BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

05-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
drmarengo
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Bmw m3-enhanced -idrive

I need some help.
I have the system with the 8 inch subs and front/rear components and oem amp.

I have replaced the system with boston acoustics pro(front and rear-components) and SWs 8 underseats.

Power is mcintosh 6 channel amplifier. Also using the alpine pxe-h660.

I am tunning the alpine and would like to know how to get the -just below max volume setting - for the alpine setup(ie-I cannot see a vloume level on screen), any ideas. I feeel it is not set right as the volume starts to increase only mildy I am getting major distortion /breakup.

Also had problems with technic harness-I was having a signifigant turn on pop and turn off pop in the speakers, that could not be avoided.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarengo View Post
I need some help.
I have the system with the 8 inch subs and front/rear components and oem amp.

I have replaced the system with boston acoustics pro(front and rear-components) and SWs 8 underseats.

Power is mcintosh 6 channel amplifier. Also using the alpine pxe-h660.

I am tunning the alpine and would like to know how to get the -just below max volume setting - for the alpine setup(ie-I cannot see a vloume level on screen), any ideas. I feeel it is not set right as the volume starts to increase only mildy I am getting major distortion /breakup.

Also had problems with technic harness-I was having a signifigant turn on pop and turn off pop in the speakers, that could not be avoided.
Please realize that the harness is just that, a harness with wires. Pops are caused by the aftermarket amp/processor if it does not have any soft turn on/off circuitry.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Cobb2819
Some Random Audio Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1981 R80GS/PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Please realize that the harness is just that, a harness with wires. Pops are caused by the aftermarket amp/processor if it does not have any soft turn on/off circuitry.
He is correct. Typically this happens when the amplifier turns on before the processor. Similar concept to firing up an amp and then plugging in RCAs, there should/could be a pop.
Appreciate 0