BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #45
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I think Rick is trying desperately to preserve some of his old world humanity, while Shane has gone fully feral.

Which one is right is really up to the viewer and why I think there is so much debate as to whether Rick or Shane is the better leader.

I hope the show in the future explores more about the world, and what the effect of the zombie epidemic has done to world governments, if there are possible holdouts and safe havens, and what the game plan is of the biggest survivor groups; simply survive or formulate a plan to take back the world.
yessir....that's why i enjoy the show soo much...the possibilites of where they can take the show really are endless.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

I think the stop might just be for character development. They better get back on the road, if the comic just has them living the rest of the time at the farm, I'm going to stop watching.
      02-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #47
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I think the stop might just be for character development. They better get back on the road, if the comic just has them living the rest of the time at the farm, I'm going to stop watching.
agreed. holding out on the farm and making random trips into town can only keep ones attention for soo long. it's time for the farm to get overrun with walkers...and for the group to have to make a move towards finding a new safe haven.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #48
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
agreed. holding out on the farm and making random trips into town can only keep ones attention for soo long. it's time for the farm to get overrun with walkers...and for the group to have to make a move towards finding a new safe haven.
Yea that's probably the outcome, or the people they just met do it.
      02-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

boring season

season 1 is still the best
      02-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #50
Abear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

I wish it would follow the comic more..theres 92 comic as of this month, plenty has happened. I dont want to ruin it for anyone, but if they were to have followed the comic it would be a much better show. Theres a few characters on the show that arent in the comic, but the comic has so much more to offer.

After saying that, I can say that I do enjoy the show. Rick is pretty good actor, although at the end of the last episode it made me kinda chuckle at his facial expression, haha. He was tryin to look pissed, but it just made me laugh. The first episode ending was boss though. Homie took care of business, I cant wait to see what he does this week.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #51
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

the problem with 92 comics, that only covers a few years. you have to imagine people are thinking of the future and trying to make this into at least a 6 season show. So maybe they are trying to add/fill in more blanks to draw the series out longer, rather then relying on the comic to carry them through.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #52
Abear
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, I understand that, but you have to remember that with 92 comics, that one every month for the last 92 months. Until the comic ends the show wont catch up any time soon. Although the comic is only spread out over a I think around 4-5 years, it will take the show a lot longer to catch up.

Im pretty much as dumb as they come and if I can keep up with the comic, any one should be able to, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear View Post
Yeah, I understand that, but you have to remember that with 92 comics, that one every month for the last 92 months. Until the comic ends the show wont catch up any time soon. Although the comic is only spread out over a I think around 4-5 years, it will take the show a lot longer to catch up.

Im pretty much as dumb as they come and if I can keep up with the comic, any one should be able to, lol.
You would be surprised how fast a show will catch up to a comic, and the downfall of the show usually follows. Walking dead is covering so little per show that it will take longer then normal, but if it covered a normal amount, it would be caught up in no time. The result would be either fillers from hired writers, or huge breaks in the show.
      02-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #54
Quick135
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135  [7.76]
I will continue to watch every episode, but I admit my enthusiasm drops a little each Sunday evening.

Its sort of like Sopranos for me. Near the end, I was still religiously watching, but with each roll of the credits I was a little more disappointed. My friends and I just kept waiting for the inevitable war between the Tony and the NY crew. And each week, we were still waiting.

Even after the Vito storyline with Vito and his lover laying by a lake in front of their Harleys....I still watched.

Now, The Walking Dead has not had it's Vito/facepalm moment yet. Not even close. But like many others, Im ready to get the adventure moving along. Any post-apocalyptic story is ultimately about adventure, discovery, etc. And we've been at the farm just a bit too long, imo.

Yes, in a real life situation, the farm would be a destination point for any worthy survivor. But that doesn't necessarily make good TV. Its time to take the characters out of their comfort zone (the farm) and put them back into survivor/nomadic mode. Even though there is a lot of tension between the characters and their respective sub-groups, they seem just a bit too comfortable when the world is crumbling around them.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #55
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

all I care about really is that Glen got to hit that
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #56
Abear
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You would be surprised how fast a show will catch up to a comic, and the downfall of the show usually follows. Walking dead is covering so little per show that it will take longer then normal, but if it covered a normal amount, it would be caught up in no time. The result would be either fillers from hired writers, or huge breaks in the show.
Yeah, I wouldnt want it to move too fast, thats why I dont mind the extra characters and such. Also, in the first season, the whole thing where they went to the BDC or whatever it was, was never in the comics, but it was awesome. I just wish more things would happen like they happened in the comic. Who knows, maybe they will and they are just letting this play out to not catch up the comic. We will just have to watch..lol..thats what they are trying to do anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #57
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

Where are they getting gasoline from?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #58
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
Where are they getting gasoline from?
Didn't they show them scavenging from other cars at one point. But that's not what you should be asking, you should be asking where are they getting gas that's not deteriorated to be worthless.
      02-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #59
Quick135
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135  [7.76]
I actually think gasoline would be plentiful.

You are talking about 90%+ of the US population no longer using it because they are infected/dead. That means a ton of gasoline just 'laying around'. Cars, gas containers, lawnmowers, farms, gas stations' underground tanks, etc. The hardest or most dangerous part would not be locating it but actually retrieving it.

For fun, Im thinking about my house. There are 3 cars, 3 5 gal containers, and a snowblower (I live in Ohio so the lawnmower has been drained for the season.) Given the levels in the cars (1/2 to 3/4s of a tank), there is probably 50-60 gallons on gas in this house alone that someone could salvage. Hell, there is even a little bit of race gas!

I think everyone managing to survive the epidemic would become extremely proficient at siphoning. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #60
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Didn't they show them scavenging from other cars at one point. But that's not what you should be asking, you should be asking where are they getting gas that's not deteriorated to be worthless.
Gas only deteriorates so far. If they aren't concerned about grade of fuel and etc, they are fine. Cars work in parts of the world that we don't even know what quality or age the gas is, so their gas out of the gas tanks in the US is nothing to worry about, even degraded, it's still going to be pretty decent.

Also, just think how much gasoline is in boats!!! there would be 3+ car gas tanks worth in most boats. And most boat gasoline is alcohol free (most) and as a result degrades less. (I realize they are in the middle of nowhere, but i'm just speaking from a fuel standpoint)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #61
Quick135
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135  [7.76]
After I posted, I remembered about boats. Good catch.

Now its not at this house, but the lakehouse has an additional 40 gallons in the boat. Multiply that by about 2000 boats around the lake. (And they are all completely topped off and Stabil added for winterizing.)

Gas would be everywhere, you would just have to worry about your personal security while obtaining said gas.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #62
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

This is the only thing I watch on TV...other than Jersey Shore when I want to kill some brain cells.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #63
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Is the new season streaming online too? I couldnt find it only the older episodes.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #64
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Ive watched every episode so far and honestly, season 1 was the best by far...i feel like theyre dragging the show out now
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #65
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick135 View Post
I actually think gasoline would be plentiful.

You are talking about 90%+ of the US population no longer using it because they are infected/dead. That means a ton of gasoline just 'laying around'. Cars, gas containers, lawnmowers, farms, gas stations' underground tanks, etc. The hardest or most dangerous part would not be locating it but actually retrieving it.

For fun, Im thinking about my house. There are 3 cars, 3 5 gal containers, and a snowblower (I live in Ohio so the lawnmower has been drained for the season.) Given the levels in the cars (1/2 to 3/4s of a tank), there is probably 50-60 gallons on gas in this house alone that someone could salvage. Hell, there is even a little bit of race gas!

I think everyone managing to survive the epidemic would become extremely proficient at siphoning. lol
I guess I would have to park the BMW. Premium is gonna be hard to come by!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #66
f1rst 1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1 & '09 Cayman S

so....what'd everyone think about tonight's episode?

2013 BMW 335i XDrive M Sport 6spd
Cobb Tuned '09 135i
Appreciate 0