BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

07-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
BatDad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 AW DCT

Congrats! I got virtually the EXACT same car almost two months ago (year, color, 4dr, zcp). Absolutely love it. I traded in my 2013 335i for it and don't regret it at all.

I love the wheels. As awesome as they are and look, boy are they a pain to clean. I spent an hour alone on them yesterday when I washed my car, but its worth it .

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for you!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #24
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

Congrats!

I bought the same car a few months ago and cannot say enough good things.

For me its the split personality... dropped my boys and their two friends off at Summer Camp in the morning and it serves in this role perfectly (though I heard a few camp counslers say "sweet car"). Later, alone in the car on a quiet twisting road - engage the M button and you have a whole new beast.

Just my humble opinion - but Run as fast as you can to the nearest BMW dealer and have the M performance exhaust installed. really makes the car special. (should have been OEM w the Comp package). Makes rev match downshifts something to behold

Wheels are a pain to clean - but I have some nice Sonax (made in germany) cleaner - it is theraputic (mental break) for me to spend some quality time grooming the M.

A suprise to me is that my "average" speed when driving is slightly slower than my 535 (meaning Im less prone to speeding tix) - that car was silent inside and the low RPM torque made it easy to quietly exceed the speed limit. But when I want to be a hooligan - thats another story.

Be careful when 'discovering' DCT off... can snap spin in a hurry.
      07-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #25
slidemx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 16 Golf R, 95 Miata, 87 E30

Thanks for the kind words and tips. Unfortunately delivery was delayed two days. Hopeful I can get it on Sunday.

My VW is nearly back to stock though, so at least that's out of the way!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #26
slidemx5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Would love the m performance exhaust, but 4k is a bit nuts for a rear section exhaust.

If it was a grand it'd be ordered already
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar View Post
I bought the same car a few months ago and cannot say enough good things.

For me its the split personality... dropped my boys and their two friends off at Summer Camp in the morning and it serves in this role perfectly (though I heard a few camp counslers say "sweet car"). Later, alone in the car on a quiet twisting road - engage the M button and you have a whole new beast.

Just my humble opinion - but Run as fast as you can to the nearest BMW dealer and have the M performance exhaust installed. really makes the car special. (should have been OEM w the Comp package). Makes rev match downshifts something to behold

Wheels are a pain to clean - but I have some nice Sonax (made in germany) cleaner - it is theraputic (mental break) for me to spend some quality time grooming the M.

A suprise to me is that my "average" speed when driving is slightly slower than my 535 (meaning Im less prone to speeding tix) - that car was silent inside and the low RPM torque made it easy to quietly exceed the speed limit. But when I want to be a hooligan - thats another story.

Be careful when 'discovering' DCT off... can snap spin in a hurry.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #27
slidemx5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just picked up the car! Love it to pieces already. Got the maxcare 100k warranty as well, so no worries bumper to bumper for 5 years.

I got my phone playing pandora just fine, but am curious if I need to do anything for BMW teleservices? Seems like a service that might be worthwhile, thoughts? Pictures to come as soon as it stops raining!

Last edited by slidemx5; 07-15-2014 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: picture
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #28
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

congrats on the pick up, i miss my e90 every day..

time to start modding
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #29
slidemx5
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm trying to give myself a month or two before modding. Already would really like to update to BMW apps and app front splitters though (and exhaust, but can't justify cost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Autocouture View Post
congrats on the pick up, i miss my e90 every day..

time to start modding
Appreciate 0