BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

E60 535i Sport Automatic Transmission Flash

For those who don't play on B B Forum, I wanted to share some information which I think is good news for everyone with a 535. Even more so for those with a SAT shifter retrofit.

The other day we flashed a modified e60 535i with a SAT shifter retrofit from the stock transmission flash to the sport transmission flash. Assembly Number 4601458. According to the owner, D is smother, SD is now S1-6 and shifts firmer and quicker. Better rev matching. I know it's not the Alpina flash everyone is looking for, but the GKE215 ECU on the 6HP19TU that the N54 is matched with doesn't have an Alpina flash on the E60 Daten. Just the GKE195 has Alpina code and that won't work. So the only option for those who want a more sport orientated transmission, the only option is the sport mode flash using 4601458 with GKE215.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help flashing, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep
Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2022 X3MC  [0.00]
would this work for an 02/07 e92 with the standard shifter....since I can't use the alpina flash

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
would this work for an 02/07 e92 with the standard shifter....since I can't use the alpina flash
Because you have the prior version of the EGS module, I honestly don't know what options other than maybe a sport mode flash is available. You would be better off upgrading your EGS module by pulling your valve body and swapping it for a newer one.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
MBEA5T
Modding the MBEA5T
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
For those who don't play on B B Forum, I wanted to share some information which I think is good news for everyone with a 535. Even more so for those with a SAT shifter retrofit.

The other day we flashed a modified e60 535i with a SAT shifter retrofit from the stock transmission flash to the sport transmission flash. Assembly Number 4601458. According to the owner, D is smother, SD is now S1-6 and shifts firmer and quicker. Better rev matching. I know it's not the Alpina flash everyone is looking for, but the GKE215 ECU on the 6HP19TU that the N54 is matched with doesn't have an Alpina flash on the E60 Daten. Just the GKE195 has Alpina code and that won't work. So the only option for those who want a more sport orientated transmission, the only option is the sport mode flash using 4601458 with GKE215.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help flashing, please let me know.

Hi there! I have an 08 535i Automatic transmission. I am interested in performing this flash upgrade to my car. Do I have to buy a new shifter to activate the sport mode or can I use use a generic button to activate the sport mode? Something like a toggle switch I can hide under the driver steering wheel.

FYI - I just installed the jb4 last week and have been tuning it. I've read on BB that this flash is a must have for jb4 tuners?

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzgmoney View Post
Hi there! I have an 08 535i Automatic transmission. I am interested in performing this flash upgrade to my car. Do I have to buy a new shifter to activate the sport mode or can I use use a generic button to activate the sport mode? Something like a toggle switch I can hide under the driver steering wheel.

FYI - I just installed the jb4 last week and have been tuning it. I've read on BB that this flash is a must have for jb4 tuners?

Thanks for your help!
You can follow the DIY for the sport button mod which can be found online in the forums. It's not required for the flash.

Shoot me an email... WedgePerformance at Gmail and I'll get you the links you need and cable information.
Appreciate 0