BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #23
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by roller84 View Post
I have raced all 3 911 S Variant's: the cabriolet, the 911 S, the 911 4S. Same result, I pulled nicely on all of them. Oddly enough, the faster we were the harder I pulled.
Nice!!! Thanks. I'm itching to run with a Porsche 911 S or 4S, but most of the guys who drive them around here are rather conservative docs and such who don't really like having too much fun with them!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
Makes me wonder how the M3 would compare.

hey side topic, your car is friggin killer dude. VERY nice
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #25
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB Nevada View Post
lol sure it would
I guess you have run against a PROcede 335i, have you? You'll know when you do.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
sflgator
Major General
Rep

FYI -- another PROcede 335i kill on a Porsche Carrera S (like I said before )...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76199

That's for KenB and BOB Nevada.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #27
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Procede rules
What's even funnier is when a PROcede 335i that goes into limp mode (didn't reach the boost target) still beats a Porsche Carrera S (even when the Porsche got a major jump at launch too)...ha ha. Anyway, PROcede v2.0 will fix the limp mode thing. Personally, my car has only gone into limp mode twice in 5 months (since having the PROcede; never when I had Shiv's old XEDE for 4 months), and both times it fixed itself a few minutes later. In addition, my car has never been over 260 degrees F; I've never had any overheating issues whatsoever, and I also live in a very warm climate year round. What's great is that a PROcede 335i walks a Porsche Carrera S...by like 5 CLs! :rocks:

Last edited by sflgator; 08-04-2007 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #28
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
Lets see... The Cayman S is a mid boxer engined car that weighs under 3k pounds, has a precise cable linked shifter, perfectly tuned suspension and steering, mono block multipiston brakes with cross drilled rotors and is probably the best handling car sold in the US aside from a Lotus or maybe a GT3.

The 335i is an overweight, runflat equipped soft suspensioned luxury car with single piston floating calipers. Again, maybe procede makes it faster in a straight line, but a mustang is fast in a straight line as well. The 335i is just never going to be the sports car the Cayman or 911 is. Just like the Cayman is never going to take four adults golfing in quiet comfort.
You sound like the Brochure, but last time I checked that Porsche had the same time on the ring as the 335i or ~1 second off so ya it's not that awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #29
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How, other then shutting down sensors or giving the computer false information?

I honestly don't car what is faster in a straight line, and somebodys video on the internet really proves very little. If I wanted a one trick pony I could get a Blown Mustang, or I could get a C6 Vette or better yet a Z06 for some serious performance on the cheap (compared to others with similar numbers).

My issue with the Procede worship is that people come to forums for information, and for many seeing something in writing makes it true with or without anything to back up statements. Procede (and the others) does not make this car into something that it is not, and it may damage the car. As I have said on other threads, the "tuner" is a component of a complete kit that doesn't exist yet.

The "tuner" puts much more stress on the engine that it has not been designed for, I for one am not satisfied with the "testing" that has been done so far. I would feel better about increasing boost if there was also something done to manage the extra heat that is being produced, intercooler, turbine outlet pipes, high flow cat, high flow exhaust, egt sensor, maybe an egt sensor that would plug into the tuner to reduce boost if thing get to hot. It would be a much more expensive kit, but if you are getting engine warnings something is not right.

When people simply say "Procede" they are not telling the whole story to someone who doesn't know the risk involved with it. So people like me pipe up to offer a counter point. I would hate to see someone who is making payments on a 50,000 dollar car blow an engine...

Your totally clueless Not 1 car has gone down to date for the Procede or any tuner.I have almost as much if not more mileage then Shiv with no problems so quit making excuses.You already know the porsche will get walked on but the best card you can find is "oh the car will just go into limp haha" Ya well I'm sure the next Porsche owner that gets owened by one will wish that.I'm not saying the 335 is better then any porsche but the carrera/Cayman S although nice aren't exactly GT3's so it retarded to act like it's undefeatable just like M owners lol..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #30
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How, other then shutting down sensors or giving the computer false information?
Have you ever spoken with Shiv? Have you ever driven a PROcede 335i? Have you ever seen or heard of a PROcede 335i with a blown engine? Do you personally have more technical knowledge of the 335i's N54 engine than Shiv? Do you really know exactly how the PROcede v1.47 and the soon to be released v2.0 works? No need to answer; I'll answer for you..."Well, NO!"

All your whining about 'how' and 'not possible' and 'if I wanted a faster straight-line car than my Porsche...' is just pathetic. From what I've seen about the 335i on the track (not 1/4 mi. drag strip) is that it beats or comes darn close to your precious Porsches. Like Jonmartin said, we are in no way putting down the Porsches (they happen to be phenomenal sports cars and most of us here think that ), but please stop coming on our BMW Forum to give us your whining b.s. Face it...a stock 335i is an excellent competitor, and the PROcede 335i is just a MONSTER competitor that can blow by a Porsche 911 Carerra S! :rocks:

Last edited by sflgator; 08-04-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #31
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
Uhm assuming your 335i doesn't go into limp mode and your brakes don't fade at the track, it's still a pig on runflats. You got a great daily driver and a nice all around car...but don't turn it into Shumacher's car either. Just my .02
I'll give credit where credit is due. You could make the argument that a porsche is more of a sports car and it is. You can also say that the brakes are more track oriented with the cross drilled rotors and 4 pistons brakes, and even more so with PCCB option.
However, I love my 335 and I do track it (road course). And with tasteful well thought mods it will give any of the porsches (except the GT3 and turbo) a good run for its money. By tasteful mods, I mean a piggyback system like TT or proceede, ATE brake fluid, higher weight engine oil, H&R rear sway bars, a slightly firmer suspension, lightweight wheels and non-RFT tires. And by the way, the stock brakes are pretty damn good (pads only last 1 to 2 track days back to back), but if you want to further reduce unsprung weight and improve caliper effiency get a BBK. And the best part is, I can load up my car with my track rims, brake bleeder kit, 2 ton aluminum jack, helmet, cooler, and drive home in comfort.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #32
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
ok i have said it before and i will say it again...

first of all, this thread and the other 335i vs CS threads doesnt say the procede 335i is a better track car (although it might be)...

it's like when someone says this restaurant is delicious you go: so what, that other restaurant has a better lounge

the vids just show how a procede 335i is faster than a CS in a straight line, and it's an amazing thing, a large luxury coupe with lower price defeating the CS...

another thing, for people who say i wont trust these vids, dudes, when ur on the street racing another guy, u wont go bring a magazine guy to race for u, it's just both of u in ur cars racing each other...

Jeez...

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #33
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

you procede fanboys are a joke, playing like the E9X is a value on any level is just plain incorrect

it doesn't matter how much HP you put in the E9X
it will never handle like a real sports car because it's portly

if you want a fast straight line car there are others that will be cheaper, faster and not go into "limp mode" because it's 90 degrees outside

straight line speed is nice, but without proper handling it's worthless

I'm sure you fans will argue that you can just spend a couple grand on springs, wheels, sways, and shocks but after doing all that suspension work and software tuning you have basically ZERO warranty left on your 50K car that's not exactly had a great rep for reliability so far.

Take your mod money, and just buy the car you want

if you want a faster car than the 335, buy one
if you want a better handling car than the 335 buy one

if you want a good compromise that's above average, but not excellent at anything then the 335 is a good purchase

maybe you all only care about drag racing or straight line speed
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #34
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdrmz View Post
I'll give credit where credit is due. You could make the argument that a porsche is more of a sports car and it is. You can also say that the brakes are more track oriented with the cross drilled rotors and 4 pistons brakes, and even more so with PCCB option.
However, I love my 335 and I do track it (road course). And with tasteful well thought mods it will give any of the porsches (except the GT3 and turbo) a good run for its money. By tasteful mods, I mean a piggyback system like TT or proceede, ATE brake fluid, higher weight engine oil, H&R rear sway bars, a slightly firmer suspension, lightweight wheels and non-RFT tires. And by the way, the stock brakes are pretty damn good (pads only last 1 to 2 track days back to back), but if you want to further reduce unsprung weight and improve caliper effiency get a BBK. And the best part is, I can load up my car with my track rims, brake bleeder kit, 2 ton aluminum jack, helmet, cooler, and drive home in comfort.
for the price of what you're doing to your car you could just buy a porsche and you'd have a warranty left
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #35
ward
Major General
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=procede+sale

seems like one or two people think the "mod" and the engine risks aren't worth it.......
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #36
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
you procede fanboys are a joke, playing like the E9X is a value on any level is just plain incorrect

it doesn't matter how much HP you put in the E9X
it will never handle like a real sports car because it's portly

if you want a fast straight line car there are others that will be cheaper, faster and not go into "limp mode" because it's 90 degrees outside

straight line speed is nice, but without proper handling it's worthless

I'm sure you fans will argue that you can just spend a couple grand on springs, wheels, sways, and shocks but after doing all that suspension work and software tuning you have basically ZERO warranty left on your 50K car that's not exactly had a great rep for reliability so far.

Take your mod money, and just buy the car you want

if you want a faster car than the 335, buy one
if you want a better handling car than the 335 buy one

if you want a good compromise that's above average, but not excellent at anything then the 335 is a good purchase

maybe you all only care about drag racing or straight line speed
Personally, I think the 335i handles quite well in stock form; maybe not as well as say a Porsche 911 CS or Turbo or an M3 or a 'Vette, but better than most. Compared to the car I came from driving (an '04 Infiniti G35), the 335i runs circles around it. In addition, 0.89g-0.91g on the skidpad for the 335i isn't too shabby, and lets not forget the recent pro races where the 335i has already placed ahead of many other supposedly better handling sports cars. btw -- Straight-line speed is talked about more only b/c most ppl don't track their cars or street race ppl around lots of curves...nobody here claims to be Mario Andretti.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #37
ward
Major General
Rep

it's true, most people around here look at the cost of a trackday and decide they'd rather take the money and glue crap to their cars
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #38
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Nice runs. Yeah, with the PROcede, the results would be the reverse.
right...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #39
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's true, most people around here look at the cost of a trackday and decide they'd rather take the money and glue crap to their cars
Don't you drive a 325i what do you know about performance? Oh wait you also have a Z4? (isn't that a hair dresser car) Well even if it is it's not a Z4 M so why talk shit? And as far as the 335i not being a "sports" car well it beat a Z4 M on a track and other more expensive "Sport" cars or at least hung with them in just stock form so why cry like a girl and get all ass hurt cause you don't have one? You keep crying about a warranty but most companies won't back a tracked car on warranty anyway so why bring that up? Not only that but having a Proceed Doesn't void your warranty no matter what anyone says and it's not dangerous unless installed wrong, I know cause I have more miles then anyone on here with a Procede probably even more then Shiv and never had any problems I go to the dealer with all my mods and I leave with no problems no one brings it up no one says anything except nice fucking car.So quit crying you just sound like your on your period.

The funny part is anyone that talks shit about the 335 especially Proceed equiped cars never drove one so why are you opening your mouth?Do you have any real judgement to back any shit talking up except that your homo for Porsche shields? Other then some of you who know your Porsches are capabable of great things you don't know what a 335 is capable unless you own one so just stfu.No one here walks around claiming Porsches are shitty cars based on looking at it so why come here and talk shit.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #40
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
right...
exactly thats right.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #41
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
for the price of what you're doing to your car you could just buy a porsche and you'd have a warranty left
I don't think so. Even after those mods, you're still well below the mark up for a new 2006 E46 M3 w/ competition package fully loaded and you out perform it. Your no where near the ball park of a 911 or even a Cayman S price wise. Believe I did the analysis, because at some point modding vs buying a different car is a waste. And for what its worth, the 335 is quite competent on the track (assuming you can drive).

I will agree with you to some degree in that there are a lot of options out there. There are cars that are faster and cheaper (definitely cheaper to mod), there are cars that are more expensive and faster, and there are cars that are more expensive and slower. People buy the car that makes them happy. And despite my suggested mods, nothing voids the warranty unless it can be proven that it caused the failure. As a matter of fact I have the dealership do all my mods. The reason is that the work is warranted (excluding the part) for 12 months 12,000 miles. Their familiar with the vehicle and are accustomed to servicing it under warranty.
As far as your comment on temps, some people have exprienced limp mode, but I am not one of them (even during track days).

Sorry for the rant. Threads like this are all in good fun, nothing to get upset over... People just need to enjoy the vehicle they have no matter what it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #42
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Don't you drive a 325i what do you know about performance? Oh wait you also have a Z4? (isn't that a hair dresser car) Well even if it is it's not a Z4 M so why talk shit? And as far as the 335i not being a "sports" car well it beat a Z4 M on a track and other more expensive "Sport" cars or at least hung with them in just stock form so why cry like a girl and get all ass hurt cause you don't have one? You keep crying about a warranty but most companies won't back a tracked car on warranty anyway so why bring that up? Not only that but having a Proceed Doesn't void your warranty no matter what anyone says and it's not dangerous unless installed wrong, I know cause I have more miles then anyone on here with a Procede probably even more then Shiv and never had any problems I go to the dealer with all my mods and I leave with no problems no one brings it up no one says anything except nice fucking car.So quit crying you just sound like your on your period.

The funny part is anyone that talks shit about the 335 especially Proceed equiped cars never drove one so why are you opening your mouth?Do you have any real judgement to back any shit talking up except that your homo for Porsche shields? Other then some of you who know your Porsches are capabable of great things you don't know what a 335 is capable unless you own one so just stfu.No one here walks around claiming Porsches are shitty cars based on looking at it so why come here and talk shit.

I've actually been on a racetrack, have you?

I've done a ton of auto-X too, have you?

I know the difference between a car that handles well, and a car that handles averagely. Adding HP does not make your car handle any better.

I would say based on your worship of HP over a balanced chassis I could leave you in the dust on any racetrack around in my 325 much less the Z4, spend some time on a track and you'll learn it's not about HP, it's about knowing how to drive.

I don't need to drive a proceeded 335, because HP doesn't help average handling.

WTF would you have a 335 and a 328 anyways, they're the same damn car at least my 2 cars aren't the same thing are they even both yours?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #43
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I know the difference between a car that handles well, and a car that handles averagely. Adding HP does not make your car handle any better.

I would say based on your worship of HP over a balanced chassis I could leave you in the dust on any racetrack around in my 325 much less the Z4, spend some time on a track and you'll learn it's not about HP, it's about knowing how to drive.

I don't need to drive a proceeded 335, because HP doesn't help average handling.

WTF would you have a 335 and a 328 anyways, they're the same damn car at least my 2 cars aren't the same thing are they even both yours?
Last time I checked the performance numbers, the 335i handles just as well if not outhandles the old 325i. So, unless you really do drive as well as Mario Andretti, I'd bet all my money on the 335i vs. you in your 325i any day of the week.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #44
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes I've been to the track before, No I'm not a track junkie to the point I'll base my entire car buying decision for a daily driver soley on that aspect.I nor anyone else said anything about HP making any car handle better.The mere fact that you said your 325 is faster on any track then a 335 says alot about your knowlegde especially since you just got through saying the 3 series isn't a track car so let me get this straight you car with smaller brakes /tires and much less hp is faster then the 335 around a track? OK maybe I should rethink my purchase and the same thing goes for your Z4 it may be lighter in weight but that doesn't mean it can handle far better it might be more nimble in really tight turns but that doesn't mean the world.Ever seen the Bestmotoring video where the 4100lb M5 beat a M3CSL,Gallardo,997 S on the track? So don't talk BS about something you don't have or know nothing about thank you.And yes I bought two E92's 1 for a family member (328i) 2 weeks before I got the 335i because I decided I loved it. I previoulsy had a 04' CL55 AMG/06' S4 25th/04' M3 SMG/and a 05' 545i which I've posted pics before not that it's your business or even matters.Now it's just these 2 E92's and a RR Sport Supercharged cause I drive waaaaay too much for any of those cars the 3 is my toy and I love it.Have fun with your "Track star" 325i
Appreciate 0