BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #23
rockd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 35i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy View Post
I will try to make a long story shorter: I ordered my car last week on what appeared to be a good deal (details not important, but are here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391562).

The dealer convinced me to date the financing paperwork to 5/31, even though the only thing I needed at that point was a $2,000 deposit until the car was actually cleared from the port / NJ preparation center. He said it would "help with their monthly sales number" and, as I apparently did not have much to loose, I did them this favor.

Fast forward one week, the car is not here (as they promised) and they don't know why. And I just found out that the interest rate for 24-month financing (my case) is down to 0.9% this month, from 3.9% last month!

I already gave them $4,000 charged to my credit card and a $36,000 check, which was cleared yesterday as downpayment. I called them today and demanded that the financing paperwork be redone with the current interest rate. They are resisting the idea and saying "bad luck!". I did some math and if this does not change I will loose around $2,600 in interests.

My question is: I have not taken delivery yet. Can I refuse delivery and get my money back?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

PS. Now my signature below sounds like a bad joke

Let me guess - Herb Chambers? That place is a sh!t-show... they think they can do whatever they want because they're the only BMW dealership in Boston.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #24
bikesbikes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton View Post
Standard practice is to give you the best rate at the point you pick-up the car. In fact, my dealer let me lock on a rate and if it improved at the point of pickup he would give me the lower rate, but if it was higher I would get the locked rate.
This is standard practice here as well.
If you get the run around from the manager take it up with BMW USA.

I always thought that the actual delivery of the car was what counted towards monthly numbers. I could be wrong.

I also find it hard to believe that a BMW dealership would risk their reputation on something like that. It's standard practice to give the current rate at time of delivery.

I've had to back out of a deal a few years ago. My dealer refunded me my deposit. He said "It's unfortunate I can't have you as a customer now but if we treat you right, you'll be our customer in the future..." then he added "it's an M3 we'll sell it anyway"

sure enough... I eventually bought an M3 from the same guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #25
von_zoom
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z06

I don't know, but not a good way to begin a relationship with your dealer. I assume you will be returning whenever your car requires service. Hope you do not have another shoving match over a warranty issue, or anything else.
Good luck
vz

Previous Track Toy
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #26
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

call the credit card company and dispute charge and refuse delivery you will see how fast they change their mind. i cant understand why the dealer would care about what interest rate BMW is offering. its not like they can make money on the rate difference. what do you expect from a car salesman.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton View Post
Standard practice is to give you the best rate at the point you pick-up the car. In fact, my dealer let me lock on a rate and if it improved at the point of pickup he would give me the lower rate, but if it was higher I would get the locked rate.
This is how it works as i understand it. Tell the manager that you'll be contacting BMW NA to file a complaint. See if that changes his tune.
      06-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #28
KnightsCapone
A pure fighting machine with only one desire - Win
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2015 F15 X5 5.0L

Can I re-negotiate my lease if i have already signed,been delivered car in Munich for ED and am currently waiting for it to get to USA. April lease rates were way high compared to rates now!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #29
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlibra1974 View Post
Can I re-negotiate my lease if i have already signed,been delivered car in Munich for ED and am currently waiting for it to get to USA. April lease rates were way high compared to rates now!

No. You already bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlibra1974 View Post
^^ As stated above, as soon as the car is delivered the transaction is complete. I understand that you're waiting for it to get state side, but the 'D' in E.D. does stand for delivery.

That's why the OP has room to move, the transaction is not complete. And it won't be until they fulfill their contractual obligations by delivering the vehicle in the trim in which he ordered it.
      06-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #31
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Another quick update:

- They are going to redo the financing from scratch. I will re-evaluate how much to put down and they will cut me a check for the difference. Interest will be 0.9% for 24 months

- According to their tracking system, the car was released from the prep center yesterday and was waiting for a truck. It should be in their central storage facility by now and it is likely to be delivered on Mon or Tue.

I will believe it when I see it, but things are looking promising at this point. Once I get the car and drive home I will post some more details about the whole mess and what I've learned (the hard way) so people don't have to go through the same hassle.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #32
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Glad to hear that this eventually worked out.

It sounds like they needed a little push but fortunately they made it right. Doesn't excuse their behavior.

Hopefully you'll have the car in a couple of days and in a couple of weeks you'll forget about the bumps in the road since you got the better rate in the end.

If I remember, you also cut off about 6 weeks of waiting so you'll be able to enjoy the vert in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
SIIK2NR
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Lesson learned......
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #34
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Despite all the bumps on the road, she arrived today... And I couldn't be happier!

I am recovering from knee surgery to fix a ski injury and can't really take pictures right now on those clumsy crutches, but take my word for it: IB with black/CF interior is an awesome combination.

More details soon.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #35
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
glad it worked out, congrats, and hope you recover fast. An advice about that knee surgery, use heat pads works miraculously.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #36
M3Bliss
Just Live'n the Dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3

sheepboy, congrats on your car and I was glad to hear that things worked out for you. You will love the M3, it is the best car I have ever owned, chalk up the experience to a lesson learned but don't let it detract from your enjoyment. Best of luck.
      06-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #37
Mr C
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 Dakar and E90 AW

I just picked up My M3 Individual this past Monday. I locked-in a few months ago. But as you stated the interest rate went down. I asked them about it, and they stated that they would give me the June rate, “no problem.” Most dealers will give the lower rate even if you locked in. Keep in mind I said “MOST.”

At least in California, there is something called ‘’RIGHT OF REFUSEL.” The dealer even stated to me that if I didn’t want the car, they car they would give me back my deposit, after they sold it. But that is because it is Dakar, which might not be so easy to sell. But in any case, they would have still let me back out of the deal.
      06-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #38
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I did the same thing as you, but in exchange for an additional $500 off. I had them insert stuff in the contract like I wouldn't take it if it had any damage, etc. But my car also arrived later than expected (although they gave me a 335xi loaner not long afterwards), but in in retrospect, I would not do it again. Well, maybe if they offered me $1500 or something, but I highly doubt they would...
      06-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #39
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
This is how it works as i understand it. Tell the manager that you'll be contacting BMW NA to file a complaint. See if that changes his tune.
Dont threaten them with BMWNA...... just do it. I am in Germany and had some hellish issues with my 530i and was getting the run around from local German Dealers......... went straight to BMWNA and it was resolved in one day.

CAVEAT....... I bought the car through US BMW Military sales in Germany.
      06-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #40
leboeuf45
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M4 comp

First off glad that you got it str8, i am a Sales Manager at a G.M. dealership in Austin T.X. . For future refrence it doesnt matter that you signed a contract or 5 contracts for that matter, untill you get in the car you bought and leave the dealer parking lot( after you have signed ) legally you havent taken delivery and you all legal rights to cancell/ back out. Sounds like the GM made good and is going to take care of you so good for you!
Appreciate 0