BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

11-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Detailers you would Recommend in N Dallas and Clear Bra Installer

Hey guys,

I expect my baby in three more weeks after driving her in Europe. I would like to pay for someone to make her look beautiful and install a clear bra.

Any help would be really appreciated since I am new at having someone detail my car and I don't want to screw up my new car by doing it myself.

Thanks.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

First and foremost; congrat's on the new ride. There's a lot to learn with proper car care, but learning will certainly make her look much better for much longer, which means you'll likely enjoy her longer than most.

You live in a HUGE state, so it's hard to tell you exactly where to go, but I think you're best off contacting ScottWax and seeing what he has to say. He's been making cars look better-than-new and fixing cheapo detailing jobs for much longer than most, and I believe he's in the greater Dallas area. If he is, he'll also likely know where to get paint protection film installed.

If I'm incorrect with where scottwax is, let me know and I'll give you a couple of other names. You guys have quite a few good detailers in your state, so it's just a matter of locating one close to you.

Start reading the stickies and learning about the two-bucket method, etc and congrat's again
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
artifice
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I think if you go back through the southwest forums, a few were mentioned. Driving from mckinney to anywhere a clear bra is a good idea. Texas sucks for rock chips / road debris.
And.... Our daily beater, twinky truck .
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
First and foremost; congrat's on the new ride. There's a lot to learn with proper car care, but learning will certainly make her look much better for much longer, which means you'll likely enjoy her longer than most.

You live in a HUGE state, so it's hard to tell you exactly where to go, but I think you're best off contacting ScottWax and seeing what he has to say. He's been making cars look better-than-new and fixing cheapo detailing jobs for much longer than most, and I believe he's in the greater Dallas area. If he is, he'll also likely know where to get paint protection film installed.

If I'm incorrect with where scottwax is, let me know and I'll give you a couple of other names. You guys have quite a few good detailers in your state, so it's just a matter of locating one close to you.

Start reading the stickies and learning about the two-bucket method, etc and congrat's again
Thanks man. I try and do a google search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I think if you go back through the southwest forums, a few were mentioned. Driving from mckinney to anywhere a clear bra is a good idea. Texas sucks for rock chips / road debris.
Looked at the forum and did not find anything. I did that before posting.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0