BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

01-10-2017, 06:15 AM   #1
Mets13
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 ZCP

New M3 Owner Ballina - M3 World Experience

Hi All,

I purchased a 2010 ZCP M3 about a six weeks ago. I wasn't really in the market for an M3, just happened to purchase it by chance, but extremely glad that acquisition. After the previous owner took me for a drive I started doing some research on the net about the M3.

I found M3 World website via Google, called the number on the site and spoke to Dave. At this stage I hadn't made up my mind if I was going to purchase or not. There is good service, then there is the service Dave provides. Honestly, I own a service based business, but I have never experienced service and time Dave is willing to give. He mentioned if I purchased the car that I should be willing to spend the money and change out the rod bearings. Great advice!

So I bit the bullet and purchased the M3. Drove it like a baby for two weeks until the rod bearings were done. Rang Dave to let him know I purchased the car and I was interested in an exhaust system, a gearbox tune and engine tune. I only purchased the X pipes and both tunes. Dave made the trip himself to Ballina to assist with the installation of the exhaust and tuning software.

Three weeks later, I rang Dave and asked his opinion on getting the rear section of the exhaust done. Decided to go with the rear section with valves. Once again, Dave made the trip to Ballina to assist with the installation. He even drove to Brisbane to pick the exhaust up the week before Christmas so that I could have it installed before Christmas holidays.

My impressions - I find any excuse to take the car for a drive. I can't get over how much difference the exhaust sounds. It sounds awesome valves open or closed. They aren't closed to often As I only owned the car for two weeks prior to the X Pipes and tunes, and because I drove it like a baby, I couldn't really tell the difference before and after the mods. So I called the previous owner and asked him to take it for a drive. He wanted to buy the car back. He couldn't believe the difference in the car. He purchased an M2 and said that over 100 kph the M3 would take his M2. Don't know how true this is but it's fast enough for me.

Dave from M3 World is a great guy with so much knowledge about the M3. I couldn't be happier with the car. I have attached a couple of pics.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  M3 3.bmp
Views: 976
Size:  3.63 MB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
OzCraig63.50
DaveDee532.00
      01-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90, DCT, Space Grey

Ballina eh? Is that Chris' old car?

EDIT - Hahaha that is definitely Chris' car! I was the guy that 'forced' your hand into buying it
I spoke to CP and said I was going to fly up that weekend if you said no.
Congrats on the purchase mate, from what I found it is in pretty good nick!
Worked out for the best, I ended up picking up an E90 for the same money but with 40k less on the clock

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
kosz888
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6sp Manual

Congratulations on your recent purchase, I recently bought a E92 M3 6sp which is still in factory form apart from a BMC drop in filter. I am thinking about an exhaust upgrade though im on the fence at the moment as would like to keep the noise down. For now I'm not in a rush as I'm enjoying the M3 as it is still fast enough and sounds good when at full throttle.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
American Dave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Congratulations and welcome to the M club.
Having M3 World and Dave Dee makes owning the car so much better.
Honestly the service that Dave provides is second to none imo.
Jerez Black 2008 6MT with Borla Atak Exhaust/ M3 World X Pipe and Test Pipes/ aFe Pro Stage 2 Intake / 19" Advan DZ-DF Forged Wheels wrapped in ContiSport Contact 5P 245/35/19 Fronts & 285/30/19 Rears/ KW Var 3 Coilovers / BPM Sports Stage 2 Tuned/ VAC Rod Bearing Replacement / Throttle Body Actuator Gear Set
Appreciate 1
DaveDee532.00
      01-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #5
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Thanks Matt for taking the time to put together such a awesome write up. It was a great experience being involved and always so rewarding helping to bring smiles to faces.
It's also really good that Mitch has started business in Ballina, and he's as good as they come to look after your M.
Glad to hear you are still enjoying the car Dave, looking forward to catching up in Perth next visit.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #6
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCraig View Post
Ballina eh? Is that Chris' old car?

EDIT - Hahaha that is definitely Chris' car! I was the guy that 'forced' your hand into buying it
I spoke to CP and said I was going to fly up that weekend if you said no.
Congrats on the purchase mate, from what I found it is in pretty good nick!
Worked out for the best, I ended up picking up an E90 for the same money but with 40k less on the clock

Hi Craig,

Yes, this is Chris' old car. Thanks for forcing my hand (I was thinking I might of got it a couple of grand cheaper until you called him ), but it's all good.

Your car looks sweet and I'm a massive fan of that colour. My car mechanically and the interior is in awesome condition, but the bonnet has a number of stone chips and there are few marks on the paintwork. I'm thinking of having the car resprayed in the future as I never intend on selling it. Still trying to figure out if I want to make any other changes to the car, but I'm in no rush.

The clicks on the car were a bit of a concern, but it was one owner, which is a later 50's solicitor, who looked after the car and the kms are from his 30 minute commute to work each day. He never drove the car with the paddles, never launched the car and used the M button a handful of times.

I loved the look of the coupe, it has every option under the sun and was happy that it was a comp. package. Silverstone maybe not my first choice of colour, but it is growing on me.

Mets

Last edited by Mets13; 01-11-2017 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 02:27 AM   #7
kevin.tan007
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Love he car mate, been on the search for this one in 6mt for a few months now. The e46 m3 is gone and starting to miss it. Let me know if any pop up!

Enjoy the ride
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 02:34 AM   #8
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Brilliant work mate!
You'll have to tell Chris next time you see him, I'm sure he'll find it amusing

Yeah he didn't strike me as the type to go mental in the car, after chatting with him a few times etc it felt like he was a good egg.
We ended up chatting quite a bit and he was really enamoured with his/your car, you could tell he loved it and looked after it. I'm quite happy it has ended up with someone that is equally car-centric.

I'm road tripping up to Brisbane soon, I might go the coast road and stop in Ballina if you guys are about.

Cheers,
Craig
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 03:50 AM   #9
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Welcome and congrats on M3 ownership! Coincidently, you have gone for the EXACT same shopping list from Dave as I did! His advice, service and all round knowledge on this platform is hard to beat.
      01-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #10
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant work mate!
You'll have to tell Chris next time you see him, I'm sure he'll find it amusing

Yeah he didn't strike me as the type to go mental in the car, after chatting with him a few times etc it felt like he was a good egg.
We ended up chatting quite a bit and he was really enamoured with his/your car, you could tell he loved it and looked after it. I'm quite happy it has ended up with someone that is equally car-centric.

I'm road tripping up to Brisbane soon, I might go the coast road and stop in Ballina if you guys are about.

Cheers,
Craig
Let me know Craig if you are heading up this way, would be good to catch up.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #11
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
Welcome and congrats on M3 ownership! Coincidently, you have gone for the EXACT same shopping list from Dave as I did! His advice, service and all round knowledge on this platform is hard to beat.
Hey JJH

Yep I'm super happy with the mods. I can't get over how good the exhaust sounds. The Mrs says she can hearing me coming about a minute before I pull up.

I have only put 100 kms on the daily driver ( black Beamer ) since I have purchased the M3
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #12
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Thanks Matt for taking the time to put together such a awesome write up. It was a great experience being involved and always so rewarding helping to bring smiles to faces.
It's also really good that Mitch has started business in Ballina, and he's as good as they come to look after your M.
Glad to hear you are still enjoying the car Dave, looking forward to catching up in Perth next visit.
Thanks again Dave. Love your work and thanks to other forum members for their kind words

Mets
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 12:56 AM   #13
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Glad you're enjoying the M3 - no surprise there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets13 View Post
I can't get over how good the exhaust sounds. The Mrs says she can hearing me coming about a minute before I pull up.
My Mrs hasn't been treated to a ride in mine with valves open. Yet. Having said that, she doesn't mind the sound of it in closed mode compared with stock .

My 15 y.o.daughter on the other hand is a real fan of the valves open noise
      01-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #14
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Nice car!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #15
Mets13
Rep

Couple of pics after the boys have had a bath. Never get sick of looking at or driving the M3. I have had so many compliments on the look and sound (Thanks again Dave)of the car. Also get your share of attention from your SS Commodore drivers. The Mrs is up me because I spend too much time in it. They just don't understand!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #16
OzCraig
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Looks good mate!
On a road trip from the 11th but only get as far north as Bellingen, otherwise I'd drop by and say g'day. Planning another trip at Xmas though, thinking Byron so possibly then!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #17
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Great looking car. Welcome to the Club.

Car looks very neat, maybe just replace the chrome gills and grill surrounds with something that suits those dark windows and menacing exhaust...

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #18
Crambo
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Looks awesome! I love Silverstone! Definitely agree with Rod's comment above, some gloss black kidney grills would set it off nicely. I'm having my stock chrome ones resprayed today
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #19
Crambo
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Out of interest, what window tint are you running? Is that sub 35%?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 02:47 AM   #20
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Looks good mate!
On a road trip from the 11th but only get as far north as Bellingen, otherwise I'd drop by and say g'day. Planning another trip at Xmas though, thinking Byron so possibly then!
Hey Mate let me know if you are around at Xmas. Happy to catch up in Byron.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #21
Mets13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Rod View Post
Great looking car. Welcome to the Club.

Car looks very neat, maybe just replace the chrome gills and grill surrounds with something that suits those dark windows and menacing exhaust...

Hey Rod thanks for the feedback. Have often wondered whether the dark grill and gills would look good with the silverstone. Still sitting on the fence. Would like to see what it looks like in real life. Personally I think it suits the space grey cars better.

Last edited by Mets13; 03-07-2017 at 02:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #22
Simmeaux
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Looks great !

Agree with the others that the black grills would set it off nicely and maybe some angel eyes too
Appreciate 0