BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #89
AW335i
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
wtf? Here i am crusing in my 325 when this kid comes up in a 335. He has the windows down, his buddy in the front seat and he starts revving his engine up. I give him a thumbs down and he squeals out and almost hits the guy in front of him ( we were stopped at a light).

wtf is with these kids that get these cars from mommy and daddy? Seriously when i was 18 i was driving a beat up 1986 honda with 300k miles on it.
man your trippin. i'm 18 and my 335i comes in late feb early march. and geuess what I am paying for it not my parents. haha. they are paying for my insurance but I'm the one paying. I study and i'm a real estate. dont stereo type people man, dude was prolly driving his parents car, because you will notice someone who drives the car daily doesnt try and do stupid shit liek that.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #90
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I'm 19.

My first car was a Honda S2000 2002 (used). Worked my ASS OFF from being a Busboy, Passenger Representitive Supervisor at two different companies (Princess Cruises and Celebrity Cruises), and an office admin at a local warehouse company. ALL AT THE SAME TIME DURING SUMMER! When high school was in, I was still working nights and weekends. I took very great care of that car, waxing and maintaining it myself.

All of this was fueled by wanting a 7th Gen Celica GT-S. But when my neighbor bought a S2000, that changed everything I managed to take a loan out for 15k with my mom consigning (LONG STORY, took a couple months to convince her because she didn't think I could commit, and thought the S2000 was a deathtrap) and paid off more then I should every month. In about two years I paid it off and it was time for a new car...

335i Coupe 25k loan for this one. Seriously, it wasn't that hard because I don't have to pay rent or anything, but I do have to pay for everything else like school and insurance. If I could, I would do everything again.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #91
Discodancingrover
F=MA?
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335i View Post
dude was prolly driving his parents car, because you will notice someone who drives the car daily doesnt try and do stupid shit liek that.
You would be surprised, my high school had many BMWs, I had a Land Rover. I don't think parents should buy their 16 year old kids brand new BMWs. Give them a car that isn't as nice, because almost everyone at that age was stupid with their car, I was. I got my e90 last year when I was 20 as an early college graduation gift from my grandmother because my car was dying (typical British car). I understand people who are older than me saying that a 20 year old shouldn't be given a brand new $50k BMW, because they worked hard to pay for their car. But as long as I don't act like an idiot there is no reason to really look down on me. I guess that is why I will not go to any BMW type event, because I know that most people would say, hey good for you, but there are those people who don't like it that ruin it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #92
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335i View Post
man your trippin. i'm 18 and my 335i comes in late feb early march. and geuess what I am paying for it not my parents. haha. they are paying for my insurance but I'm the one paying. I study and i'm a real estate. dont stereo type people man, dude was prolly driving his parents car, because you will notice someone who drives the car daily doesnt try and do stupid shit liek that.

That is all cool, but who pays for your school, accommodation, clothes and food?
Not trying to be an a$$, but it is easy to cough out $700/month, but not that easy to cover the 335 + the rest...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #93
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

ah..... I wish I was an 18 y/o prick again lol

(if I remember correctly, I was driving a chiny new 1980 Ford Fiesta that weighed about 1200 lbs and the doors were about 2 inches thick :rocks: )

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 12:06 AM   #94
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I'm sick of seeing 60 year olds driving 911's. The car's agile and athletic. They're not...

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #95
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Yeah, I'm 18 and I drive a e90...so what? At least I'm not those rich spoiled kids that just use their parents for money and not do shit for them or anyone. I work hard in school, have a good job, and am paying off the car. SO, not all 18 year olds/teenages are dumbasses. Yeah, some can be...immature and stupid (a huge population), but YUP...don't hate.
      01-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #96
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
We're here on this forum cause we own BMWrs, share ideas/experiences, and help/inform each other...not to be haters. Where's the love? Let's get back on the road!
      01-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #97
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I have owned 4 cars in my life and I payed for all 4 cars......
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #98
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
I have owned 4 cars in my life and I payed for all 4 cars......
that's wise... generally speaking, you get in big trouble when you don't

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #99
Curious Joel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Montego/Saddle

I wouldn't generalize. It all depends on the attitude the kid has towards the car. I agree that it's annoying when teenagers get expensive cars and feel like they deserve it and are entitled to it. I'm 18, I've got a 335i on order. I sure as hell don't feel like I deserve this car. However, I've worked hard and stayed out of trouble for the most part up to this point. Do I deserve the car? No. Do I appreciate it? Yes. I'd be happy driving around in a Jetta. As long as I had something that ran and was reasonably fun to drive, I wouldn't care. There are plenty of kids at my school (and in this country in general) that feel like they deserve the car just because their parents have boatloads of money. For proof, try watching the MTV show "My Super Sweet 16." Bring a trash can with you when you watch it, you'll want to throw up. I saw one episode of that show. The girl on it refused a $65,000 USED Range Rover that was a year old, simply because it was used. Then she cried her eyes out and acted like a little brat because her parents wouldn't get her a brand new one. THAT is annoying. Not all of us are like that, though.
Don't assume! It makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".
Sport/Steptronic/Paddles/Premium/CA
PDC/Nav/6FL/etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #100
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
wtf? Here i am crusing in my 325 when this kid comes up in a 335. He has the windows down, his buddy in the front seat and he starts revving his engine up. I give him a thumbs down and he squeals out and almost hits the guy in front of him ( we were stopped at a light).

wtf is with these kids that get these cars from mommy and daddy? Seriously when i was 18 i was driving a beat up 1986 honda with 300k miles on it.
Are you trying to blame it on your parents or what?
Just the fact that you paid for your cars,house,etc., it doesn't mean that everyone has to take the same route.
If you can't take it, get off the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #101
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
I'm 18. I drive a Scion tC to school. When i get back, i switch with my mom to get the E90 330i. I go to college with the tC and it is awful.

So you guys are really just hating on the dumb kids with the cars. I don't exactly not get any nice cars around. It's just that i'm in between having no nice car to drive and getting a nice car to drive. Not every kid is an idiot. When I'm in the E90 though, I like to get up to other E90/2 to see who's in there then if i see that the person is reasonable and nice, I'd wave. So far, I've gotten two crazy looks, 9999 old people or women or old women driving, and about 4 waves back. haha

Gamegates, i'm sure we were all like that at ONE POINT in our lives. It's just that now we've grown up and have a sense in what costs what and how hard some things to attain. I hate the tC but i treasure the E90! My parents are planning ot let me keep it forever and i think i will! I've been the only one taking care of it (ie washing, taking to service). I think this is why they bought it though, so they wouldn't ahve to take care of it. It is the first real car that i like that they'd buy so i'm glad i get the chance to do all this.
What school do you go to since you live in SF? and...driving a tC is better than driving a honda or something. I switch off driving a freaken HONDA CRV and my e90 to school.
      01-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #102
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i drive all the cars in my household... even my toyota sienna... not the best ride but it takes me places.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #103
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I'm celebrating my 18th birthday next year for the 19th time in my life.
I'll be 29 again this year. Pick an age you liked and always be it.
My first car was a '68 Dodge Dart GT with 78,000 miles. I paid $750 for that. Dropped a 440 hypo motor in it with big fat slicks and a roll cage. Ended up selling it to my little brother who still has it after 25 years.
      01-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #104
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Just a tip 95% of the kids you see driving expensive cars around with the windows down driving like a tard, that is not their primary driving car. One of the reasons why I went to a 328i from my M3 (besides warranty running out and mechanical problems) was the negative attention it got me. I hated having people reving engines at me cutting me off or getting next to me then just flooring it, I hated having to worry about where I parked the car, the thing was a magnet for stupid teens and the "ricer" crowd...
But I guess I am the exception of not driving the car like a retard, I had dark 20% tinted windows and would only crack them open at the top, but I guess thats my personality I like to be a private person and not show off.

I just want to let some of the older people know that some of us youngsters and handles these cars and respect them (I would wash the M every week, and I still wash my car every week) I realize how lucky I am to be able to drive BMW and Mercedes around when 99% of the population could never afford a base 3 series. anyways I am done with sports cars they are over rated expensive and worthless, yet I encourage everyone to own one just once.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #105
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

My first car was brand new 03' Hyundai Santafe. Still beautiful car for such a young kid (when I was 17). Didn't know anything in that time except my parents had lots of money. And I complaind about the car. A year and 3 months ago, I got my e90 (I was 19). Still didn't know anything. I was just happy. But now, I feel so shame on me. I basically playing rich kid game with my father's bloody money. So, while ago, I talked to my dad and told him I just realized this car is way too much for me. I want to sell it and buy some other cheap car just like regular college kid. Dad told me I don't have to. Its all good since I realized that point. And he want me to keep this baby as long as I can. Felt little better after that but still not completely comfortable. So I start to spent less money on everything and study hard. Driving slow and always appreciating to my dad whenever I drive. I hate ppl driving like a nuts. When someone tailgating me, I just turn on the rear fog light. I think rear fog is coolest mod I've done to my car.

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #106
zzinco79
Major
Rep

Oh and those of you whos under 20 or driving like crazy, take defensive driving school. That class teaches me lots of thing. Take it seriously.
You will get 10% discount on your insurance too.

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #107
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
Oh and those of you whos under 20 or driving like crazy, take defensive driving school. That class teaches me lots of thing. Take it seriously.
You will get 10% discount on your insurance too.
That class is a snooze. And they give you the answers before the test. And people still miss the quetions.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #108
zzinco79
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
That class is a snooze. And they give you the answers before the test. And people still miss the quetions.
I know!!! hahahahahahah

Even I didn't take any test in that class

But!! still that class teachs me lots of things.

6 Hr sounds so painful but its not really bad.

I think I enjoyed it.

Future Mod

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #109
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
I know!!! hahahahahahah

Even I didn't take any test in that class

But!! still that class teachs me lots of things.

6 Hr sounds so painful but its not really bad.

I think I enjoyed it.
Definately. Especially if a young driver is having a tough time adapting, it's definately a good class.

Not sure how it is in other states, but we can take it at a comedy club. I've never done it there though.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #110
zzinco79
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Definately. Especially if a young driver is having a tough time adapting, it's definately a good class.

Not sure how it is in other states, but we can take it at a comedy club. I've never done it there though.
Oh yea

My instructor was made fun of cops for entire 6 hours.

Future Mod

Appreciate 0