BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: Did the kid at the Phillies game deserve to be tazed
Yes 72 76.60%
No 22 23.40%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

05-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #45
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
The guy in the phillies game I don't think so.
To be honest it's kinda scary cause my friend is 22 and he has a pacemaker from a major accident he had, and he's one to have a few drinks from time to time.

So it's scary to think that he could get drunk & tazered one day and it could be pretty dangerous........
Yeah well I wouldn't feel an ounce of sympathy if your friend, knowing his condition, knowingly exposed himself to an increase in the probability he'd be tazed, just like the subject in this thread.

Should that situation ever arise, it would be filed under the "shit happens; should have known better" tab.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #46
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
If your friend with a pacemaker is stupid enough to get drunk enough to put himself in situations to get tazed anf fuck up his heart then man, idk, Darwin wouldn't approve of me applying his science here but I find it hard not to
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #47
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
I am interested in what people here think. My opinion, he did not deserve it. He shouldn't have been on the field, but just run the guy down and tackle him. Just because you're a fatass does not give you the right to taze someone who has caused no physical harm and is not a physical threat to anyone.
Oh yea he definately deserved it.

Also that security does not deserved to be called a fatass just because he's slow.

And no, he didn't cause and physical harm, but 30,000+ visitors at the game wasted their time because of his stupid retardness, let alone players losing their concentrations.

Any ignorant retard in public totally deserves to be tazed for other's rights.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #48
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Everybody deserves to be tazed
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #49
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
this new tazing everything for any reason fad is getting old.

how did baseball security deal with shit before? this is the first time I hear them taze a guy.
for all the people who are saying he is a pussy for not taking the tazer like a man and the cop shouldn't have to hurt himself by tackling him.
Well, let the cop a) learn to tackle, and b) not be a pussy in tackling him

I don't see why it was ok for them to tackle in the past but not anymore
      05-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #50
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
this new tazing everything for any reason fad is getting old.

how did baseball security deal with shit before? this is the first time I hear them taze a guy.
for all the people who are saying he is a pussy for not taking the tazer like a man and the cop shouldn't have to hurt himself by tackling him.
Well, let the cop a) learn to tackle, and b) not be a pussy in tackling him

I don't see why it was ok for them to tackle in the past but not anymore
So it's ok to evade arrest for a crime so long as you are just slightly faster than the cop? Look at the size of the cop... if he connected and leveled that 140lb kid he would have caused more damage than tazing him. Had he tackled him and broke his wrist then they would be whining that he should have been tazed. If you're going to commit a crime you should be prepared for the consequences. It's not like the cop shot him with his gun. In another decade a cop would have clocked him with his billy club.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #51
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
Imagine what would have happened to the gentlemen who ran on the field and congratulated Henry Aaron. Also why is the actual tazing being questioned. Has the child's family tried to sue?
I have heard his remarks about that. He said he was actually concerned and couldn't get his foot on home plate fast enough and get off the field.
      05-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #52
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
So it's ok to evade arrest for a crime so long as you are just slightly faster than the cop? Look at the size of the cop... if he connected and leveled that 140lb kid he would have caused more damage than tazing him. Had he tackled him and broke his wrist then they would be whining that he should have been tazed. If you're going to commit a crime you should be prepared for the consequences. It's not like the cop shot him with his gun. In another decade a cop would have clocked him with his billy club.
oh please, it is a victimless crime.. the guy is a douche bag and he is gonna get an overnight in jail.. that's pretty much it. There was no way he would have gotten away.
it isn't like he was running to try and kill someone.
cops should be in shape. that fat ass's job requires him to be in shape in case shit like this happens.
and we've moved forward from such decades where he would have been clubbed. I guess instead of moving away from neanderthal behaviours, we just replace the weapons with something much more dangerous. If tazers were so harmless, then they wouldn't be illegal. What if the guy had a pacemaker like someone mentioned earlier? It is a stupid weapon to have on worthless rent-a-cops.

I'd rather get tackled than tazed.
      05-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #53
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Quote:
It's not like he murdered or raped someone. And where exactly was he going to go to get away? By the way another Phillies fan did it last night. So much for the tazer 'teaching a lesson'
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #54
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #55
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
It's not like he murdered or raped someone. And where exactly was he going to go to get away? By the way another Phillies fan did it last night. So much for the tazer 'teaching a lesson'
He was probably trying to bait the cops to get in on the sweet lawsuit you get in this country which is usually awarded after you've been reasonably punished for being a jackass.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #56
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I guess they should just let people have their fun and run around on the field while delaying a game that tens of thousands of people are paying good money to attend. Just let them get tuckered out... we'll all wait for them to have their fun and when they do finish we will resume the game until some other person decides that they want their moment in the sun.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #57
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If someone did it again then they are nothing short of a moron. Especially if it was an adult.

Do they have non-alcoholic beer in that stadium?
      05-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #58
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
You guys are ridiculous. This is a definition of why a tazer is used. "Tasers were introduced as less-lethal weapons to be used by police to subdue fleeing, belligerent, or potentially dangerous subjects..." I believe that he was fleeing, he was belligerent and he could have been potentially dangerous. It fits perfectly, so why not use it. There is no way to justify why it was "right" to not tazer him. He deserved every bit of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #59
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So much for no harm no foul. I hope he is getting the ass chewing of his life today.

One day after a teenager was downed by a Taser when running onto the field at Citizen Bank Park, another fan run onto the field Tuesday night in Philadelphia.

This time, security did not use a Taser to apprehend the man, and he gave himself up without incident.

The man hopped over the left-field fence in the ninth inning and ran along the warning track waving his arms. The sellout crowd booed before he was taken away.

But the damage was already done. He ruined Phillies starter Cole Hamels' concentration. He was pitching a shutout in the ninth, and never retired another batter. The Phillies wound up winning, 2-1, over St. Louis in 10 innings.

"That was tired, that was bad,'' Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright said. "You know what, the Phillies' fans should be mad at that guy because he might've gotten in the way of Cole's mojo he had going. That's terrible timing. And if you don't want to get Tased, don't go on the field. There's absolutely nothing wrong with getting Tased if you're on the field."
      05-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #60
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

If i was hamels i would of grabbed the tazer from the officer and shot his ass again, he has quotas just like real life workers(to win games) and he ruined that for hamels and almost ruined it for the whole team, dbag
      05-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #61
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
He was probably trying to bait the cops to get in on the sweet lawsuit you get in this country which is usually awarded after you've been reasonably punished for being a jackass.
If you are talking about the kid, he isn't suing anyone. The guy last night gave up the second he saw cops to avoid being tazed. No lawsuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
If someone did it again then they are nothing short of a moron. Especially if it was an adult.

Do they have non-alcoholic beer in that stadium?
I don't disagree with the fact that they are fucking morons. I never did at any point.

Quote:
I guess they should just let people have their fun and run around on the field while delaying a game that tens of thousands of people are paying good money to attend. Just let them get tuckered out... we'll all wait for them to have their fun and when they do finish we will resume the game until some other person decides that they want their moment in the sun.
I am just wondering why, when people get on the field of play fairly commonly in high level sports, this is the first time someone was tazed. If catching and tackling someone was good enough for years, including when tazers were around, why isn't it anymore. I agree that someone is far more likely to be hurt being tackled. However, to me, a tazer is a weapon. That is next level. As for "resisting arrest" the kid was running in circles, not shoving cops or showing any intention of violence. I didn't start this thread to cause arguments. It is an opinion. There is no right or wrong here. I definitely didn't intend on this going the political direction. I was just interested in what other people thought.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #62
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Just a thought. Being what just happened up the road with the wanna be bomber, I would think cops nerves are a bit on edge right now.
      05-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #63
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Yes. Fuck him. Tackling him is not required, and there is zero reason why any officer should have to risk the injury of simply hitting the dirt, let alone getting in that close to someone who you do NOT know his intentions or if he's armed/crazy/stinky.

Show me someone who has been tazed sitting quietly posting on M3post, or any other time without breaking some law, or at the very least being in the very wrong place at the very wrong time and acting the fool.

It's the old pay-to-play model. You want to act like an idiot, you run this risk. If that bothers you then sit down and shut the hell up.

Idiot(s).
      05-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #64
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Hell yea he deserved to get lit up, and anyone else doing that same thing does too.

In this day and age we have no idea what the person(s) jumping on field are planning on doing. Acting stupid just to be on the field or to cause trouble.

Remember Monica Seles being stabbed? A number of coaches have been attached by fans. They were citing all of these on sports talk yesterday, including Rome. And as all the cops that called in said, it's the least dangerous for everyone to use the tazer. Here's why:

-the batton - think of that damage
-tackling - they wrestle around the suspect could potentially grab cops weapons
-pepper spray - could easily get players/fans as it floats through the air

If you have no true information about tazers, talk to the cops. I have a lot of LE friends and they've all been tazed for training purposes. The likely hood of death is so incredibly small.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #65
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
To be honest it's kinda scary cause my friend is 22 and he has a pacemaker from a major accident he had, and he's one to have a few drinks from time to time.
So it's scary to think that he could get drunk & tazered one day and it could be pretty dangerous........
See? This is just the kind of BS presumption that leads to perp-pity (not singling you out joez).

Nobody is getting tazed for having a drink. Or several. Or sitting in a bar.

Drunk and disorderly, or running wild on a field/road/whatever? Yep. If you have a pacemaker, you should probably avoid that. If drinking makes that impossible, then don't......

Good luck to your friend!
      05-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #66
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Just a thought. Being what just happened up the road with the wanna be bomber, I would think cops nerves are a bit on edge right now.
Good point. But any bomber worth his ass would stay in his seat. Higher death toll than middle of field.
Appreciate 0