BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

12-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i don't like the eisenmann

why so defensive about your muffler?? if you like it and are happy thats all that matters who cares what others think

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeor View Post
theres my dyno info... thanks tightie for saving me the time bc everyone on this forum thinks everything but eisenmanns is shit...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #46
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Interesting:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314703
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #47
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Neither is stock.... Although mandrel bends are best, they are not necessary.
I know that. I'm just trying to look for a justification as to why a USED CUSTOM exhaust can cost 900 dollars (according to original thread) with NO mandrel bending, regular welds, and just two mufflers at the back. Considering its used, that's pricey. That's just my opinion of course.
      12-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #48
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
I know that. I'm just trying to look for a justification as to why a USED CUSTOM exhaust can cost 900 dollars (according to original thread) with NO mandrel bending, regular welds, and just two mufflers at the back. Considering its used, that's pricey. That's just my opinion of course.
don't know... but that's a good question indeed.
      12-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #49
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Regardless of whether this exhaust can be made to fit, I advised John not to install it on his car. I spoke with the shop that was going to install it for him at length about it, and we came to the conclusion that it was not a quality exhaust system and should not be installed on an 80K car. Although it may sound great, I think that it John is better off buying an exhaust system which would not require extra work for proper fitament.

I know the shop that turned down the install very well. They are extremely reputable and stand behind their products and work. I do not blame him for turning this job away as it could be a false reflection of the work that comes out of his shop.

I was not invoived with the business transaction regarding the sale of this exahust so I can not comment on that. But it seems to me that John was not informed prior to the sale of the work involved for proper fitament of this exhaust. John has elected to pay the shipping back to the buyer, and I think that's fair considering the circumstances.

I have also attached some pictures sent to me by the shop that denied the install. In my opinion this exhaust leaves MUCH to be desired. It's not worth the time nor hassle.

Thanks,
Mike Benvo
Attached Images

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #50
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i am sure your entire warranty would be voided also with that thing too if you brought your car into BMW for warranty work when they put it on the lift and took one look at that thing

seems like a fair deal if he pays the shipping back and then gets a refund just my opinion

good luck to you guys in working it out
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #51
leeor
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i don't like the eisenmann

why so defensive about your muffler?? if you like it and are happy thats all that matters who cares what others think
not defensive, just everyone on these forums do as their told, and might deny the fact, but it's true.

whats up with the ac schnitzer kit? why doesnt anyone have it? bc vorsteiner is the majority, and people wanna have what everyone has.

I just dont think that all these people should insult the system if they havent experienced it.

Yea, its cheap, but it dyno'd positive and sound's great, and doesnt affect the car in any way..

and i didnt literally mean eisenmann, but theres so many alternatives and everyone runs at the high end systems.

I never liked the welding or quality the shop uses either, so there's not much i can disagree about, just the final product..

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #52
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

in that sense i agree with you bc i don't have vorsteiner for the fact that i don't think there product is up to par for what they charge and i don't follow what everyone gets i get what i like.

hey in the end if you like it thats all that matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeor View Post
not defensive, just everyone on these forums do as their told, and might deny the fact, but it's true.

whats up with the ac schnitzer kit? why doesnt anyone have it? bc vorsteiner is the majority, and people wanna have what everyone has.

I just dont think that all these people should insult the system if they havent experienced it.

Yea, its cheap, but it dyno'd positive and sound's great, and doesnt affect the car in any way..

and i didnt literally mean eisenmann, but theres so many alternatives and everyone runs at the high end systems.

I never liked the welding or quality the shop uses either, so there's not much i can disagree about, just the final product..

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #53
DanB.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I personally saw and heard this exhaust on the e92 M. I dont see why there would even be a problem with the install, but good luck. You should try another shop who is willing to experiment and have fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 04:11 AM   #54
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

by the time i got to page 3, there were too many posts i wanted to respond to i forgot now, lol...

personally, who cares about the welds?? who's gonna see it exactly?? when you spent $1000, you KNEW it wasn't a "name" brand exhaust, and honestly, at $1000 including shipping (so technically $700) are you complaining??

and that exhaust does NOT void the warranty or anything of the sort... i know two different M3's that have gone to local dealerships and were still serviced or had things done under warranty... it's not like you can hide it, that bloody thing sounds like a 747 about to take off...

you have the exhaust on hand, the $300 you would've spent on shipping the exhaust back in hopes of getting a refund, why don't you put it to the best fabrication shop in your area to do the work?? i guarantee you that you won't be disappointed...

just my two cents...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #55
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

It's funny how all the defenders of this junk system are from SoCal. Friends maybe? It's also funny how they think it's just so simple to weld two pipes with the same outer diameter together, create a quality joint and still maintain the dimensions of the system so that your tips dont wind up slanted...especially when one of those joints would be on a bend. Typical message board armchair quarterbacks who have never turned a wrench.
However, to the OP; once again, if you need to purchase a $1000 used exhaust from 3000 miles away, maybe you should have opted for a cheaper car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #56
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Would you like to see the FedEx invoice?
Yep; only way anybody is going to believe that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
I hate when people talk when they don't know shit.
The only shit I know is most folks would have called around before paying $300 (if you actually paid that much). Good day man.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #57
shoei
Banned
Rep

i'm actually from great neck, but that's okay, geography doesn't have anything to do with this...

as for DEFENDING the exhaust, somebody made a comment that the exhaust would void the warranty, which is incorrect information... just stating that i happen to know otherwise from firsthand experience at the dealership / service department... and i never said this system is the be all end all...

the "friend" i also don't agree with... have i met him? sure, are we friends and do we bread over family dinners?? no... has nothing to do with my commenting...

bottom line, i just didn't want to say it so bluntly as you put it, but if you purchased a 70K car, why are you settling for a $700 used custom exhaust??

slightly off topic, but can someone please explain to me why it was colder here in cali last night than it is in NYC?? or maybe i've just been here so long that blood thinned out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
It's funny how all the defenders of this junk system are from SoCal. Friends maybe? It's also funny how they think it's just so simple to weld two pipes with the same outer diameter together, create a quality joint and still maintain the dimensions of the system so that your tips dont wind up slanted...especially when one of those joints would be on a bend. Typical message board armchair quarterbacks who have never turned a wrench.
However, to the OP; once again, if you need to purchase a $1000 used exhaust from 3000 miles away, maybe you should have opted for a cheaper car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #58
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
i'm actually from great neck, but that's okay, geography doesn't have anything to do with this...

as for DEFENDING the exhaust, somebody made a comment that the exhaust would void the warranty, which is incorrect information... just stating that i happen to know otherwise from firsthand experience at the dealership / service department... and i never said this system is the be all end all...

the "friend" i also don't agree with... have i met him? sure, are we friends and do we bread over family dinners?? no... has nothing to do with my commenting...

bottom line, i just didn't want to say it so bluntly as you put it, but if you purchased a 70K car, why are you settling for a $700 used custom exhaust??

slightly off topic, but can someone please explain to me why it was colder here in cali last night than it is in NYC?? or maybe i've just been here so long that blood thinned out...
It's because Al Gore was wrong. Global Warming is a hoax.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #59
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
      12-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #60
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i am sure your entire warranty would be voided also with that thing too if you brought your car into BMW for warranty work when they put it on the lift and took one look at that thing

seems like a fair deal if he pays the shipping back and then gets a refund just my opinion

good luck to you guys in working it out
I wont say its impossible but very hard for bmw to void warrantee because of exhaust....

Second of all..... All the ppl saying do not install it should really reconsider. Abviously the op is on a budget which explains why he purchased this exhaust. Im pretty sure if he wasnt he wouldnt have bought it.

Third of all...... If u want this exhaust installed pm me. I can almost guarantee u my guy can install it for u flawlessly. Its metal. U can bend it one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #61
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
lol... i think i'll become a believer when i have to get up earlier in the AM just to scrape the frost off my windshield here in LA...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #62
js2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
by the time i got to page 3, there were too many posts i wanted to respond to i forgot now, lol...

personally, who cares about the welds?? who's gonna see it exactly?? when you spent $1000, you KNEW it wasn't a "name" brand exhaust, and honestly, at $1000 including shipping (so technically $700) are you complaining??

and that exhaust does NOT void the warranty or anything of the sort... i know two different M3's that have gone to local dealerships and were still serviced or had things done under warranty... it's not like you can hide it, that bloody thing sounds like a 747 about to take off...

you have the exhaust on hand, the $300 you would've spent on shipping the exhaust back in hopes of getting a refund, why don't you put it to the best fabrication shop in your area to do the work?? i guarantee you that you won't be disappointed...

just my two cents...
hi,

i dont mind paying for the '$300' shipping back to the seller because i called up Fedex Billing Department with this exhaust's tracking info and the shipping cost that the seller paid was far...far...far less than $300
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #63
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
i have never met the seller or the buyer but that exhaust can be installed by the looks of it. whether or not the buyer was fully aware that the exhaust was cut for shipping is not something i know for sure but from the looks of what was sent, its definitely installable. you just need a half decent shop to do the work. the two outer diameters are the same cos it used to be one pipe that was cut. you can definitely weld together two pipes of the same diameter.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #64
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
i have never met the seller or the buyer but that exhaust can be installed by the looks of it. whether or not the buyer was fully aware that the exhaust was cut for shipping is not something i know for sure but from the looks of what was sent, its definitely installable. you just need a half decent shop to do the work. the two outer diameters are the same cos it used to be one pipe that was cut. you can definitely weld together two pipes of the same diameter.
EXACTLY
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #65
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i knew it couldn't of cost that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by js2000 View Post
hi,

i dont mind paying for the '$300' shipping back to the seller because i called up Fedex Billing Department with this exhaust's tracking info and the shipping cost that the seller paid was far...far...far less than $300
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #66
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I wont say its impossible but very hard for bmw to void warrantee because of exhaust....

Second of all..... All the ppl saying do not install it should really reconsider. Abviously the op is on a budget which explains why he purchased this exhaust. Im pretty sure if he wasnt he wouldnt have bought it.

Third of all...... If u want this exhaust installed pm me. I can almost guarantee u my guy can install it for u flawlessly. Its metal. U can bend it one way or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
There you go 2 members not in socal saying it should fit. When I get a reputable place call me and say it is NOT possible to install then I will give you a refund. Your telling me your place does not recommend the install. 2 very different things.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread