BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
flyingfortress
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

snowboarding in vermont?

vague title i know, sorry.

i am trying to plan a trip to snowboard in vermont this february with some friends, but i am kind of lost so far. we probably want to go to either stowe or killington, so if you've ever been to either, any suggestions would be appreciated!
we are looking for a house or condo or something to rent that isn't all "home and country" and that you can actually have some fun at. close to the mountain (either) and close to town (bars/food). probably will be 6 of us.

so if anyone has any suggestions or experiences, i would appreciate the help!
thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs up

Stowe. Stowe and Sugarbush provide some awesome skiing that, at times, may make you think you're farther west or north than you are. The runs are a lot shorter than out there, obvuously, but very nice. Make sure to check out Goat Pass at Stowe (i think).

Stratton in New York is cool too. Really cool apre ski.

Killington is Killington. It reminds me of something puny like 7Springs from here in PA. But, it's huge... tons of different terrain and goodtimes. You'll wanna spend a lot of time on Bear Mnt and K1. Hit Vertigo and Outer Limits for some really cool slope time while there.

Hope this helps... but, I ski.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

Jay Peak if you don't mind going a little further for the best snow/terrain on the east coast. Less crowded, more snow, cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
setofvs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 2008 E90 335xi

Definitely depends on what the skill level of the group is, are you guys hardcore park rats, cruisers, beginners, freeriders, etc.

Stowe, Jay Peak offer higher elevations and steeper drops, but the runs are a lot shorter. Killington is the biggest out East and offers the most varied terrain, but comes at a price of being very crowded on weekends. My favorite would probably be Stratton though, big wide trails and not overcrowded.

Cannot wait for boarding season.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
flyingfortress
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

thank you for the replies so far.

um, i'd say we're all pretty advanced in skill level. most of us have worked at our local slopes or been instructors. we are looking for mostly freeriding with some park mixed in.

stowe and stratton seem pretty good. any recommendations on places to stay in either?
thanks again!
Appreciate 0