BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions
View Poll Results: Will you secretly DNA test your newborn w/o telling your wife?
YES 22 57.89%
NO 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

08-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Must read for all Father and future Fathers.

I just saw a news report on the news regarding laws, especially in CA for child support and infidelity. This is some FUCKKKKKED UPPPP SHITTTTT

So apparently, you are liable for Child support in a divorce even if the kid is rejected to be yours by positive DNA evidence as long as the kid was conceived by your wife while you guys were married. Let that soak in for a minute there...

Think about it. Guy weds girl, after a year, girl gets pregnant, a child is born. 5 years later, guy finds out it wasn't his through accident. Would seem to be legit grounds for a divorce right. Fuck the cheating ho, and fuck the bastard child right...wait a minute, not so fast, you were married to the bitch before she got prego, that makes you the liable "father" regardless of DNA evidence.

The supposed "reasoning" behind this bullshit is that the state wants whole families first and foremost, which is basically saying "look you raised him for 5 years like it's your own, you can do it for another 13." Well I say fuck that and it should be my choice.

The only way to get out of it, is if you contest the infidelity within the first 2 years of the child's life. Which means that guys....DNA TESTING is essential for newborns. It's not really a trust thing IMO, it's just a fucked up legal situation if you don't.

DNA testing laws.
You can get it done without your spouse's consent, but it won't hold up in court.
To get 1 to hold up in court, you must have your wife's consent.
But I would def get it done secretly just to make sure. if it's yours, hooray, if not, then go about it as you wish, but at least you know.

Poll is will you secretly DNA test your newborn knowing this information now? Poll is private.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Yep, that's pussified America for you.

There were a couple episodes on the Tom Leykis show about this, did you hear this there?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Yep, that's pussified America for you.

There were a couple episodes on the Tom Leykis show about this, did you hear this there?
I would test.

Damn, haven't heard Tom Leykis since 97.1 (SoCal) dropped him. Is he still on the radio or do you have to stream him online now?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
I would test.

Damn, haven't heard Tom Leykis since 97.1 (SoCal) dropped him. Is he still on the radio or do you have to stream him online now?
I don't live in Cali. I heard about him a while back on some forums so I looked him up on YouTube. Listened to almost every video that is associated with him on there.

I think he will go back on the radio in 2011/12 or something, can't remember which he said.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

last night while having dinner with some friends, one of my friends got a text. he learned that a friend of his found out that his girlfriend is preggos and it's not his kid. i know the situation sucks for the guy, but all i could think about at the time was how lucky he was to find out.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

another win out of my state
      08-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

with respect,
what human being with a heart,
would raise a child as his own for 5 years,
then disown him & not want to pay child support because it wasnt "genetically" his?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
with respect,
then disown him & not want to pay child support because it wasnt "genetically" his?
That's what I was thinking. I would keep that child and raise him as my own. Something as stupid as genetics wouldn't stop me.

I love how men are always getting shafted in divorces, though. It's quite hilarious, if you ask me. Very rarely do I hear a story of a woman getting screwed in a divorce.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
with respect,
I get what you're saying but that man should be able to choose if he wants to or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
with respect,
Thankfully never been in this position (knock on wood) but what kind of woman cheats on her spouse, then forces him to raise someone else's child? What right does the woman have to force that financial and emotional burden upon an unsuspecting man? Instead of punishing the woman who has deliberately cheated, lied and conned, an innocent man will be penalized. Funny how our courts give thieves and con-men jail time but cheating wives get half. lol

I keep thinking of that Kanye song, Gold Digger.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Just another reason not to move to Cali...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #12
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Just another reason not to get married
Fixed that for you buddy
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Fixed that for you buddy

Doug speaks the truth.
      08-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
with respect,

While I agree, the "father" should still have a choice, as cruel and distorted as it may be

Californian lawmakers have some fucked up logic
      08-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

I wonder if that law exists in Canada.

But under these circumstances, I still wouldn't DNA test my child. While the judicial consequences might be fucked up should the kid not be mine, I'd be destroying the trust-aspect in my marriage by secretly doing a DNA test. To me, if I can't put the right ring on the right women and trust her on the legitimacy of my newborn, I deserved to get fucked over -- big time.
      08-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #16
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

^^still, even the people you trust most can do things that will break your trust and that are unheard of. there are sly people out there, who are very good at keeping up appearances and going to great lengths to hide dirt. if the test is a match, end of story and you never mention it again. however, if the child isnt yours, doesnt it seem like a more fundamental lack of trust for the wife to a) have an affair b) get pregnant c) not tell the husband about either and the chance that the child might not be his?

absolutely believe in a test secretly
      08-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

i really don't know much about family law, so forgive my ignorance... but will the actual father be responsible for child support also? Really think only the biological parents should be responsible following a divorce.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Seriously messed up. Here I was thinking that the term "CHILD support" didn't leave much room for interpretation.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
^^still, even the people you trust most can do things that will break your trust and that are unheard of. there are sly people out there, who are very good at keeping up appearances and going to great lengths to hide dirt. if the test is a match, end of story and you never mention it again. however, if the child isnt yours, doesnt it seem like a more fundamental lack of trust for the wife to a) have an affair b) get pregnant c) not tell the husband about either and the chance that the child might not be his?

absolutely believe in a test secretly
While it may be good security to invest in a secret DNA test, think about the after-effects. If I couldn't trust my wife on the legitimacy of my newborn child then, what can I trust her on? If an issue so large weathers me down to do a secret test, what about the daily things she does? What happens when she spends the night out with the girls? Do I secretly follow her?

I'd reason that following her and making sure she isn't cheating on me might be good security to invest for myself. In fact, following her around would reassure me 100% that my woman (be it girlfriend or wife) isn't/hasn't been sleeping around, more so than a secret DNA test would about my newborn child. But doing shady stuff like this opens up a can of worms. It also isn't the way to build relationships. It also means you haven't found the right woman who is comfortable enough to drop appearances and open-up.

I still stand firm with no DNA test if I were in that position. I'm sure if you had a child on the way, you would be celebrating about being a father rather than worrying if he's yours or not. And if you were to do the latter, I'd suspect that you already have doubts about the relationship. I've never heard of a new-father, whom is in a sound relationship, to secretly DNA test his child "just because" the judicial system might fuck him over years down the road.
      08-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

No shit! How about not being dumb enough to marry some skank where you would need to even worry about her cheating on you. Yeah, shit happens but come on now, if you're foolish enough to marry some chick who cheats on you and then 5 years later you find out the kids not yours, you just gonna turn off your feelings for the kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
While it may be good security to invest in a secret DNA test, think about the after-effects. If I couldn't trust my wife on the legitimacy of my newborn child then, what can I trust her on? If an issue so large weathers me down to do a secret test, what about the daily things she does? What happens when she spends the night out with the girls? Do I secretly follow her?

I'd reason that following her and making sure she isn't cheating on me might be good security to invest for myself. In fact, following her around would reassure me 100% that my woman (be it girlfriend or wife) isn't/hasn't been sleeping around, more so than a secret DNA test would about my newborn child. But doing shady stuff like this opens up a can of worms. It also isn't the way to build relationships. It also means you haven't found the right woman who is comfortable enough to drop appearances and open-up.

I still stand firm with no DNA test if I were in that position. I'm sure if you had a child on the way, you would be celebrating about being a father rather than worrying if he's yours or not. And if you were to do the latter, I'd suspect that you already have doubts about the relationship. I've never heard of a new-father, whom is in a sound relationship, to secretly DNA test his child "just because" the judicial system might fuck him over years down the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
with respect,
+1

I have to agree.
      08-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post

Lol yeah fucking right. Speak for yourself. I'd kick that cheating whore straight to the curb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
No shit! How about not being dumb enough to marry some skank where you would need to even worry about her cheating on you. Yeah, shit happens but come on now, if you're foolish enough to marry some chick who cheats on you and then 5 years later you find out the kids not yours, you just gonna turn off your feelings for the kid?
I think while the 'opens a can of worms' or 'what can you trust her on then' arguments are somewhat valid, but it would be incredibly foolish to not protect yourself financially. I mean women have pulled this shit on men time and time again.

I hope you guys don't skip out on prenups, because you two sound like the kind of guys who would.

Better to be safe than sorry.
Appreciate 0