BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #1
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive

Anyone Wakesurf

Just took delivery of my new wakesurf boat and getting pumped for the season! When I first placed the order for my 23 M3CX it was in Brooklyn Grey. As we all know the wait for an allocation was real. With that I changed color my exterior color a number of times. I landed on Dravit for the M3 so when I placed the order for the new boat I went with a color that is very very similar to Brooklyn Grey. Here is the two of them together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-18-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC M3C X View Post
Just took delivery of my new wakesurf boat and getting pumped for the season! When I first placed the order for my 23 M3CX it was in Brooklyn Grey. As we all know the wait for an allocation was real. With that I changed color my exterior color a number of times. I landed on Dravit for the M3 so when I placed the order for the new boat I went with a color that is very very similar to Brooklyn Grey. Here is the two of them together.
That is a pricey inventory in your garage. You should install a fire suppression system to protect that stuff.

Those Centurions are really nice and make wake-surfing easy. I've been out a bit the last few seasons on a wakesurf board. Mainly behind my friends Yamaha wakesurf edition boat. Little more fine tuning with a jet boat to get the wave right but it works really well.
Tyga113235.50
      02-18-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Damn...#goals
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
That is a pricey inventory in your garage. You should install a fire suppression system to protect that stuff.

Those Centurions are really nice and make wake-surfing easy. I've been out a bit the last few seasons on a wakesurf board. Mainly behind my friends Yamaha wakesurf edition boat. Little more fine tuning with a jet boat to get the wave right but it works really well.
That’s not a bad idea, I will look into it. Thx
I grew up ocean surfing and when we went to the lake we would waterski or wakeboard. The first time someone asked me to go wake surfing with them I was not all that interested. Well, silly me. Once convinced to go I was hooked. A ton of fun (the endless wave) and little to no risk of getting hurt.
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC M3C X View Post
That’s not a bad idea, I will look into it. Thx
I grew up ocean surfing and when we went to the lake we would waterski or wakeboard. The first time someone asked me to go wake surfing with them I was not all that interested. Well, silly me. Once convinced to go I was hooked. A ton of fun (the endless wave) and little to no risk of getting hurt.
I'm a huge fan of wakesurfing and in my opinion it is much more satisfying than wakeboarding for someone like me that doesn't have that much skill. Also, 1000% better than pulling a tube behind the boat. My kids absolutely love tubing but I hate it so much.
      02-21-2023, 10:03 AM   #6
M4thewife
Registered
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 comp 04 E46 zhp

Love the color and the garage height. I need to drop the tower to get mine in. Me and the family have been wakeboarding for years. I have now been wakesurfing since a recent back injury. It would be unwise for me to try jumping and landing any trick now on a wakeboard. Me and my youngest love wakesurfing. My oldest daughter still loves to wakeboard. This is our our third boat now that is more surf capable than our last one. My daughter really wanted to get an all white exterior with the tan interior but we went with something that matched my truck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      02-21-2023, 02:58 PM   #7
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

The fact that you can still fit it in even with the lower ceiling is still a win in my book. Most people have to settle for a side yard with a canopy or something lol. Or just on-site storage at their favorite spot.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2023, 03:02 PM   #8
Jask.BMW.Bhandal
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6 SPD E90 330i

Great choice going ceramics, steel rotors look so gross after one wash!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 03:09 PM   #9
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4thewife View Post
Love the color and the garage height. I need to drop the tower to get mine in. Me and the family have been wakeboarding for years. I have now been wakesurfing since a recent back injury. It would be unwise for me to try jumping and landing any trick now on a wakeboard. Me and my youngest love wakesurfing. My oldest daughter still loves to wakeboard. This is our our third boat now that is more surf capable than our last one. My daughter really wanted to get an all white exterior with the tan interior but we went with something that matched my truck.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Your setup looks great as well!
It took a while for me to iron out the exact details of the shop with the architect. (specs and where on the property it was going to sit). I ended up going 16ft high so with the stem wall on the foundation it is about a 17ft ceiling. The garage door for the boat is 14ft. Convenient for sure.
I did a lot of back and forth on the boat specs/build. So many options. Really happy with how it turned out.
Enjoy the times with the family! I am in my 40’s and some of my greatest childhood memories are with the family at the lake house waterskiing, wakeboarding, etc… My favorite part of having the boat is creating those memories for my kids!
Side note: Post injury, wake surfing is the only safe option.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2023, 03:13 PM   #10
CC M3C X
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhandal52 View Post
Great choice going ceramics, steel rotors look so gross after one wash!
Thank you!
I couldn’t be happier! Love the brakes themselves and the gold calipers really tie in well with Dravit.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #11
plutnicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M8C Coupe & 2019 X3 M40i

Beautiful Malibu, my neighbor at the lake just bought a 23MXZ. I'm an old wakeboarder, kneeboarder, tuber, etc.. Last couple of years my kids and I started doing a little surfing behind my friends Cobalt R5 Surf. I have a regular R5, so you can't surf behind it. My neighbor got into it so much, that he traded his 'toon for the Malibu for this summer, so it's going to see some use.

It's definitely easier on the body than wakeboarding, especially for us older fellas. I hate surf boats, or mainly their owner/operators, because of the giant wake and the damage they cause to docks and boats tied to them if the owner is not attentive. That said, it's fun and we'll be part of the dark side this year.

I do find it easier to teach people to surf if they have some wakeboarding experience. Not impossible, just easier.
Appreciate 1