in your body.
Japanese kids are exposed to the same sugary cereals,soft drinks,us meat and poultry etc. Yet you dont see the same level of child obesity.
kids get fat from eating too much then some blame it on the food bein too nutritious.
Appreciate 0