BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
radiognome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

"Phone connected" reminder

I keep forgetting my phone inside armrest when it's connected all the time. Very frustrating when in a hurry, and need to get back, or when can not get back to the car for some time.
What do you do to remind yourself that phone is connected when leaving the car? I'm close to placing a sticker on the driver door window with "Check your phone" message =)
Would be nice to get a message on the iDrive screen though.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

I hadn't thought of needing a reminder. I don't put my phone in the center console since I have a Thunderbolt (Android based phone) and BMW doesn't make compatible cradles for this particular phone.

Maybe this is time for someone to invent something?

I've left my phone in the ash tray many times but I work in a really small facility and I park right outside my office so I can run out and get it if I leave it there by accident.

A programmable reminder feature would be really nice to have. I think having one with an 'ON/OFF' selection via the control menu would be nice in case you want to keep the phone in the car.
Appreciate 0