BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
sergkoko
Comrade
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
APR Custom Front Splitter

Some of you may have read a thread I started a few weeks ago regarding the acquision of simple wind splitter, the jist of that thread was that I could not find one. A member suggested googling the one on Paul Walker's M3, so I did, it was very much what i wanted but was too big for a street car. So then I found another one on Vivid's website but it was designed for the 3-Series M-tech or so it looked in the picture.
I contacted Tony at APR and asked him if they could help me out. Tony was very promt to respond with some information to include pictures of two splitters, one on the Walker's car and another of an actual design they made for the M3. Which follows the contour of the bumper a little bit more then the Paul Walker car's.
I then asked Tony if he could morph the two into one awesome splitter for me, which I wanted to have the round contour of the racecar with the 2inch extension of the black car's, as well as the width to fit the factory bumper without extending passed the fender width.
Two days later my splitter was being packed up for shipment and tony sent me the picture of my new custom splitter.

I have to also mention that the price was absolety awesome, coming in at under half of all the more curvy splitters like challenge and others. The customer service was absolutely amazing, which means alot to me since I am deployed and it is hard for me to call via phone to the states. Also the whole process only took two days from concept to shipping.

The pictures below are 1. Paul Walker's M3 Racecar 2. The previous M3 design APR did on an actual M3 bumper 3. The one Tony put together for me.

I hope this thread shows my fellow member's some of the alternatives to aero modifications other then the very popular options averyone seems to always go with.

I will post pictures a little later this winter when I finally get a chance to go home and install it on my car.
Attached Images

Last edited by sergkoko; 01-09-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0