BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Miami11M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Will I need camber plates

I have a simple question.

I will be running KW V3 coils w/ 20" HRE P43 SC.

My questions is it necessary for me to purchase camber plates in order to prevent any rubbing or uneven wear?

The obvious answer seems to be yes, but I would like conformation from anyone with any actual knowledge on this topic.

I did try searching but just found a bunch of different settings for camber.

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Depending on the width and offset of the wheels and the tire size you are looking to use, the camber plates may be required to properly clear your front fenders. There are many advantages to using a camber plate for dialing additional negative camber, such as allowing for more even tire wear under track conditions while providing more cornering grip. In addition to added cornering grip, the adjustable plates allows your alignment to change to a more negative camber setting. Doing this pulls the top of the suspension in closer towards the engine bay. The entire suspension, wheel, tire, and brake assembly move in parallel to each other, so inner clearances stay the same, while the tire is pulled away from the outer fender.
      10-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Miami11M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
Depending on the width and offset of the wheels and the tire size you are looking to use, the camber plates may be required to properly clear your front fenders. There are many advantages to using a camber plate for dialing additional negative camber, such as allowing for more even tire wear under track conditions while providing more cornering grip. In addition to added cornering grip, the adjustable plates allows your alignment to change to a more negative camber setting. Doing this pulls the top of the suspension in closer towards the engine bay. The entire suspension, wheel, tire, and brake assembly move in parallel to each other, so inner clearances stay the same, while the tire is pulled away from the outer fender.
David, thank you for the quick response. Answers my question.
Appreciate 0