BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

06-12-2016, 02:58 AM   #45
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
This whole thread wreaks of cognitive dissonance. It's funny how he's arguing with a guy (squartus) that has the headers installed and is giving a first hand opinion. Gee, what would he know..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 08:23 AM   #46
m3london
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 zcp coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
This whole thread wreaks of cognitive dissonance. It's funny how he's arguing with a guy (squartus) that has the headers installed and is giving a first hand opinion. Gee, what would he know..
I was one of the first cars to get the headers installed so yes I know how the headers perform, and I've had them on my car a lot longer than anyone else on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 08:27 AM   #47
m3london
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Guys just remember the old adage. "You can lead a horse to water, but you will never make him drink".😀
If the horse knows the waters toxic, he'll watch the ones that brought him to the stream take the first sip instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #48
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

I have had them installed for nearly a year. Bought them direct, paid $600 for install at a local shop. I posted dynos proving they yielded gains throughout the rpm band (I am supercharged). nothing squartus says makes any sense, $1400 for install, ya right. Where is his dyno and data proving he had little to no gains?? Also mentioned he bought them from someone on here second hand. No one sold the headers second hand other than my good friend m33too and I dont believe the sale was to squartus
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #49
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4 View Post
I have had them installed for nearly a year. Bought them direct, paid $600 for install at a local shop. I posted dynos proving they yielded gains throughout the rpm band (I am supercharged). nothing squartus says makes any sense, $1400 for install, ya right. Where is his dyno and data proving he had little to no gains?? Also mentioned he bought them from someone on here second hand. No one sold the headers second hand other than my good friend m33too and I dont believe the sale was to squartus
More misinformation, must of taken a que out of ARH's book. Here is the post where I bought the headers, I even have pics of them on my car "prob the only white ceramic coated ARH headers around"

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...aders+for+sale

Before calling me a liar you might want to get your facts straight, and yes install was 1400. On a true calibrated heart breaker dynojet headers did not add much at all, no cats vs no cats. I got no bone to pick in this fight, I fully expected to gain more since im SC "already knew nothing to be had NA".
If I wanted to simply bash someone I would not of spent 3k on headers and 1400 for install to do so.
Even top tuners for the SC said would not change tune as headers did not do much, I know because I called around and asked thinking perhaps that was the failure point.
Now looks like Ill be stroking/low compression pistions here in the next following weeks. Not sure if ill raise the boost or not, is my daily driver. If I did I should see gains then.

Here is pic when I had them installed, are scuffed up now from the lack of ground clearance though.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #50
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have data to back my claims, you don't.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #51
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I have data to back my claims, you don't.
Actually no you dont, neither does anyone else. Which was the issue from the get go. Only true dyno iv seen with true catless vs catless before and after that showed actually gains "more than 10hp" was on a car doing over 700 hp already and runing ton of boost "been over this as well"

I only have the print from the last dyno, "actual dynojet" not from the previous as was a few months apart. But bottom line is Iv seen the numbers in person, its on my car has been for around a year now. Im supercharged, iv also talked to others with the exact headers who are also supercharged and im not the only one with regrets "will not name names as vendors do not like to take sides and dont blame them"

Im man enouf to admit that I spent a fair sum of cash, it was a mistake and im simply answering someones question. Not quite sure what your issue is or why so gung ho for ARH but you have already flat out lied once, said was only 1 sold here then accused me of lying and not even having the headers.
That in itself speaks volumes to me.

Always excited about new products, just not all turn out to actually do as advertised. Now I got to go load my car up on trailer and get her back in the shop for some open engine surgery, hopefully this turns out with a more happy ending.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #52
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
Lots of people have made them but never went into production because there wasnt enough gains...arh make 5-7hp on an na motor that was on an engine dyno
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
Engine dyno doesn't lie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3london View Post
So who had pulled their motor out to be engine dynoed with ARH headers on?
Dinan did.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...n#post19844897
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #53
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
Actually no you dont, neither does anyone else. Which was the issue from the get go. Only true dyno iv seen with true catless vs catless before and after that showed actually gains "more than 10hp" was on a car doing over 700 hp already and runing ton of boost "been over this as well"

I only have the print from the last dyno, "actual dynojet" not from the previous as was a few months apart. But bottom line is Iv seen the numbers in person, its on my car has been for around a year now. Im supercharged, iv also talked to others with the exact headers who are also supercharged and im not the only one with regrets "will not name names as vendors do not like to take sides and dont blame them"

Im man enouf to admit that I spent a fair sum of cash, it was a mistake and im simply answering someones question. Not quite sure what your issue is or why so gung ho for ARH but you have already flat out lied once, said was only 1 sold here then accused me of lying and not even having the headers.
That in itself speaks volumes to me.

Always excited about new products, just not all turn out to actually do as advertised. Now I got to go load my car up on trailer and get her back in the shop for some open engine surgery, hopefully this turns out with a more happy ending.
Hmm guess I was delusional the day I took my car to get dynoed pre header install (100% catless xpipe by EAS at the time) and SAME day dynoed with the headers showing it made gains through the power range. See unlike you, I don't make crap up, I also have hard data. Anyone with a mouth as wide as yours complaining about a product would have evidence to back their claim including run time files to post; some it seems like conjecture
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #54
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mstvpxs View Post
Hey all,

As the title says, I'm wondering if high flow racing headers (preferably non-ceramic) are worth the cost, and will show noticeable results. I'm hesitant on removing the headers completely and go with a test pipe because of the stringent smog laws in California.

Will it change the tone of the exhaust (by making it more raspy?), or just increase the flow and thereby increase the volume of the sound?

If high flow racing headers are the way to go, which brand do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
based on the way your post is structured, you're not quite sure what comes on the car and what is california smog legal. on our cars, it goes; headers, x-pipe, rear section muffler. the x-pipe contains four catalysts and one set of two sensors after the primary catalysts. there are no aftermarket headers that replace the m3's headers without replacing the xpipe as well. american racing headers sells a kit with headers and an xpipe.
the results have been debated on this forum quite extensively and you'll have to do some reading to decide for yourself.

you can not get rid of your primary catalysts and stay california legal. there is not a california legal supercharger on the market right now. the only california legal stroker is the dinan kit, but i'm not 100% sure there aren't others.
      06-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #55
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Hmm guess I was delusional the day I took my car to get dynoed pre header install (100% catless xpipe by EAS at the time) and SAME day dynoed with the headers showing it made gains through the power range. See unlike you, I don't make crap up, I also have hard data. Anyone with a mouth as wide as yours complaining about a product would have evidence to back their claim including run time files to post; some it seems like conjecture
All you have done is made crap up, iv already proved you a liar once or atleast a gossip. I have no reason to lie, the hp gain was actually 13 Peak HP for me thats it.
Said I did not buy them, was a lie, said only 1 sold on forum even though a quick search would of shown you that was not the case So another lie. Iv seen no before and after dyno jet from the exact same dyno from you either.
I know im honest, I know what results iv had and others. This is not some mystery, is a good reason nick was banned.

Anyway im done beating a dead horse, I got bigger issues to worry about like this freaking engine that just chewed up a new set of bearings in 30k

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #56
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
All you have done is made crap up, iv already proved you a liar once or atleast a gossip. I have no reason to lie, the hp gain was actually 13 Peak HP for me thats it.
Said I did not buy them, was a lie, said only 1 sold on forum even though a quick search would of shown you that was not the case So another lie. Iv seen no before and after dyno jet from the exact same dyno from you either.
I know im honest, I know what results iv had and others. This is not some mystery, is a good reason nick was banned.

Anyway im done beating a dead horse, I got bigger issues to worry about like this freaking engine that just chewed up a new set of bearings in 30k
Sucks man.

I think I got my wheel vibration mystery solved. I think it's my OE strut hat(s).
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #57
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
Sucks man.

I think I got my wheel vibration mystery solved. I think it's my OE strut hat(s).
OH YEA, iv totally forgotten about the wheel vibration. Something ill have shop fix since well its in the shop lol. Let me know if strut had is what it turns out to be.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #58
///Mstvpxs
你爸爸
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dinan E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mstvpxs View Post
Hey all,

As the title says, I'm wondering if high flow racing headers (preferably non-ceramic) are worth the cost, and will show noticeable results. I'm hesitant on removing the headers completely and go with a test pipe because of the stringent smog laws in California.

Will it change the tone of the exhaust (by making it more raspy?), or just increase the flow and thereby increase the volume of the sound?

If high flow racing headers are the way to go, which brand do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
based on the way your post is structured, you're not quite sure what comes on the car and what is california smog legal. on our cars, it goes; headers, x-pipe, rear section muffler. the x-pipe contains four catalysts and one set of two sensors after the primary catalysts. there are no aftermarket headers that replace the m3's headers without replacing the xpipe as well. american racing headers sells a kit with headers and an xpipe.
the results have been debated on this forum quite extensively and you'll have to do some reading to decide for yourself.

you can not get rid of your primary catalysts and stay california legal. there is not a california legal supercharger on the market right now. the only california legal stroker is the dinan kit, but i'm not 100% sure there aren't others.
Thanks for your post roastbeef, it was very informative and objective.

From browsing the forum, it seems to me that the best investment on these cars is track experience, rather than flashy mods. I think I'll pocket the couple grand and apply it to learning how to drive an already capable machine! And for tires/brake pads of course...

2011 Dinan FBO SSII E92 M3
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #59
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Haha I'm the liar? How so? I didn't post anything you so called caught me in a lie. I called you out for not posting data. I did a bunch of times. Oh and how you say no gains to 13 HP now, which is it? Btw peak isn't only what one should look at, area under the curve is important, but again you don't have data; I do:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1138263

YOU once again are the one with NO data and as such calling people liars. Run away now.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #60
m3london
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3london View Post
Unfortunately this argument can last longer than a debate over Trump vs Clinton vs Sanders. But no matter what you decide to do, or not do has to be your decision since it is your money. I would say look at some of the other exhaust threads on this forum and contact other members who have headers installed on their e9x and see what the consensus feedback is.
Quote:
Haha I'm the liar? How so? I didn't post anything you so called caught me in a lie. I called you out for not posting data. I did a bunch of times. Oh and how you say no gains to 13 HP now, which is it? Btw peak isn't only what one should look at, area under the curve is important, but again you don't have data; I do:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1138263

YOU once again are the one with NO data and as such calling people liars. Run away now.
Unfortunately as you can see the bullshit never ends with this debate especially with arguments that they don't make power, clearance and then emissions issues etc. I still the fact this one of these forum geniuses can't understand the simple concept that ARH headers are unequal length headers compared to bimmian's equal length design so yes you are sacrificing potential maximum peak performance but there is a significant gain in horsepower and torque across the entire power band.
Appreciate 0