BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #67
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

It was good, lots of action. They should have left Shane in the bus though.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #68
f1rst 1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1 & '09 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
They should have left Shane in the bus though.
yeah, judging from the previews from next week, that may have been a good idea........

2013 BMW 335i XDrive M Sport 6spd
Cobb Tuned '09 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #69
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

anything happen after the final commercial? Like after they put the guy back in the car.
      02-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #70
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

anyone have an idea if theres anything significant to the person/walker walking that shane notices in the prairie?

I wonder if its just a walker, or if it may be a walker making its way to the farm.

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #71
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Not really sure actually, didn't seem like the walker made much progress if it's heading towards the farm. Curious to see if the other walkers will heads towards the farm now too. I don't think the show will stay there much longer.
      02-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #72
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
anything happen after the final commercial? Like after they put the guy back in the car.
you didn't miss anything....they just showed a quick preview of next week's episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzy04 View Post
anyone have an idea if theres anything significant to the person/walker walking that shane notices in the prairie?

I wonder if its just a walker, or if it may be a walker making its way to the farm.

i wondered that as well...but i'm thinking its more of just a mental reminder that although they're out in the country and things seem fairly quiet for the time being....the Walkers are still out there!

i know folks last week were wanting more walker action...and we certainly got it with this episode. one of my favorite parts was when Rick had those two dead walkers lying on top of him with the 3rd one piled on top...and he just blasted his way through the first one's head to kill the top one...AWESOME!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #73
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:

That walker was shown at the beginning in the morning, and at the end of the episode during sundown. Both times, Shane stares at the walker in the field.

I think it represents Shane's state of mind. Nothing has changed in him, he still loves Lori and Carl and think they are his own, even though he seems to accepts Rick's terms.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #74
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

I think last night's episode was pretty good, a great departure from the monotony of the first half of season 2. Personally, I'd like to see the farm get overrun and force the group to find new shelter. I'd hate for the "world" of this show to consist of the farm and trips to town.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #75
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

they need to leave the farm and move on to someplace new already, it's getting boring.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #76
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Curious though if the lone walker maybe symbolized Shane's want to go on his own, walkers out in the field solo surviving just fine, maybe Shane feels the same way.
      02-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #77
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Curious though if the lone walker maybe symbolized Shane's want to go on his own, walkers out in the field solo surviving just fine, maybe Shane feels the same way.
Maybe walkers heading towards the farm.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #78
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
That walker was shown at the beginning in the morning, and at the end of the episode during sundown. Both times, Shane stares at the walker in the field.

I think it represents Shane's state of mind. Nothing has changed in him, he still loves Lori and Carl and think they are his own, even though he seems to accepts Rick's terms.
thanks! that makes sense

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #79
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
thanks! that makes sense
you just know that lone walker is taunting shane.... in shanes head he can see the walker with it's arms in the air pumping fists and screaming "FREEDOM!!!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #80
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptime View Post
Personally, I'd like to see the farm get overrun and force the group to find new shelter. I'd hate for the "world" of this show to consist of the farm and trips to town.
I think maybe the writers threw us some hints, with Rick talking with Shane about winter and how the cold weather might affect the walkers, about the need for them to find more food/staples in the fall, etc.. Change is coming.

P.S. Did you catch their conversation about the 2 dead security guards? No bites, apparently they turned from just scratches. Interesting! Might be important to know later on - I laughed thinking about all the hand to hand combat Rick and Shane had with walkers in this episode, yet not a single scratch! Love it!
      02-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #81
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
I think maybe the writers threw us some hints, with Rick talking with Shane about winter and how the cold weather might affect the walkers, about the need for them to find more food/staples in the fall, etc.. Change is coming.

P.S. Did you catch their conversation about the 2 dead security guards? No bites, apparently they turned from just scratches. Interesting! Might be important to know later on - I laughed thinking about all the hand to hand combat Rick and Shane had with walkers in this episode, yet not a single scratch! Love it!
So... End of season 1 - Scientist guy tells Rick something before he blows up the building..

Now season 2, Walkers are happening without bites..

The virus is either airborne, or too many walkers have gotten in to the water supply.

they are going to kill Shane off in a redemption type of move i would guess as the season finally.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #82
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

More importantly, all the times people have gotten covered in walked blood, when they have open wounds of their own, and somehow, no transmission.
      02-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #83
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
More importantly, all the times people have gotten covered in walked blood, when they have open wounds of their own, and somehow, no transmission.
that's because it's their teeth and nails are venomous.... not their blood
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #84
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
So... End of season 1 - Scientist guy tells Rick something before he blows up the building..

Now season 2, Walkers are happening without bites..

The virus is either airborne, or too many walkers have gotten in to the water supply.
After the scientest had tested their blood, I *think* what the scientist told Rick is that all of them are already infected - which means that they when they die, they will turn (unless "measures" are taken by the living).

That would explain his seeming lack of surprise when he observed that the security guards were not bitten.
      02-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #85
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
After the scientest had tested their blood, I *think* what the scientist told Rick is that all of them are already infected - which means that they when they die, they will turn (unless "measures" are taken by the living).

That would explain his seeming lack of surprise when he observed that the security guards were not bitten.
hmm... Then how did the security guards "die" without any wounds or signs of starvation?

I do like the idea of them all already being infected though, that puts a fresh spin on "The Walking Dead" as in, still alive but technically a dead man walking..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #86
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
hmm... Then how did the security guards "die" without any wounds or signs of starvation?

Suicide. That explains the (hidden) reason for the writers revisiting the topic with the daughter on the farm.

This is going to sound crazy, but I'm almost positive that one of the cars in the parking lot had a hose running from the exhaust into the interior. I think they showed a brief glimpse while the guys were being chased through the lot by the walkers. The dumb part of this is that a modern car doesn't give off enough pollution to kill anyone, but this is Hollywood and poetic license is allowed.

Funniest line in the episode for this native Atlantan was Rick suggesting they might get a couple of snowmobiles for the coming winter. The only snowmobiles in Atlanta are in magazine pictures!

P.S. My little theory is probably wrong, but I like it so much I'm enjoying the ramifications if it were to be true - primarily that Rick continues to push for a 'happy life' for his family while he knows that the knowledge he has would cause several of his party to give up.

Last edited by DieselDiner; 02-28-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #87
Abear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Theres more to the scratches than the show is leading on. The scratches wont turn you..by themselves.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #88
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear View Post
Theres more to the scratches than the show is leading on. The scratches wont turn you..by themselves.
STFU.