BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #23
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep View Post
Yeah im really sorry to burst your bubble (i really am) but they werent telling the whole truth about the winnowing of potential candidates. Most likely there were quite a lot of people initially interested (what college aged kid would ignore a sign advertising a $20/hour job?) and then they realized what it was and just never responded to the interview requests. So yes, you did make it to the 2nd interview, and yes you did get chosen, but most likely so did the other people who wanted to continue.

The job is pretty much a dud. Everyone starts out thinking they're going to be the one who shows everyone how good they are, theyre gonna go door to door and sell $50,000. Blah blah blah, you know the rest of the depressing story. My brother did the same exact thing, he thought he was going to do amazing. He sold knives to my parents and my aunt, and then hit a dead end. None of the neighbors would do it, none of the friends either.

You will make more money and have a more steady income if you just got a part-time job working at a typical teenager spot like a Supermarket.

If you decide to continue working with Cutco or Vector, I do wish you success. I hope you will be the one who proves that some people really can do it. Good luck, you're gonna need it.
I did work at a supermarket for 2 years.
Btw just to let you know. No cold calling no door to door. All clients are set up through the company. Just housecalls!

Hopefully I can make this work. Will keep everyone updates

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #24
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
I did work at a supermarket for 2 years.
Btw just to let you know. No cold calling no door to door. All clients are set up through the company. Just housecalls!

Hopefully I can make this work. Will keep everyone updates
Well, which company is it? I'm sure interested to hear.

Just be ready to be frustrated when you get 1 out of every 150 people called that wants a demonstration. It WILL happen. From what you described, you will more or less be serving as a telemarketer (until you finally land a demonstration).
      06-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

i made decent money in school, mowing lawns, landscaping for people, doing odd jobs, moving furniture for people who are relocating. Working as a sternman on one of my friends lobster boats was by far the most lucrative and fun job.(done by 1pm and always took home >200/day)

Goodluck with the sales job.
      06-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #26
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

But it doesn't even make sense, who in their right mind is going to let a kid in their house with a bunch of knives?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Congrats man. Let us know how it goes. I tried VECTOR once. I remember being hired as "the most promising candidate" out of 20 people being interviewed. Basically your gonna get the job, because they want as many people as possible out on the street / to make calls. Once I learned it was door to door, I was all set. And I went into Landscaing / contruction / tree work. Because the pay was alot better!

I never want people to buy from me because they "feel bad." (As the above article implied) The other side of the coin is that maybe you will find that you like it, and you enjoy the face to face interaction - and can be an honest and knowledgable salesman. good luck!

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Congrats man. Let us know how it goes. I tried VECTOR once. I remember being hired as "the most promising candidate" out of 20 people being interviewed. Basically your gonna get the job, because they want as many people as possible out on the street / to make calls. Once I learned it was door to door, I was all set. And I went into Landscaing / contruction / tree work. Because the pay was alot better!

I never want people to buy from me because they "feel bad." (As the above article implied) The other side of the coin is that maybe you will find that you like it, and you enjoy the face to face interaction - and can be an honest and knowledgable salesman. good luck!
But, it isn't door to door and there is no cold calling.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Which company is it?
      06-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

yea..i passed on this a few years ago

glad i did
      06-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #31
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

honestly it doesn't sound promising you maybe able to fool some old lady but your probably not going to make a lot of money or decent. My personal suggestion is to get a real job (i.e.) gas station/ supermarket/ retail store somewhere your guarantee a paycheck every week
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #32
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
So how do you make sales?

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #33
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
So how do you make sales?
i assume they give him a list of customers but in reality they are really random people lol
Appreciate 0