BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

05-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #133
mlambert890
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
So many C63 Amg owners on a M3 forum. Bring it to a real race, on the track.
The only place better than the MBForums to be told how superior the C63 is to the M3 is...... The M3 forum!

Actually just kidding... You won't even get one or two positive M3 posts over there whereas at least on this thread a couple of folks are attempting to defend the notion that the M3 might have *some* redeeming value.

To the "former owners who love the M3 but now also love the C63 and just stay here to remind everyone".... Drop in on MBForums once in a while and remind people that the M3 isn't just an overpriced, slow, POS (because that's the consensus). I mean since you love it

To be clear, I'm just busting some b a l l s a bit. I love the C63. It's a beast and I was considering it before the E92 but it was too similar to the GTR I was departing in some key ways. I just happened to have spent a bunch of time lurking on MB forums while thinking it over and that memory is still fresh in my mind. It struck me as ironic seeing the AMG love here given the near total M3 disgust I saw there. I guess that's a good thing maybe! The M3 forum is open minded and self critical

And to the OP, the best mod for "beating" C63s at a stoplight is to sell the M3, buy a used CTS-V and pocket the difference (or maybe sink a tiny bit into getting the V into modded GTR territory)

Last edited by mlambert890; 05-02-2013 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #134
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert890 View Post
To the "former owners who love the M3 but now also love the C63 and just stay here to remind everyone".... Drop in on MBForums once in a while and remind people that the M3 isn't just an overpriced, slow, POS (because that's the consensus). I mean since you love it
I think you would find that the sentiment about the M3 is generally very positive on the MB forums. Both forums have their biases (M3s have no torque, C63s are only good in a straight line) but I find both cars are very highly regarded by mostly everyone except those with blinders. There isn't much discussion of the M3 on the MB boards but that is largely due to a far lower volume of discussion than here.

P.S. Some don't stay here to "remind" anyone but rather because it is highly likely they will own another M3/M4 again and want to stay in touch with what is going on
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #135
mlambert890
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I think you would find that the sentiment about the M3 is generally very positive on the MB forums. Both forums have their biases (M3s have no torque, C63s are only good in a straight line) but I find both cars are very highly regarded by mostly everyone except those with blinders. There isn't much discussion of the M3 on the MB boards but that is largely due to a far lower volume of discussion than here.

P.S. Some don't stay here to "remind" anyone but rather because it is highly likely they will own another M3/M4 again and want to stay in touch with what is going on
Maybe... I searched specifically for "e92 or c63" since that was my choice that I was evaluating. There? Oh my. 1 out of 10 would even suggest considering the m3. Here? Seems many actually suggest c63 (or at least driving it)

You can search mb and see for yourself. If the m3 is highly regarded it doesn't show. I think the m3 got more respect on NAGTROC honestly.
Appreciate 0