BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

01-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Gumgardner
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

What can I Do besides lose big?

I bought/financed a 335i xdrive in December 2009. I put $15,000 down and make payments of about $666. 0.9% financing. I'm itching to get a 2010 M3 instead. The BMW guy told me I'll lose big if I do this, because the buyout is so low. Will it be better if I wait another year and if so, by how much? Are there any other suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

You've probably heard this a lot, but the moment you drive a car off the dealer's lot the car depreciates.

You are in about the same shape as you would be if you had paid cash for the whole car and want to sell it after a month. The only thing is putting a downpayment is like buying a car on margin; you will lose a greater % of your down payment than you would compared to if you had purchased the whole car outright, but it is the same dollar value. Fortunately, you put a lot down so you are not facing negative equity.

I don't think it's going to get much better if you wait a year or so. Try to sell the car for as much as you possibly can (private party) and then buy the M3 for as little as you possibly can. That is the best you can do.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
sebaztianl
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

$666 x 60 months?? what's your payout? how much its your car worth?

you'd probably lose 4k or 5k as depreciation, unless you bought it over invoice

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Tio///M
///M South Lead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

If you know someone who is very interested in your car and TRUST, you can always sell it to him. Take a downpayment and do a third party/legal transcation to cover your ass. Then go on and buy an New M3.....my two cents or wait it out, but I would sell right away. You financed right? Not Leased....what exactly is the guy saying by you losing out? Were you looking into trading it in to the Dealer? Cuz that would be your first mistake, advertise it now and sell it privately. Again my 0 2 cents. ONLY IF YOU WANT AN M3 BADLY!!

I would do it.

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Kenyon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is the 335xi your daily? Because the X drive would be a lot more useful in this weather than a RWD M3.
With the 2010 M3 you're not going to get 0.9 financing. I was hoping for that too when I was getting mine but it was standard rate at like 5.9 or 6.9 so I ended up leasing it at a good deal. Will probably do a buyout after the lease is up.
I was going to do a finance at 15k down too. Payment will prob run about $900-1k+ per month depending on purchase price.
You're best bet is keep the 335i if you don't want to take a loss. Since your car is basically new, if you sell it privately you'd have to be lucky to find a buyer and would most likely take a hit as well because they're better off buying a brand new one if there's not much of a price difference between your car and a new one.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Gumgardner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio///M View Post
If you know someone who is very interested in your car and TRUST, you can always sell it to him. Take a downpayment and do a third party/legal transcation to cover your ass. Then go on and buy an New M3.....my two cents or wait it out, but I would sell right away. You financed right? Not Leased....what exactly is the guy saying by you losing out? Were you looking into trading it in to the Dealer? Cuz that would be your first mistake, advertise it now and sell it privately. Again my 0 2 cents. ONLY IF YOU WANT AN M3 BADLY!!

I would do it.

Yah I financed it and was looking to trade it into the dealer.
My wife wants a Range Rover Sport and the same dealer sells bmw.'s. Is it worth trying to work out a deal for a new M3 and a range rover sport?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Gumgardner
Rep

They are offering 0.9% on the 2010 M3 sedan. I want the coupe
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

The payment should have told you that you made a deal with the devil.

Nothing you can do unless you pay the car off and trade it in ASAP as next year the depreciation won't be any better, it will be worse.

Got to pay to play
Appreciate 0