BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

06-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #67
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Some of you should have bought the c63 if all you care about hp figures
      06-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #68
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Nice,I like it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #69
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

The power will probably feel and perform better than a typical 552 hp engine. Are you guys expecting a 735 hp M5 by 2025? HP doesn't need to keep going up to create performance. That's an incompetent engineer's way to compensate for not being able to create an efficiently quick car.

I hope BMW's M division spends a lot more R&D funds on exploring composites and new technologies that lower weight without sacrificing safety.
It's not like they couldn't make this car put out 700 hp today. I'm sure cheeseburgermotorsports/swishnu/cobbsaladtuning will all create a tune that will sufficiently boost power to peak at 700 hp before the twin scrolls explode. Should be interesting.

I'm not mad at the styling aside from the fact that the front bumper lines don't work harmoniously with the rest of the body.
I like the rear just fine, but dislike the rear reflector, however I'm sure they were raised only so they don't interfere or steal away visual attention from the valence and exhaust tips.
Also, they should have given this car a set of beefy split ten spokes to keep with the M theme. I don't believe the split fives have enough heft or stature to standup against or "support" the heavier visual cues of the car.

I actually like that this car is subdued, as I dislike flashy cars.
I would bet money today that after the F10 M5 is retired, it will have aged more graciously than the overly sculpted and gauche performance sedans that are flooding the market today, namely those from two certain manufacturers in Stuttgart.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #70
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
It is funny how the M drivers react to this M5 as oppose to other ordinary BMW drivers. In the other thread, all the "320" drivers are praising how amazing is this. I guess because all of them dream to have a M car and don't know what is the history / feel / requirements for M cars.

I wasn't impressed with the looks of it as well. and for performance, I guess we have to wait and see.
hello, i'm a 320i driver that dreams of an M car (M3 actually).. being my dream car i probably know more history and the "requirements" of an M car.. never driven one to know the feel that is true..
i wasnt happy with the move from a NA to an FI engine but i trust the M division and i will wait for reviews..
looks wise time has shown that m5's unlike M3's dont differ much from regular 5 series..
power wise, sinse you are an m3 driver, and you know all about how an M car is supposed to be and you are much better than "ordinary BMW driver" you should know that M cars are not all about BHP..
sorry about the long post.. i just felt offended.. we are all BMW drivers..