BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Smuut
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 m3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
New member introduction

Hi guys,
I just bought a 2008 e92 M3 . I thought, I should introduce myself and along with that ask a few questions.
Its 2008 with 58k miles with full service history, alpine white with DCT.
I am in love already.
I was looking for a manual ,but ended buying a DCT. It is an amazing gearbox ,but not as fun as the manual.
Got the red extended leather interior( I dont really like leather ,but i am actually quite happy with it).CF roof.Navigation.Comfort access. EDC ( which I experienced before ,but realized how beneficial it really is on the long way home(nearly 2k miles). The ride is a lot smoother.18 inch wheels style 260 black (I dont really know if they come in other color at all).
Here is a pic:

Name:  rsz_img_0339.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  2.06 MB

Well I already have bunch of stuff I would like to do with the car and to the car .
The PPI turned ok so I dont have anything to fix ,but I will check the rod bearing and maybe change them if I have to.
The one thing I was concerned about was that the car was originally produced for US market ,but the first service ( 1k miles/ 1800 km) was in Estonia. So I asked my local bmw dealer about that and he said I should not be worried. Someone might have cancelled their purchase and the car ended up in Estonia.
Also I will get sticky tires first. Since i am coming from 330 e46 I am not used to the power and hold on any power upgrades for a while.I haven't even floored it yet. I will take my time to get to know the vehicle well and learn to manage the power first.
So after the tires I am planning on some visual upgrades along with some lil features I would like to get.
I like the cf front splitters from competition package very very much.
I would like to change my CCC for a CIC navi. The unit is not such a pain ,but the new one truly is better.(this will be later)
I will get my key programmed to close my windows ASAP(I guess due to the fact it was made for USA this is not enabled).
Also I will get folding side mirrors with auto dim for sure, because it was horrible to drive in the night. The lights from all other cars' headlights strike in the eyes.
I was thinking about cf lip for the trunk or the cf csl style trunk.Any suggestions on this one?
Maybe I will get umnitza opaque angel eyes, the OEM ones are not bright enough for my taste.Also I dont like their color. Any other brands I should look into?
All of those will take sufficient time and resources I currently dont have. But i am in no rush .
I am also considering an oil cooler upgrade and racing pads after I get used to the car. Yes I am planning to get it on a track. Anything else I should check out? I don't want more HP, so do not suggest supercharging etc. Maybe an exhaust. Anyway it should stay street legal ,but bear in mind that in my country once a car is registered it is kind of street legal for life(you just can't sell it) ,so thats not really a problem.
Well I am open to suggestions.

So see you around.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
///Motown
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
Congrats and enjoy! Great looking M!
Appreciate 0