BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

Mporium BMW

04-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Jack's dad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Question Question on posting pictures of my new car...

My car arrives in a few days and I thought I would post some pictures, especially since there have been fewer sedan pictures posted. I attempted to post some pictures a few weeks ago and the uploaded pictures were rejected as being too large. Yet it appears that many of the pictures posted here are shot at very high resolution and are well beyond the size guidelines as well. Am I doing this wrong, missing a workaround or do I just need to dial down the resolution?

Sorry for the newb question but I know next to nothing about photography...

Thanks,

Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
nMd
Chick
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's dad View Post
My car arrives in a few days and I thought I would post some pictures, especially since there have been fewer sedan pictures posted. I attempted to post some pictures a few weeks ago and the uploaded pictures were rejected as being too large. Yet it appears that many of the pictures posted here are shot at very high resolution and are well beyond the size guidelines as well. Am I doing this wrong, missing a workaround or do I just need to dial down the resolution?

Thanks,

Steve
The large pictures you are seeing have not been uploaded, but rather were linked from a pictures hosting website (photobucket etc).

my photography
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's dad View Post

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,

You can snap the pics at any resolution but make sure to resize them (through software) after transferring them to your computer. Photoshop is perfect for this. If you don't have Photoshop then download an application called Irfanview, it's free and excellent because memory usage is very low (google it). Once you have the app installed, simply open a picture, click on the "image" menu then "resize/resample." Play around with the different resolutions, but 640 x 480 should be a good start, you dont want to post too high of a res. on here because some users may have to scroll sideways to view the entire pic from within the thread. After you are done resizing, click on the "file" menu then "save as" and save the file as a different file name than the original. This way you preserve the original file in high res. and create a new file in lower res.

Good luck.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new car!
Appreciate 0