BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #46
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac355 View Post
ugly ass car, 135 w/ a tune and some new tires is gonna give the 2ss a run for its money
You're an idiot ok? Ok, and yeah... against a stock SS and then your fuel pump decides to shit the bed and on lap 2.5 you've reached the overheating point. BUT you can have your interior, and I will enjoy my rumble, as well as torching you in every way because about 5% of these SS owners will be running a stock set up against the "135i w a tune"...

Wom Wom wom:

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #47
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Not to mention the last time I checked the 135i didn't even have a legit mechanical LSD... ONE WHEEL PEELLLL IS BAD ASSS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
mesropb23
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

only way i'd take a camaro over the 135 is if its SS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #49
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
just speaking by experience, Camaro was not nearly as responsive as a 1/3 series with sport pkg. granted i didn't take it on the nurburgring, but just didn't have the road feel BMW provides. if you have the facts then i will retract the 2nd half of my statement, but the Camaro is still ugly inside (imo).
No one cares about your personal fanboy biased opinion.

Facts are facts, the SS Camaro owns the E46 M3 and 335i.

http://jalopnik.com/5170998/putting-...in-perspective

So either you don't know what a road car is supposed to feel like, or you made up your opinion like a lot of trolls do.

Retraction granted.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #50
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac355 View Post
ugly ass car, 135 w/ a tune and some new tires is gonna give the 2ss a run for its money
You know for the price of a tune and a new set of tires, people have turned the LS3 into a 700HP monster. There is no replacement for displacement.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #51
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
You could fit a 135i in the back seat of the Camaro...

I still like 335i/135i over Camero SS but that is just me. Camero SS is a faster car but I prefer the bimmers. just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #52
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Deal is, people are dreaming if they make the case of the 135i being faster or more reliable than the Camaro. Better to take it for what it is, a clown car that doesn't know what it is.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #53
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
have you sat inside the Camaro
Ive been in multiple 1 Series models by now and the interior isn't that well built, certainly not well enough to choose it over a faster and cheaper car.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #54
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
The 335i interior isn't great either... especially for a car that starts around 40K. Clean, but boring and old-fashioned. It's the same as older BMW's our family has owned (and I mean OLD). It's maybe impressive to somebody who's never been in a German car before, or somebody who's hypnotized by the badge.

I really don't like the looks of the Camaro, inside or out. I prefer the Challenger to that. But the performance and openness to mods is definitely there. Just get a hold of Katech and you'll tear most BMW's to shreds. Even those fAnBoiZ with JB2000 and CSL replica parts
      09-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #55
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
The 335i interior isn't great either... especially for a car that starts around 40K. Clean, but boring and old-fashioned. It's the same as older BMW's our family has owned (and I mean OLD). It's maybe impressive to somebody who's never been in a German car before, or somebody who's hypnotized by the badge.

I really don't like the looks of the Camaro, inside or out. I prefer the Challenger to that. But the performance and openness to mods is definitely there. Just get a hold of Katech and you'll tear most BMW's to shreds. Even those fAnBoiZ with JB2000 and CSL replica parts
German cars are expensive to run and maintain, the f**** tires cost a lot, silly run flats!. The tuning for these cars is not cheap either. As much as I love my 335, I have to question my judgement in buying that over a cheaper muscle car. Probably the only redeeming factor is that its been a childhood dream to own an ultimate driving machine (coming from a family of benzes and audis), and that the gas mileage is quite good for the power (however hypocritical that may sound)....
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #56
NewSong
United_States
Rep

The simple fact is, the BMW 335i/135i are solid performing vehicles, and BMW has a motorsport history that is decorated. There are reasons people buy Bimmers besides trying to catch ladies, and being a snob.

However, the Camaro SS is a solid performer for the price point, in fact I can think of only the C6 LS3 Vette as possibly a better performance bargain (maybe they are equal, I'm not sure). People who are criticizing it for "driving like a boat" when it runs the Nurburgring faster than a Lotus Exige S really need to stop lying to themselves, and posting those lies on this board.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #57
jrsbeamer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: below 1,500rpm

wow fanboys look so stupid w/ their ignorant posts.

congrats on your car man! those things are sweeet!
post pics
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #58
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
German cars are expensive to run and maintain, the f**** tires cost a lot, silly run flats!. The tuning for these cars is not cheap either. As much as I love my 335, I have to question my judgement in buying that over a cheaper muscle car. Probably the only redeeming factor is that its been a childhood dream to own an ultimate driving machine (coming from a family of benzes and audis), and that the gas mileage is quite good for the power (however hypocritical that may sound)....
It's expensive only if you do everything by the book and at the dealer.
For tires: ditch the run flats and get normal tires + AAA membership/repair kit.
For maintenance: Do a little research and find a good, reliable independent BMW shop. This will cut your maintenance cost at least by half (mine is about 1/3 the dealer cost). If you're into DIY projects and are mechanically inclined, even better!
Examples: rotors and pads at dealer : $800/axle. Same job with BMW OEM parts at indie shop: $250 including parts.
Service 1 at dealer: $650. Same at indie: $200.

It is still more expensive than a Toyota but much more manageable.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #59
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

OP, Nice new ride man!

Forget all these kids and their 1-series.
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #60
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
It's expensive only if you do everything by the book and at the dealer.
For tires: ditch the run flats and get normal tires + AAA membership/repair kit.
For maintenance: Do a little research and find a good, reliable independent BMW shop. This will cut your maintenance cost at least by half (mine is about 1/3 the dealer cost). If you're into DIY projects and are mechanically inclined, even better!
Examples: rotors and pads at dealer : $800/axle. Same job with BMW OEM parts at indie shop: $250 including parts.
Service 1 at dealer: $650. Same at indie: $200.

It is still more expensive than a Toyota but much more manageable.
I remember a letter to the editor in "Automobile Magazine" (this was quite a while ago) from somebody who owned a BMW and an old Camaro. He summarized that he could work on the Camaro himself, while he had to take his BMW to shop after shop.
      02-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #61
oztiks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Gran coupe

The debate that never ends you will always find morons on both sides of the track. I've personally owned many ,many cars from germs to japs to american muscle cars. All are different and all will have there respective fan base single minded idiots mine!mine!mine!mine!

The 135 and Camaro SS are completely different cars and both are respectively very fast..I know coming from 2 previously owned vettes and presently own a modded 135 and test drove the SS. Each car can and will beat each other depending on driver and conditions and there is no easy hands down win..if you believe so..than you are an idiot. Every car has problems no matter what the heck you drive. Both cars can be made to look ugly and both cars can be made to look sexy. As for which car can be made into a faster monster... Camaro takes the cake... I personally prefer the 135 but would not hesitate to borrow an SS for a week-end while wearing my bmw cap

Not everyone has the same taste in cars...perfect example..someone here thinks a Ford Focus is a sexy car... good for him!!! And for that person I say..my mother in law is looking for a date...she may be perfect for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #62
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztiks View Post
The debate that never ends you will always find morons on both sides of the track. I've personally owned many ,many cars from germs to japs to american muscle cars. All are different and all will have there respective fan base single minded idiots mine!mine!mine!mine!

The 135 and Camaro SS are completely different cars and both are respectively very fast..I know coming from 2 previously owned vettes and presently own a modded 135 and test drove the SS. Each car can and will beat each other depending on driver and conditions and there is no easy hands down win..if you believe so..than you are an idiot. Every car has problems no matter what the heck you drive. Both cars can be made to look ugly and both cars can be made to look sexy. As for which car can be made into a faster monster... Camaro takes the cake... I personally prefer the 135 but would not hesitate to borrow an SS for a week-end while wearing my bmw cap

Not everyone has the same taste in cars...perfect example..someone here thinks a Ford Focus is a sexy car... good for him!!! And for that person I say..my mother in law is looking for a date...she may be perfect for you.
He doesn't post on here anymore, but he doesn't drive a Focus, and he drives more expensive cars (yes, multiple) than 95% people on here.
      02-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #63
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dreamer View Post
I was SO close to buying the 135i, but the Camaro is more fun and cost MUCH LESS.
Did you buy this one?

My friend actually built this formula drift car...

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #64
lesha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335 coupe

what a weird comparison, 1 series is for little girls and Camaro is for a redneck with a shut gun,, haha
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #65
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

3 pages and no pics, come on OP lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #66
e90sam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

wow this thread has turned into a circus. Congrats on the new camaro, can't wait to see pics.

oh, and lesha, its "shot gun"
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread